Recommended Lane: Dragon Lane
Sona plucks her harmonies not only to soothe injured allies, but also to strike down unsuspecting enemies. Sona is an enchanter support champion with an excellent team fight presence thanks to her utility loaded kit.
After casting three basic abilities, her next attack is enhanced to deal an additional 20 magic damage (20 + 15% AP) with a bonus effect based on the last ability cast.
Hymn of Valor-Staccato: Bonus damage increased to 8 magic damage (8 + 6% AP).
Aria of Perseverance-Diminuendo: Reduces damage dealt by the target by 25% (25 + 4% AP) for 3 seconds.
Song of Celerity-Tempo: Slows by 40% (40 + 4% AP) for 2 seconds.
Basic abilities grant a non-stacking aura for 3 seconds.
Deals 40 magic damage (40 + 50% AP) to two nearest enemies.
Aura: Enhances allied champions’ next attack to deal an additional 10 magic damage (10 + 30% AP).
Heals herself and another allied champion for 30 (30 + 25% AP).
Aura: Grants allied champions a shield that absorbs 25 damage (25 + 30% AP) for 3 seconds.
Gains 10% Movement Speed (10 + 0.03% AP) for 5 seconds.
Aura: Grants allied champions 10% Movement Speed (10 + 0.03% AP).
Passive: Reduces the base cooldown of Sona’s basic abilities by 10%.
Active: Plays an irresistible chord, dealing 150 magic damage (150 + 50% AP) and stunning for 1 second.
Innate: Power Chord
Sona gains an enhanced attack effect based on the 3rd ability casted and her basic abilities grants an aura effect.
Hymn of Valor-Staccato: Grants additional bonus damage. This is the most straight forward effect which should be abused during the laning phase to keep your opponent’s HP low. Just keep in mind of your positioning if you are going to poke because you are an immobile squishy champion.
Aria of Perseverance-Diminuendo: Reduces the damage output of the target enemy champion for three seconds. This is the best defensive Power Chord effect and should be used every single time an assassin and any other champion tries to kill your carry.
Song of Celerity-Tempo: This is going to be your go to offensive options in the mid to lane game because your damage won’t scale well unless you are playing as the mid AP carry. The slow effect from this Power Chord in combination with the bonus movement speed effect from Song of Celerity increases your chances of a successful pickoff.
Q / Ability 1: Hymn of Valor
Hymn of Valor deals magic damage to the two nearest enemies, prioritizing champions of course. After casting, Sona gains an aura which enhances her ally’s next basic attack with additional magic damage.
This is your main poke tool which you should abuse to bully your enemies during the laning phase. Be careful when casting Hymn of Valor because you might steal cs from your ADC or you might over extend and get yourself killed.
Always squeeze in an auto attack after casting Hymn of Valor.
This ability does not damage enemies under bushes if you have no vision of them so place a ward in of the bushes in your lane.
This deals an absurd amount of damage when played as a mid AP carry.
W / Ability 2: Aria of Perseverance
Aria of Perseverance heals you and a nearby allied champion then invokes an aura that grants a shield to all nearby champions.
During the early game, Aira of Perseverance can be mana heavy especially before completing your Tear of the Goddess. So do not spam this ability blindly. The right way to use it is to wait for a trade then activate it just before the enemy’s attack or ability hit you or your ADC.
Aria of Perseverance heals invisible allied champions like Evelynn. It would not reveal them but the animation will alert the enemy of their location.
E / Ability 3: Song of Celerity
Song of Celerity grants you bonus movement speed and activates an aura that does the same for your teammates.
When setting up a fight, run up to your allies who are behind first before casting this ability. It is important to do this because if you cast it while in the presence of allies up front, they will arrive faster than those in the back and they will begin the fight outnumbered which makes them at risk of being burst down quickly.
R / Ultimate: Crescendo
Crescendo is an AoE stun ability which also deals an average amount of damage. It is a strong engage/disengage tool because it has a fairly wide AoE and quick animation. It is easy to catch two or more enemy champions with this ability.
Crescendo also grants a passive reduction to the base cooldown to all of Sona’s basic abilities.
Sona Build Recommendation
Here are Item Build Recommedation that works on Sona
The Support Maven
This is the standard build for Sona which focuses on increasing her utility and support functions.
