Dangerous, yet disarmingly precocious, Annie is a child mage with immense pyromantic power. Annie is a short range nuker which can one shot a lot of champions. She is also capable of spamming her skills to poke enemy champions and support her team.
After casting 4 abilities, the next offensive ability stuns enemies hit for 1.25 seconds.
Hurls a fireball that explodes in a small area, dealing 80 magic damage (80 + 80% AP). Killing an enemy refunds Disintegrate’s Mana cost and halves its cooldown.
Releases a cone of fire that deals 70 magic damage (70 + 70% AP) to all enemies within it.
Shield Tibbers or an allied champion for 3 seconds, absorbing 60 damage (60 + 60% AP). Enemies who attack the shield take 25 magic damage (25 + 30% AP).
Tap to cast on self.
Summons Tibbers, dealing 150 magic damage (150 + 60% AP) to nearby enemies. For the next 30 seconds, Tibbers deals magic damage, burning nearby enemies by 20 (20 + 10% AP) per second and attacking enemies for 50 (50 + 20% AP).
Tibbers Enrages (hasting him by 100% and granting 210% Attack Speed) when summoned, an enemy champion is hit by Pyromania, or Annie Dies.
Re-activate: Order Tibbers around.
Pyromania makes her 5th damaging ability stun all enemies hit. The skill counter is visible under Annie’s life bar. The next ability will stun when the last counter turns purple. It can be seen by both allies and enemies.
As the counter is visible to both allies and enemies, you will notice that your enemies will be more wary of you as your counter goes up. Try to catch your enemies off guard by executing combos which will cause you to stun them even if you have only 2 or 3 ticks in your counter. We will discuss some skill combos later.
Q / Ability 1: Disintegrate
Disintegrate is your main poking and damaging tool. It is a skill shot that deals damage to the first target it hits and to a small area around it. It is different from the PC version which is a single target homing projectile.
Use Disintegrate to last hit minions because killing them using your Q will refund its mana cost and half of its cooldown.
Since Disintegrate is no longer a homing projectile, it is not as viable a tool to control mobile champions unlike in the PC version. It can still be used as such but it is better to use your Pyromania stun with your W, Incinerate or R, Summon: Tibbers because of the wider range these skills has.
W / Ability 2: Incinerate
Incinerate damages enemies in a small cone in front of her. The casting time is almost instant so a Incinerate + Flash combo is a guaranteed stun when Pyromania is up. It passes through enemies and even goes through Yasuo’s Windwall.
E / Ability 3: Molten Shield
Molten Shield grants a shield to the target champion or to Tibbers. The shield scales with her AP and it damages enemies who attacks the shielded target. This skill does not consume Pyromania but it adds to the stack. Tap to cast on self.
Summon: Tibbers is a strong burst AoE damage spell which deals quite the DPS afterwards. Annie’s ult has quite the range and size which makes it the ideal ability to use together with Pyromania. This skill can turn around team fights with one tap of a button.
Tibbers enrages when summoned, when Pyromania actives, or when Annie dies. An enrage Tibbers moves and attacks twice as fast so make sure he is hitting the target you want through controlling him by directing him using her ult key.
Activating Annie’s Ult has a slight delay and mobile champions such as Zed or Fizz will try to avoid this ability. If faced with mobile enemy champions, try to use Summon: Tibbers after Pyromania or as a follow-up to your teammates crowd control abilities.
2 Pyromania count poke combo:
E – W – Q
2 Pyromania count all-in combo:
E – Q – R – W
2 Pyromania count all-in combo vs mobile champs:
E – Flash – Q – W – R – Q
3 Pyromania poke combo:
Q – W
3 Pyromania all-in combo:
Q – R – W
3 Pyromania all-in vs mobile champs combo:
Flash – Q – W – R – E – Q
Annie Build Recommendation
Here are Item Build Recommedation that works on Annie
- Luden’s Echo – Luden’s Echo is a good first item on Annie because it greatly amplifies her Q, Disintegrate with its Discordic Echo passive which adds bonus AoE damage to your abilities once in a while.
- Awakened Soulstealer – This item grants the highest amount of cooldown reduction. Together with Luden’s Echo, Annie will have max CDR for her ultimate after 5 unique takedowns (30.6 seconds – Exceeds the 40% CDR cap) allowing Annie to spam Summon: Tibbers to her hearts content.
- Ionian Boots of Lucidity – Grants 10% CDR which makes Annie have the Max possible CDR. It is recommended to upgrade it with the Protobelt Enchant to help with your mobility issues. You can also upgrade it with the Stasis Enchant when faced with burst damage from the likes of Zed and Fizz.
- Rabadon’s Deathcap – Has the highest AP stat in the game. Once you have this item, you’ll be able to one shot most non tank champions.
- Morellonomicon – A well rounded item which grants HP, AP, magic penetration, and makes your magic damage apply Grievous Wounds for 3 seconds.
- Void Staff – This item has the biggest magic penetration value which is perfect when enemy front liners itemize against you.
- Infinity Orb – Makes your abilities deal bonus critical damage when damaging low HP enemies for a swift execution. Build this item instead of Luden’s Echo if you plan on increase your ganking early on and when snowballing a winning lane.
- Liandry’s Torment – Make your abilities deal HP based DPS. This item is perfect for heroes with high HP like Alistar and Blitzcrank.
Ignite helps you burst down enemies with one combo even in the early game. Use it to counter the heal summoner spell and high sustain champions as well.
Flash is a must for Annie because her spells have short range and she has no abilities relating to mobility. She can either use flash to initiate or for escape.
We will want to max Q, Disintegrate first because it is spammable and has quite the range to it. It is useful for poking and last hitting in the laning phase. We will max W, Incinerate next to increase your overall damage and we will max E, Molten Shield last because the utility it provides does not fit Annie’s role as a mid lane nuker. But if you are playing as Dragon lane support Annie, it might be better to max your E after your Q. As always, put a point in your ultimate whenever possible.
Alistar and other tanks with near instant and large scale initiations like Amumu, Malphite are perfect teammates for Annie because they allow Annie to flank and follow-up their initiation with ease.
Lux is a tough match up for Annie because she out-ranges Annie by a large margin and her all-in combo can one shot her. Another thing is that her Prismatic Barrier can provide shield to her allies which will save them from getting combo’d to death by Annie.
Here are some pros and cons if you are playing with Annie in Wild Rift.
- Annie is a simple champion that is easy to learn and does not take a lot of time to play effectively. In fact, you could contribute a lot to your team from the get go with her.
- She has high damage output with low cooldown skills.
- Annie has shorter range compared to other mages.
- Her short range is coupled with no mobility skills does not help her case. Her low mobility makes her easy to kill when she fails to land her stun and/or when her Flash is on cooldown.
- She can feel useless when falling behind.