Recommended Lane: Mid Lane
Seraphine is the premier star in both Piltover and Zaun. Empowered by her gifts and her hextech, she amplifies the voices of all with a fresh force of optimism. They inspire her, and she will do her best to inspire them in return. Seraphine is a long range mage/enchanter hybrid who brings an amazing amount of damage and utility to team fights.
Echo: Every third basic ability cast will echo, casting it again.
Harmony: Casting an ability grants a Note to nearby allies for 5 seconds. For each Note, Seraphine’s next attack gains 0.3 Attack Range and deals an additional 4 magic damage (4 + 4% AP).
Deals 55 magic damage (55 + 50% AP) in target area, increased by 0% – 50% with the enemies missing Health.
Reaches maximum damage when the target is below 25% health.
Shields all nearby ally champions for 60 damage (60 + 40% AP) for 2.5 seconds and grants them 20% Movement Speed for 2.5 seconds.
If Seraphine is already shielded, nearby allies are healed for 5% of their missing Health (5 + 0% AP), increased by 50% for each ally.
Deals 60 magic damage (60 + 50% AP) to enemies and slows them by 99% for 1 second(s).
If the enemy is already slowed, they are rooted instead, if they are rooted, they are stunned.
Deals 150 magic damage (150 + 70% AP) to enemies and charms and slow them by 40% for 1 second(s).
Spell extends when it touches an ally or enemy champion.
Innate: Stage Presence
Every third basic ability of Seraphine echoes, or casts twice. It brings additional damage and/or additional utility to her abilities:
- Q, High Note – Deals twice the damage. Great for clearing and executing enemies.
- W, Surround Sound – Allies will be healed.
- E, Beat Drop – The slow becomes root on slowed enemies and rooted enemies are stunned instead.
Her ability icons change depending on her many stacks of Echo she is carrying.
The picture above is the secondary innate passive of Seraphine which is Harmony. Every time she casts her abilities, allies near her are granted a Note. Each note increases Seraphine’s attack range and makes her deal extra magic damage. Her team can carry a maximum of 20 notes at a time. Remember to auto attack once in a while to activate and deal additional damage with the notes.
Q / Ability 1: High Note
High Note is Seraphine’s main damaging ability. It is an execution ability which means that it deals more damage the lower the enemy’s HP is. When echoed, High Note is a potent nuke.
Be careful when using the ability during the laning phase if you are playing as a support because you might kill the minions with High Note and steal the gold that should be for your marksman.
High Note is best echoed in finishing fights because of its execution damage scaling. But remember to give the kill to your marksman when possible.
W / Ability 2: Surround Sound
Surround Sound is Seraphine’s defensive utility spell. It grants a shield and a movement speed bonus for all allies in an area around Seraphine.
When echoed, Surround Sound heals all allies in the vicinity and the amount of heal increases based on all ally’s missing health. The lower the health of your allies, the more effective Surround Sound’s healing becomes.
Just be mindful that the heal doesn’t come instantly unlike the shield. But the shield guarantees that the heal will arrive on time before your ally is killed.
You can activate the heal on demand even without using your echo stack through the Locket Enchant. Do not activate the locket and echo because it will not make Surround Sound heal twice.
E / Ability 3: Beat Drop
Beat Drop is Seraphine’s crowd control ability. It slows all enemies it hits, and if the enemy is already slowed, the enemy will be rooted instead. But if the enemy is already rooted, the enemy will be stunned instead.
Echoing Beat Drop is a good initiation tool because it will root enemies who will get hit twice.
The slow doesn’t have to be from Seraphine to convert the CC into a root. Charm from Seraphine’s ultimate (and also not from her) is considered a slow and those hit by her ultimate then Beat drop will be rooted, or stunned if echoed.
You can pull off a stunning Beat Drop without an ally’s help and without activating your ultimate with the help of Rylai’s Crystal Scepter. After obtaining Rylai’s Crystal Scepter, Q + E will root and Q + E (echoed) will stun. Alternatively you can build the Shadows Enchant. Although, it is not a very reliable initiation tool because the ghost from the shadows enchant moves slow.
R / Ultimate: Encore
Encore is a unique Charm ability as it has a long range which extends for every ally and every enemy hit so in theory, it has unlimited range but each champion, ally or enemy, can only extend Encore once.