- Arcangel’s Staff – This item, starting when you get its component, Tear of the Goddess, solves your mana problems. It also grants a good amount of AP and a passive which converts your mana into a shield when your HP drops below a certain percentage.
- Harmonic Echo – Grants additional healing on your W, Aria of Perseverance, when you have max harmony stacks which accumulates when moving or casting abilities.
- Ionian Boots of Lucidity – Provides ability haste which reduces the cooldown of your abilities and this item grants spell haste as well which reduces the cooldown of your summoner spells. Upgrade with either the Shadows Enchant for scouting and slowing purposes, Locket Enchant for another team shielding on demand, or Redeeming Enchant for a scouting active with a healing component included in it.
- Ardent Censer – Adds an offensive buff compoent to your W, Aria Of Perseverance. The offensive buff grants additional attack speed and bonus magic damage to an ally near you.
- Athene’s Unholy Grail – Add another layer of healing on your W, Aria of Perseverance, using the Blood Stack from this item which is stacked through damaging enemies.
- Rabadon’s Deathcap – Boost all your ability’s effects using this item’s high AP stat.
The Carry Maven
This build is for a mid lane sona which deals strong consistent damage but can still offer a lot of utility at the same time.
- Luden’s Echo – Grants additional AoE damage to your Q, Hymn of Valor, through the Discordic Echo passive which is also stacked through moving and casting abilities.
- Lich Bane – The Spellblade passive which grants bonus magic damage to an attack after casting an ability has massive synergy with Hymn of Valor’s Power Chord – Staccato which combines into one burst magic damage attack,.
- Aery – provides equal amounts of offensive and defensive bonuses. It grants additional damage to your attacks and it also grants an additional shielding component to your W, Aria Of Perseverance. Conqueror on the other hand is a purely offensive Keystone Rune which grants bonus damage when executing consecutive attacks.
- Brutal – Grants additional damage and penetration which is also a good option as a support Sona because of your strong early game poke capability.
- Loyalty – Grants additional resistances to both you and your lane partner. Regeneration is a good alternative when going solo so you can spam your abilities a little more before getting the Tear of the Goddess.
- Pack Hunter – Increases your movement speed when near an ally. Grants you and a unique ally bonus gold on takedowns as well. Sweet Tooth grants bonus regeneration and bonus gold when eating Honeyfruits which is helpful when playing as a mid laner.
Exhaust is picked on Sona because she is an immobile champion and this summoner spell can help protect yourself or your carry from flanks or ganks from assassins or from the enemy’s carries.
Sona is extremely immobile and squishy so Flash is a non-negotiable spell for her.
Q, Hymn of Valor, is maxed first to take advantage of its poking strengths during the early game. However, if the lane is hard, maxing W, Aria of Perseverance, is a viable route. Max E, Song of Celerity last because it grants the least amount of utility for Sona and her team compared to the other two abilities. Get a point for your ultimate, Crescendo, whenever possible.
Miss Fortune and Sona synergizes in so many ways. First, they both have an oppressive lane presence due to their superior poke. Second, they both have movement speed enhancement abilities which makes them unmatched when it comes to kiting. And finally, Sona’s ultimate, Crescendo, is a good set up for Miss Fortune’s ultimate, Bullet Time.
Sona is weak against hook type champions because she is immobile so for now, Blitzcrank is her kryptonite.
Here are some pros and cons if you are playing with Sona in Wild Rift.
- Sona has great team fighting presence and is a safe laner which makes her a good champion to main. She is a pick which can fit and do well on most line ups.
- She grants a lot of utility from the strong poke damage and damage buff, healing with a shield, and movement speed bonus. She can also reduce the damage output of an enemy or slow them down.
- Last but not the least, her ultimate is so straightforwardly good because of how easy it is to land her AoE stun on an enemy team.
- Sona is squishy and is an easy target. She has low HP and has no options for disengaging an enemy who is trying to kill her aside from her ultimate and by using Flash.
- Because of the reasons above, she cannot roam and more importantly, she can never be alone or else she’s easily dead when faced against most enemy champions. This makes her capabilities limited to only a small area around her at a time.