Recommended Lane: Jungle Lane
Within the dark seams of Runeterra, the demon Evelynn searches for her next victim to subject to unspeakable torment, gratifying herself with their pain. Evelynn is an assassin jungler which takes advantage of her invisibility to surprise then burst down her prey.
Enters Demon Shade after not attacking or casting for 4 seconds. Taking damage from enemy champions or turrets puts demon Shade on a 1.5 seconds cooldown.
In Demon Shade, Evelynn regenerates 17 Health (17 + 10% AP) every second when she is below 320 Health.
After level 5, Demon Shade grants her Camouflage.
Unleashes two lines of spikes, dealing 45 magic damage (45 + 50% AP) each to all enemies struck. Can re-cast within 4 seconds.
Curses target champion or monster for 5 seconds. Evelynn’s next attack or ability will expunge the Curse and slow them by 65% for 1.25s.
If the Curse lasts at least 2.5 seconds, expunging it charms the target for 1.25s. If the target is a champion, shreds their Magic Resist by 20% for 4s.
If the target is a monster, deals additional 300 magic damage (300 + 60% AP).
Casting allure does not remove Evelynn from Demon Shade.
Whips a target with Lashers, applying on-hit effects and dealing magic damage equal to 55 plus 3% (3% + 0.015% AP) of their max Health. Then, gain 30% Movement Speed for 2 seconds.
Entering Demon Shade enhances the next cast to pull Evelynn to her target, dealing increased magic damage equal to 75 plus 5% (5% + 0.02% AP) of their max Health to all enemies in the way.
Evelynn briefly goes untargetable and decimates the area in front of her before warping backwards a long distance. Deals 120 magic damage (120 + 75% AP), increased to 250% to enemies below 35% Health.
Innate: Demon Shade
Demon Shade’s Camouflage which Evelynn gets at level 5 is her bread and butter. This allows her to freely gank lanes, only being seen when it is already too late.
The health regeneration from Demon Shade is not to be taken for granted. It allows you to return to farming your jungle monsters right after ganking, even if you were low on health after the gank. It also allows you to have a second take on a failed gank. Your prey might think that you will return home after a failed gank when you are low on health, but a few seconds later, if your ultimate is still available, you can try again. Do this especially if the enemy overextends thinking you have already recalled back to base.
You will be seen by your enemies if you get too close to them even if you do not attack or get damaged. You will be notified by the “!” above Evelynn.
Be patient with Evelynn especially in the late game because the more the fight drags on, the less their AD carries will be careful of you.
Q / Ability 1:Hate Spike
Hate Spike is your main source of DPS for your jungle clearing and ganking. It deals a good deal of AP DPS and it can be cast twice before going on cooldown.
You can stilll auto attack and move while casting Hate Spike, so don’t forget to attack and move while using this ability to increase your overall DPS.
W / Ability 2: Allure
Allure is Evelynn’s crowd control skill which can be pretty tricky for beginners. When you cast Allure, you won’t be revealed but the enemy can see the heart animation above their head, warning them of your presence.
The simplest trick to this is to position yourself on your enemy’s escape route so that the enemy’s only choice is to move towards you or your ally. The best case scenario is when your ally lands their CC on your prey which will result on a sure kill.
Do not overextend yourself trying to pull off a fully charged Allure. Sometimes, it would be better to just let it go and try again. When playing with Evelynn, play it safe rather than die because chances will come by easily again because of your invisibility.
A fully charged Allure deals a lot of damage to jungle monsters and epic monsters which makes it a viable tool for stealing Dragons, Baron, or buffs.
E / Ability 3:Whiplash
Whiplash is Evelynn’s gap closer. When casted while in Demon Shade, it pulls Evelynn towards her victim and increases her movement speed. Also, Whiplash deals increased damage when casted while in Demon Shade.
There’s the catch though that Whiplash’s range is shorter than the detection radius of Demon Shade and can give your enemy a little time to escape or Flash away from you. Mastering the timing between using Allure and Whiplash is key to being a successful ganker with Evelynn.
R / Ultimate: Last Caress
Last Caress deals a large amount of magic damage to a wide area in front of Evelynn. It deals a massive amount to targets below a certain health percentage, effectively executing low HP targets then teleporting you to safety afterwards.
