Recommended Lane: Dragon Lane
Able to bend light to her will, she grew up dreading discovery and exile. Lux’s optimism and resilience have led her to embrace her unique talents. She is a mage champion which excels on nuking her enemies from afar. She can be played in the middle as a burst mage and the Dragon lane as an poke type enchanter.
Damaging abilities affect enemies with Illumination for 5 seconds. Illumination empowers Lux’s next attack against that target, dealing 50 magic damage (50 + 30% AP).
Cast out a ball of light that roots 2 enemies for 2 seconds and deals 70 magic damage (70 + 70% AP) to both targets.
Throws Lux’s wand in a direction, shielding allied champions it passes through from 50 damage (50 + 20% AP) for 3 seconds.
After reaching its apex it returns to Lux, shielding allied champions for an additional 100 damage (100 + 40% AP).
Creates a zone of light that slows nearby enemies by 30%. After 5 seconds, the zone detonates, dealing 60 magic damage (60 + 60% AP).
Re-cast: Detonates the zone.
Fires a beam light dealing 300 magic damage (300 + 75% AP) to all enemies in a line.
Final Spark ignites and refreshes Illumination.
Damaging enemies with her abilities marks them with Illumination which can be triggered by Lux’s auto attack or her ultimate ability to deal magic damage.
Lux win trades through poke and with this ability. After hitting enemies with an ability, go in for an auto attack to activate illuminate but be careful not to get poked back. Most of the time, your enemy will learn to do two things about your passive:
- They will poke you back before you land your auto attack. Be on your toes so you can avoid their skill shots and learn to weigh your decision carefully because getting hit by their skills just for activating your passive is not worth it in most cases.
- They will respect your damage and get away from your range before you are able to execute your auto attacks. This is always a win scenario for you because you will be denying them farm and xp while you or your ADC gets to farm safely. Do not overextend in this case just to activate your passive.
These scenarios will depend on the matchup you are facing but as a rule of thumb, maintain a safe distance when using lux. It is not worth it to put yourself in danger just to activate Illumination.
Your ultimate, Final Spark, activates and refreshes Illumination. This adds to the possibility of dealing absurd amounts of damage even as a support.
Q / Ability 1: Light Binding
Light Binding is a skill shot which damages and roots the first two enemies it hits.
You will want to use Light Binding to keep enemies in place for your ultimate or for your allies to finish off. It can also be used for defensive situations for holding off enemies charging towards you or your ADC.
It is best not to spam this skill because it is also a form of protection for you and your team and without it, you are more vulnerable.
Cast it right after slowing enemies down with your E, Lucent Singularity to increase your chances of hitting them.
You can also cast it when the enemy is behind a minion because it will still pass through and might surprise your enemy.
W / Ability 2: Prismatic Barrier
Prismatic Shield is your main defensive spell where Lux throws her wand to apply a shield to her and allies it passes through and again on its way back. The shield applied is stronger on its way back.
Prismatic Shield can and will disrupt your enemy’s combos and timing and can prevent enemies from killing your cores with a single combo. Lux is an immobile champion and good timing of Prismatic Shield will save her life a lot of times.
If you miss your ally on your wands way out, try to position yourself so that you will hit more allies on its way back. It is especially important because the shield your skill provides is stronger on the way back.
When running away, cast your shield in the direction you are running to so that your wand will return faster to you.
There are people who spam Prismatic Shield to fake their skill shots but it is not recommended because you are a lot vulnerable while it is on cooldown.
E / Ability 3: Lucent Singularity
Lucent Singularity shoots out a big ball of light that remains on the ground and slows enemies inside its AoE. The ball of light then explodes when its timer expires or when detonated manually.
Lucent Singularity has a long range and reveals the area where it lands. Use it to check bushes instead of making your allies facecheck (to go inside the bush to see if there are enemies) the bushes.
This ability is spammable and has good AoE which makes it your best wave clearing and harassment tool.
The slow effect of Lucent Singularity is underrated but it is so good, especially when placed on choke points where enemies would have no choice but to suffer the slow and damage or choose a more dangerous route for their escape.
Remember to activate it when your enemy is about to escape. It will be quite frustrating if an enemy escapes knowing that they could have been taken down if you just detonated your ball of light.
R / Ultimate: Final Spark
Final Spark might be the most reliable global range skill shot because it is near instantaneous activation and large width. It deals a large amount of damage and activates and also refreshes your Illumination passive.
Lux users usually use Final Spark to do one shot combos or to pick off enemies from afar but its most underrated use is as a followup initiation. To hit 3 or more enemies with a single cast of Final Spark will usually spell the win for Lux’s team.
You can and should also use Final Spark to attempt steals on Dragons and Baron. On level 16+, a E + R combo deals more damage than the Smite spell.