Untargetable allies will extend Encore but untargetable enemies would not.
Because of Encore’s extending nature, it can be used as an initiation tool from way back using your allies as bridge to reach enemies from afar.
Encore does not activate echo nor give it a stack.
Combo: R + E + W + Q
Echo will activate on E if you have 2 stacks.
Echo will activate on W if you have 1 stack.
Echo will activate on Q if you have no stacks.
Seraphine Build Recommendation
Here are Item Build Recommedation that works on Seraphine
Burst Pop Star
This is Seraphine’s standard build in the mid lane that focuses on increasing her cooldown reduction then her damage output.
- Luden’s Echo – Grants additional burst damage thanks to the Discordic Echo passive which adds bonus magic damage to your spells.
- Awakened Soulstealer – This is the best cooldown reduction item and its unique passive, Soul Charge, reduces your ultimate’s cooldown for each unique passive and it can exceed the cooldown reduction cap through this.
- Ionian Boots of Lucidity – This puts your cooldown reduction to its maximum amount of 40%. Upgrade with the Locket Enchant or Shadows enchant if you want to have the effects in can give in combination with your skills. Otherwise, upgrade with the Stasis Enchant to counter burst damage champions or the Quicksilver Enchant to counter crowd controls.
- Rabadon’s Deathcap – Provides the highest possible amount of AP an item can give. Your damage will skyrocket after obtaining this item.
- Rylai’s Crystal Scepter – Grants HP and AP and a slowing effect to all your damaging abilities which synergizes well with Beat Drop.
- Void Staff – Punish those who stack magic resist against you with this item that provides the highest amount of magic penetration.
This is the item build for a support Seraphine which boost her defensive utilities.
- Harmonic Echo – Adds an additional healing effect to your W, Surround Sound.
- Ardent Censer – Buffs your allies by providing an attack speed bonus and bonus magic damage on their attacks whenever you cast W, Surround Sound.
Burst Pop Star
- Electrocute – Deals bonus damage when doing combos. A Q echo + auto attack will deal substantial damage when combined with Electrocute.
- Brutal – Provides additional damage and penetration.
- Spirit Walker – Grants a small HP bonus and slow resistance.
- Sweet Tooth – Provides bonus gold and additional HP regeneration when eating Honeyfruits.
- Aery – Attacks and abilities sends Aery to the target and it will deal bonus damage or shield allies near it.
- Weakness – Enemies you crowd controlled will receive bonus damage from you and your allies.
- Loyalty – Grants additional dual resistance to you and an ally near you.
- Pack Hunter – Increases your movement speed when near an ally. Unique takedowns grants additional gold to you and a unique ally as well.
Seraphine is an offensive oriented long range nuker and Ignite allows her to kill off opponents that would be able to get away without it.
Flash is a must on Seraphine because she is an immobile champion who is very vulnerable in close range combat.
Q, High Note, is maxed first as it is Seraphine’s main source of damage. E, Beat Drop, is maxed second to scale its damage and cooldown. Lastly, W, Surround Sound, is maxed last. Although, if you feel that your team is dying often, it might be better to prioritize W, Surround Sound, for the additional sustain. Get a point in your ultimate whenever possible.
Seraphine Early Game Guide
Seraphine Late Game Guide
Ashe’s Frost Shot constantly slows down enemies so your Beat Drop will always root and stun your enemies. They are also perfect lane partners as they are both long range champions who can damage enemies and farm safely from a distance.
Seraphine simply doesn’t have the kit to kill Zed because of his mobility and she also doesn’t have the capability to survive his combos. Buy Stasis Enchant ASAP against this champion.
Here are some pros and cons if you are playing with Seraphine in Wild Rift.
- Seraphine is a simple champion that is fairly easy to learn but can provide lots of utility and damage for her team.
- She has extremely long range and all her abilities are AoE abilities that are fairly easy to hit.
- She provides both offensive utility from her slow, root, stun, and charm. And she also has defensive utility in the form of shielding, healing, and increasing movement speed.
- Free music!
- Seraphine excels in long range fights so when enemies get close, she becomes really vulnerable because she has low HP and no mobility abilities.
- She requires good positioning and if her team mates does not know how to position themselves in team fights, she suffers as well.