Recommended Lane: Baron Lane
Ezreal’s courage and bravado knowing no bounds, he prefers to improvise his way out of any situation, relying partially on his wits, but mostly on his mystical Shuriman gauntlet, which he uses to unleash devastating arcane blasts. Ezreal is one of the most mobile AD Carry and he relies on skill shots to rain in damage to his enemies, near and far.
Gains 10% Attack Speed for 8 seconds when hitting abilities, stacking up to 4 times.
Fires a bolt, dealing 90 physical damage (20 + 120% AD + 30% AP).
Hitting a target reduces Ezreal’s other ability cooldowns by 1.5 seconds.
Applies on hit effects.
Fires an orb that sticks to a champion, epic monster or structure for 4 seconds.
Hitting the target with an attack or ability detonates the orb, dealing 80 magic damage (80 + 60% bonus AD + 75% bonus AP) and refunding 60 Mana.
Blinks to target location and fires a bolt, dealing 80 magic damage (80 + 50% bonus AD + 75% AP).
Prioritizes enemies hit by Essence Flux, then the nearest enemy.
Fires an energy wave, dealing 350 magic damage (350 + 100% bonus AD + 90% AP).
Deals 50% reduced damage to minions and non-epic monsters.
Innate: Rising Spell Force
Ezreal receives a stacking attack speed bonus each time he lands an ability. This can be stacked up to four times and he loses the stacks after a few seconds not hitting an ability. He can refresh the duration of his maxed stack by hitting an enemy with an ability.
Ezreal should always stack up before joining a fight by hitting minions or jungle monsters. Alternatively, Ezreal can stack up real fast by trying to hit his ultimate, Trueshot Barrage, on multiple champions.
Q / Ability 1: Mystic Shot
Mystic Shot is Ezreal’s main source of damage and poke. It is a long range skill shot which applies on-hit effects which is why Trinity Force and Iceborn Gauntly is so popular with him.
Although it applies on-hit effects, it cannot crit so crit items is generally a bad idea on Ezreal.
Mystic Shot reduces all of Ezreal’s abilities cooldowns so it is an extra incentive to land the shots and not spam it blindly.
Mystic Shot has extremely long range which is not, in my opinion, exactly ported correctly and fairly from the PC version because its just too far for a spammable ability. Abuse it while you can.
W / Ability 2: Essence Flux
Activating Essence Flux will make Ezreal toss out an orb that sticks to first enemy champion, structure, or Epic Monster for a few seconds. Attacking or landing an ability on the marked enemy pops the orb, dealing magic damage and replenishing Ezreal’s Mana.
Essence Flux is a great way to poke enemies in lane and impose pressure because it passes through lane minions.
It can be used to keep your passive stacks intact when there are no champions or minions around by targeting a turret with it.
E / Ability 3: Arcane Shift
Arcane Shift, in my opinion, in downright OP. It works similarly to Flash but on a relatively low cooldown. Couple with cooldown reduction from items and from Q, Mystic Shot, it is possible to use Arcane Shift once every few seconds.
When Arcane Shift is used, it attacks the nearest enemy but it prioritizes targets with the Essence Flux mark in its effective range.
Arcane Shift is the main engage tool and combo starter of Ezreal but be aware of your position because you are still a squishy marksman who can die in just a couple seconds.
Arcane Shift is an OP (yes I keep using it because it is indeed overpowered) escape tool because it works even when crowd controlled when timed correctly. With this ability, you can escape even after being Rocket Grabbed by Blitzcrank or after being knocked up by Malphite’s Unstoppable Force.
R / Ultimate: Trueshot Barrage
Trueshot Barrage is a global range skill shot which deals a considerable amount of damage. It can be used for various reason such as:
- Sniping off low HP enemies.
- Shave off the enemy team’s HP before starting a clash. This will instantly grant you maximum stacks on your passive, Rising Spell Force.
- Shove minion waves
It is advisable to cast Trueshot Barrage while out of the enemy’s vision so they are unaware and less likely to avoid your ultimate.
You can reposition yourself with Flash if you think you’ll miss the shot.
