Recommended Lane: Dragon Lane
Blitzcrank is a behemoth of burnished metal, steam, and crackling electricity. He is a proactive support which can have a high impact in the game on all stages of the game. Blitzcrank is for the aggressive support player that loves to kill and roam in Wild Rift.
Gains a shield that absorbs 104 damage (30% Mana) for 10 seconds upon falling below 35% Health.
Fires his right hand to deal 60 magic damage (80 + 80% AP) and pull the target to Blitzcrank.
Gains 70% decaying Movement Speed and 30% Attack Speed for 4 seconds.
When Overdrive ends, Blitzcrank is slowed 30% for 1.5 second.
Empowers his next attack to critically strike for 105 physical damage (180% AD) and knock up the target.
Passive: While Static Field is off cooldown, attacks mark enemies to deal 40 magic damage (40 +15% AP) after 1 second.
Active: Deals 250 magic damage (250 + 80% AP) to nearby enemies and silences them for 1 second.
Innate: Mana Barrier
Blitzcrank’s passive grants him a shield when his HP drops below a certain % based on his current mana. This effect goes on a fairly long cooldown after activation.
Try to fight and tank more aggressively when your passive is available as it last for 10 seconds which lasts longer than most team fights.
Q / Ability 1: Rocket Grab
Blitzcrank fires his right hand to pull the first enemy hit towards him. The affected enemy will receive magic damage and be stunned for a short while.
You can interrupt the enemy’s jungler by pulling the monster they are trying to take down. This is usually done at the start of the game by running towards their red buff and immediately putting wards on their red buff. It’s always a nasty surprise that will surely tilt your enemy. Be careful though, as you increase your rank, you will find more enemies who will be anticipating this annoying move.
Rocket Grab tips:
- Use the brushes and fog of war to your advantage. Casting it while you are invisible to the enemy will surely catch them by surprise. Make it a habit to use your sweeping lenses on your lane and where you plan to fight so you’ll have the vision advantage.
- Hooking enemies who are near walls are more likely to succeed because they have less options on where to go. Casting your hook diagonally also adds to this effect.
- Cast your W, Overdrive to catch up on your enemies before hooking them. In the mid game and the late game, sometimes it is better to just run up to your enemies with your Overdrive then use your E, Power Fist on them.
- If you have an ally with reliable initiation skills like Vi or Jarvan IV, it might sometimes be a better choice to let them initiate and then use your skills as follow-up to their initiation.
- You can use Rocket Grab + Flash to surprise your enemies with long range hooks or to hook enemies from hard angles.
W / Ability 2: Overdrive
Overdrive makes Blitzcrank exceptional at roaming as it grants him movement speed and attack speed boost for a few seconds. After the effect subsides, he is slowed for a short while.
Use this skill to catch up to your opponents to position yourself for a Rocket Grab or a Power Fist. You should also use this ability to quickly get back to your lane after recalling and to quickly respond on clashes and objective taking.
E / Ability 3: Power Fist
Power Fist enhances Blitzcrank’s next attack to deal critical damage and knock up the affected target. This skill is used to either initiation on the opponent or keep the opponent in place after being pulled using Rocket Grab.
Power Fist is also an auto reset which means Blitzcrank can deal a fair amount of trade using an auto attack – E – auto attack combo.
R / Ultimate: Static Field
Blitzcrank’s ultimate is a short cooldown magic damage burst Aoe silence. The casting is almost instant so use it to burst down enemies and prevent those who survive from escaping. This skill is amazing on both individual pickoffs and on team fights. It has a relatively short cooldown so use it at every opportunity available. In team fights, prioritize using it against your mobile opponents with blink or dash skills.
When off cooldown, Static Field has a passive component that makes Blitzcrank’s attacks mark enemies. Those with a mark are electrecuted get dealt magic damage.
Early Game Harass/Pickoff: W – Q – E – AA
Mid/Late Game Pickoff 1: W – Q – E – R – AA
Mid/Late Game Pickoff 2: W – E – R – Q – AA
Blitzcrank Build Recommendation
Here are Item Build Recommedation that works on Blitzcrank
Support Steam Golem
This is the standard item build for Blitzcrank which gives you and your team more survivability and utility.
- Zeke’s Convergence – Provides armor, magic resistance, max mana and cooldown reduction which are all stats that Blitzcrank need. Its passive, Harbinger, synergizes with him well because it activates when you use your ultimate, which will be frequent due to Static Field’s relatively short cooldown. Harbinger releases a blizzard which buffs an ally champion’s attack to burn and slow enemies and successfully doing so will make those around Blitzcrank get burned and slowed as well.
- Protector’s Vow – the Protector passive from this item will grant you and a nearby ally a shield and a speed buff when you or your ally get damaged.