Standard Poke: E + Q + Auto Attack
All In: E + W + Q + Final Spark + Auto Attack + E
Defensive: Q + E (do not detonate) + W
Lux Build Recommendation
Here are Item Build Recommedation that works on Lux
Mage Lady of Luminosity
This is your standard build for a mid lux which goals to amp up her cooldown reduction and damage output to churn out as much damage as possible.
- Luden’s Echo – This item’s passive effect, Discordic Echo greatly increases Lux’s lane presence and pressure through poking because of its bonus magic damage which proccs when using abilities.
- Awakened Soulstealer – Increases your CDR (cooldown reduction) on your ultimate for every unique takedown you make. The bonus CDR on your ultimate can exceed the 40% CDR cap which will make your Final Spark very spammable.
- Ionioan Boots of Lucidity – You will have max CDR with this boots together with the first two items. Upgrade with the Stasis Enchantment to protect yourself from burst damage combos. Redeeming, Quicksilver, and Protobelt Enchant are viable alternatives as well.
- Rabadon’s Deathcap – Grants the highest possible AP that a single item can give. This item is OP with Lux because she has high AP scaling.
- Void Staff – Deal major damage against tanks with this item with its 40% magic penetration.
- Infinity Orb – This item can feel overkill at this point but this will allow you to shred and 1 shot combo even tanks.
Support Lady of Luminosity
This build is for a support type Lux playing on the dragon lane. This item build focuses on increasing the utility Lux can bring for her team.
- Harmonic Echo – Grants the Harmonic Echo passive which adds a healing effect to your W, Prismatic Shield.
- Ardent Censer – Provides the Censer passive which adds a buff effect to your W, Prismatic Shield which grants additional attack speed and bonus magic damage to your attacks to you and your shielded ally.
Mage Lady of Luminosity Rune Build
- Electrocute – Deals additional damage when executing combos. You have to at least do your poke combo (E + Q + Auto Attack) to activate this rune.
- Brutal – Provides bonus AP and magic penetration.
- Regeneration – Grants additional HP or mana regeneration depending on which is lower. Allows you to sustain better during the laning phase.
- Manaflow Band – Increase your max mana every time you damage an enemy champion.
Support Lady of Luminosity Rune Build
- Aery – Your attacks and abilities deal bonus damage or bonus shield coming from Aery. However, the bonus damage is way lower than from Electrocute to compensate for its reliability and utility.
- Weakness – Make enemy champion receive more damage when they are affected by your Q, Light Binding’s root or E, Lucent Singularity’s Slow.
- Loyalty – Provides additional armor and magic resist to you and the closest ally champion to you.
- Pack Hunter – Grants additional movement speed when near an ally champion. Unique takedowns with an ally also provide bonus gold to you and the ally as well.
Barrier is the best spell for Lux because it makes an immobile champion rather hard and annoying to kill. The Heal and Exhaust summoner spells are viable options as well.
Flash should always be a summoner spell equipped on Lux because she is an immobile champion.
Lux’s E, Lucent Singularity is maxed first because it is a reliable AoE spam skill which also provides a lot of utility for you. Max Q, Light Binding, when you are ahead and choose to max W, Prismatic Shield when your team needs more defense. You can also choose to get your shield earlier at level 2 or 3 when facing a tough lane. Get a point in your ultimate whenever possible.
Ezreal is the skill shot bot lane duo which is super annoying to deal with. This duo deals extreme amount of damage from long range at all points of the game. Plus, there is no place is safe in Wild Rift when these two are around. Pair them with an AoE setters like Amumu, Jarvan IV, or Malphite for highlight worthy wombo combos!
Lux relies on skill shots and Fizz just loves to dodge those skill shots. If you are unable to bully Fizz out of the lane, when he reaches level 5, expect your game to be constantly hard for you.
Here are some pros and cons if you are playing with Lux in Wild Rift.
- Easy to learn. Lux is one of those champions with a low skill floor which means she is easy to play from the get go but she also has a high skill ceiling which means that she is rewarding to play again and again as you gain more experience with her as you master her.
- She has lots of utility, she has a root, a slow, a shield, and her spells reveal enemies as well!
- She also has an absurd amount of damage and range. If you think about how much utility she can bring to a team, her damage and range feels like its unjustified and OP.
- Immobile. She is a favorite prey of assassins because she is vulnerable to ganks specially when her Q, Light Binding and W, Prismatic Shield are on cooldown.
- All her skills are skill shots and many champions have mobility skills or enough movement speed to dodge them. Not to mention, you can learn and predict to dodge them even without mobility skills. It is also possible to avoid her Final Spark using the Stasis Active even while rooted.