Combo: W + E + Q + AA
Ezreal Build Recommendation
Here are Item Build Recommedation that works on Ezreal
The Prodigal Explorer
This is the standard build for Ezreal which works well on most lineups and deals substantial AD damage in all stages of the game.
- Manamune – Solves all your mana problems and adds additional damage based on your current mana which applies on all auto attacks and abilities.
- Trinity Force – This is Ezreal’s bread and butter because the Spellblade passive applies on Mystic Shot and the attack speed bonus is a big deal when combined with his passive. Build Iceborn Gauntlet if you threatened by the enemy’s AD mid laner like Zed or Yasuo especially if they snowball.
- Ionian Boots of Lucidity – This item will grant you max cool down reduction which is a must have for Ezreal who loves spamming his abilities. Upgrade with the Stasis Enchant to deal with burst damage champions or upgrade with the Quicksilver Enchant to rid yourself of CC.
- Blade of the Ruined King – Counter tanks with this item’s HP based damage which also applies to Mystic Shot.
- Mortal Reminder – Shred tanks who stacked armor against you with this item which grants the highest amount of Armor Penetration. Additionally, it applies Grievous Wounds to those you damage as well.
The Prodigal Magician
This is an AD and AP hybrid build for Ezreal which is just viable for a particular niche which is if you have no other source of AP damage so you’ll discourage the enemy team to stack only armor items against your team.
- Luden’s Echo – Grants an intermittent AP bonus damage which activates on max Discord stack which builds up on moving and casting abilities, both actions thatEzreal is good at.
- Nashor’s Tooth – Provides another on-hit effect which adds additional magic damage to your auto attacks and to your Mystic Shots. Works well against squishy champions but if the enemy team comp are full of high HP heroes, better build Blade of the Ruined King instead.
- Hextech Gunblade – This item gives hybrid spell vamp which is a good sustain tool in the late game especially when combined with Blade of the Ruined King. The Hextech Bolt passive of this item is a great addition to your combo to delete enemies.
- Conqueror – Grants a stacking damage bonus when damaging champions which is similar to your innate passive and therefore, they pair well.
- Brutal – Grants bonus damage and penetration,
- Loyalty – Provides hybrid resistance to you and your lane partner.
- Manaflow Band – Increases your maximum mana over time through hitting enemy champions. This synergizes well with Muramana’s passive.
Heal is a great panic button through out the game as it provides sustain for you and another ally. Plus, it provides a short burst in movement speed which could mean life or death in a wide variety of situations.
Flash makes Ezreal twice as slippery than he already is.
Q, Mystic Shot, is maximized for its damage and long range poke. E, Arcane Shift, is maxed next to reduce its cooldown and W, Essence Flux, is maxed last because its more of only a “bonus damage” ability. Of course, put a point in your ultimate whenever possible.
Lux and Ezreal is the skill shot King and Queen. They are a nightmare to deal with in lane and nobody is safe because they both have a global range nuke.
Kai’Sa outscales Ezreal and can come back from behind. Her Q, Ecathian Rain, will punish Ezreal if he uses his Essence Flux and even if he blinks Twice, Kai’Sa can simply use Killer Instinct to catch up to him.
Here are some pros and cons if you are playing with Ezreal in Wild Rift.
- Ezreal is a traditionally a safe pick before he can last hit from afar and blink out whenever threatened. But due to the lack of high pressure marksmen and maybe because of the nature of the mobile port which is Wild Rift, Ezreal is a beast even in the early game.
- Because Ezreal is an early game beast and can scale well, he is currently the S tier king of marksmen and is a constant pick in rank games even after his nerf.
- Ezreal deals consistent damage in team fights and can deal both good single target and AoE damage thanks to his ultimate.
- Three out of four of Ezreal’s abilities are skill shots and requires a good amount of skill to land consistently, especially as you climb up in rank. The champion lock helps but it becomes less effective the higher your rank becomes so it’s actually not an advisable habit to pick up.
- Ezreal is always a contested pick so there is a 50% chance that the enemy will pick it first. When banning is introduced in Wild Rift, expect him to be consistently banned as well.