- Boots of Swiftness – Increases your roaming capabilities as it is the boots with the biggest bonus movement speed so far. Its sleek passive which grants you 30% slow resistance is highly beneficial for Blitzcrank as it mitigates the slow penalty from overdrive, especially when combined with the Spirit Walker Rune. The Locket Enchant is recommended for Blitz for the active shielding. Glorious Enchant, Protobelt Enchant, and Shadows enchant are all viable options for a more aggressive playstyle.
- Dead Man’s Plate – Synergizes well with Overdrive with its bonus movement speed from the Momentum Passive that converts into Crushing Blow that enhances your basic attack to have a slowing effect when it expends max Momentum.
- Abyssal Mark – The Eternity passive from this item will convert the damage you receive into mana and the mana you expend into HP. It also has the Abyssal passive which makes enemy champion take increased magic damage.
- Randuin’s Omen – Makes you able to tank and soak damage from the enemy’s AD Carries because of the Armored passive which will make you take reduced critical strike damage and Cold Steel passive which reduces the attack speed of those who will attack you.
Hybrid Steam Golem
This item build is for more aggressive Blitzcrank players which could work well if you already have a tank and if you feel that your team comp might lack magic damage.
- Rod of Ages – Grants HP, AP, and mana which increases as time passes by. It also grants the Eternity passive which will convert the damage you receive into mana and the mana you expend into HP.
- Winter’s Approach – Constantly provides a shield when you cast your spells and consume mana. The shield scales with your mana spent.
- Iceborn Gauntlet – Grants the Spellblade passive which enhances your auto attack after using abilities. The enhanced attack deals extra damage and creates an icy field that slows enemies inside it.
- Aftershock – Immobilizing enemy champions grants you extra defense and a burst of damage around you which scales with your armor. You have two crowd control effects so activating this rune consistently is no problem for you.
- Weakness – Another rune that synergizes with your crowd control abilities. This rune makes those you control take 5% more damage from all source of damage.
- Spirit Walker – Grants bonus max HP and slow resistance which you need to counteract the effect of Overdrive.
- Pack Hunter – Increase your movement speed when near an allied champion, which will happen most of the game. Unique takedowns will also grant you and an ally near you 50 gold each.
Ignite is an unusual summoner spell for a support but as you will play aggressively in the early game, you will be using this spell to secure kills. Make sure to cast it early it your combo as to counter the healing form the heal summoner spell by reducing it by 50%.
Flash can be used by Blitzcrank for creative Rocket Grab pickoffs and for escaping when you get too overzealous on chasing the enemy team.
Level up Rocket Grab first so you can interrupt your enemy’s jungler and even grab a level 1 kill. Get Power Fist second to have a followup for Rocket Grab then get a point on Overdrive.
We will max Rocket Grab first to reduce its cooldown and increase its damage. Then we will invest in Overdrive to increase its movement speed bonus. Its better to invest in Overdrive over Power Fist because the knock up duration does not scale.
Invest a point in Static Field whenever possible.
Blitzcrank Early Game Guide
Blitzcrank Late Game Guide
Jinx is a good lane partner with Blitzcrank because her Flame Chompers! in combination with your Rocket Grab is almost always a sure kill. A Zap from Jinx will slow down the enemy enough to land an easy Rocket Grab as well. Her Rocket Launcher also compensates Blitzcrank’s weak wave clear.
You don’t want Alistar as an enemy and as a lane counterpart because he can easily eat your skills and would even love to be hooked. He is so large in size that he could easily protect his teammates from being hooked. And his ultimate makes him outclass you as a tank easily.
Here are some pros and cons if you are playing with Blitzcrank in Wild Rift.
- Amazing pick off potential with Rocket Grab. You are one of the most dangerous champions on level 1, 2 , and 5 due to your skillsets. Blitzcrank is also one if the only support who can impede a Jungler’s farm like crazy in a tilting way.
- Great roaming capabilities with Overdrive.
- Excellent snowballing capability due to his strong early game potential.
- Reliant on Rocket Grab. Blitzcrank is not for you if you are weak or inexperienced on skill shots.
- Sensitive to vision and ward battles. Blitzcrank’s effectiveness drops hard when the enemy team has control of the vision and wards on the map.
- Blitzcrank is outclassed as a tank because he is reliant on his passive for his tankiness and that passive has a fairly long cooldown.
PATCH NOTES 1.0A (11-09-2020)
Blitz is supposed to rely heavily on his hook to make plays, but at this point, he can just run at you even without landing a hook and still solokill your squishies.
Health: 690 -> 650
Health Regen per level: 1.07 -> 0.81
(ULT) STATIC FIELD
Damage: 250/375/500 -> 200/325/450
Silence duration: 1s -> 0.5s