Be patient with using Last Caress and learn the HP limits to its execution. It varies a little bit different for squishies and for tanks who builds magic resist items against you.
There will be times where using it as a wide range nuke is better, though. Because using it to live and escape is way better than dying.
When combined with your W, Allure and your Smite, it is near impossible to lose a Dragon or Baron contest.
Ganking combo: W + E + Q + Auto Attacks + R
Baron/Dragon Steal: (Ward the area) W + Flash + R + Smite
Evelynn Build Recommendation
Here are Item Build Recommedation that works on Evelynn
This is the standard build for Evelynn which focuses on increasing her burst damage to quickly annihilate her opponents.
- Infinity Orb – The inevitable Demise passive of this item will increase the execution damage of your ultimate from x2.5 to x3! It also increases your magic penetration and movement speed which helps with your early game ganks.
- Rabadon’s Deathcap – This item will grant a huge boost to your damage because of your pure AP scaling.
- Boots of Swiftness – This item grants the largest amount of movement speed bonus which will be useful for helping you land your Allure + Whiplash combo. Upgrade with the Statis Enchantment to protect yourself against burst damage. The Glorious Enchant, Protobelt Enchant, and Quicksilver Enchant are also good alternatives.
- Lichbane – This increases your burst damage capabilities by granting the Spellblade passive which imbues your next basic attack bonus magic damage after using an ability.
- Hextech Gunblade – This is another item which will increase your kill potential because of the Hextech Bolt passive which adds bonus damage and slows down the affected enemy.
- Void Staff – Punish those who itemize against you with this item which grants the highest amount of Magic Penetration.
This item build is focused on being more efficient on split pushing and killing enemy tanks.
- Nashor’s Tooth – The Bite passive of this item makes your auto attack deal bonus magic damage. Coupled with the attack speed bonus from this item, towers won’t last a long time. Plus, split pushing will reward you with lone enemies who will try to defend their tower. This is a good strategy when your team is losing.
- Liandry’s Torment – Makes your abilities deal bonus HP% based DPS. This is perfect for shredding down high HP opponents that your team would have a rather hard time dealing with.
- Electrocute – Deal bonus damage when executing combos. This ensures that you can kill off your gank targets swiftly.
- Conqueror – This is your alternative Keystone rune which increase your damage output the longer the fight goes on. This is perfect for Evelynn when going with the DPS build.
- Brutal – Grants bonus AP and magic penetration.
- Spirit Walker – Grants bonus HP and slow resistance which synergizes with your Boots of Swiftness.
- Pathfinder – Increase your movement speed when under bushes, in the jungle, and in the river so you can roam more effectively.
Ignite allows you to finish off champions which you would normally have a hard time killing off. Works especially well against those with high HP regen or Heal summoner spell wielders.
The combination of Flash and your ultimate, Last Caress allows you to pull off dangerous kills under towers without putting yourself under too much danger.
Q, Hate Spikes, is prioritized as it is Evelynn’s main source of damage. W, Allure, is maxed next then E, Whiplash is maxed last because it is HP based damage that scales off of the target’s HP rather than on levels. Get a point in your ultimate, Last Caress when possible.
Evelynn Early Game Guide
Evelynn Late Game Guide
Camille can keep up with your pace, be a distraction for you, and even dive towers with you. She also deals high physical damage which makes it all the more better for you because it makes the enemy think twice about itemizing against you.
Xin Zhao is an early game bully who can kill you early and will definitely outpace you. Try to avoid him and make your team play it safe as much as possible before reaching level 5. Avoid 1v1 duels with him at all stages of the game.
Here are some pros and cons if you are playing with Evelynn in Wild Rift.
- Evelynn has immense map pressure and ganking potential thanks to the invisibility from Demon Shade: Camouflage.
- Great damage per second and burst damage output.
- Amazing at both engaging thanks to her passive, and equally amazing at escaping thanks to her ultimate, Last Caress.
- Weak early game presence. It is hard to keep up with early game gankers like Xin Zhao and Lee Sin.
- She is extremely squishy and will most likely die when she is hit by crowd control.