Recommended Lane: Jungle Lane
Evelynn Wild Rift Champion Build Guide
Within the dark seams of Runeterra, the demon Evelynn searches for her next victim to subject to unspeakable torment, gratifying herself with their pain. Evelynn is an assassin jungler who takes advantage of her invisibility to surprise then burst down her prey.
Enters Demon Shade after not attacking or casting for 4 seconds. Taking damage from enemy champions or turrets puts demon Shade on a 1.5 seconds cooldown.
In Demon Shade, Evelynn regenerates 17 Health (17 + 10% AP) every second when she is below 320 Health.
After level 5, Demon Shade grants her Camouflage.
Unleashes two lines of spikes, dealing 45 magic damage (45 + 50% AP) each to all enemies struck. Can re-cast within 4 seconds.
Curses target champion or monster for 5 seconds. Evelynn’s next attack or ability will expunge the Curse and slow them by 65% for 1.25s.
If the Curse lasts at least 2.5 seconds, expunging it charms the target for 1.25s. If the target is a champion, shreds their Magic Resist by 20% for 4s.
If the target is a monster, deals additional 300 magic damage (300 + 60% AP).
Casting allure does not remove Evelynn from Demon Shade.
Whips a target with Lashers, applying on-hit effects and dealing magic damage equal to 55 plus 3% (3% + 0.015% AP) of their max Health. Then, gain 30% Movement Speed for 2 seconds.
Entering Demon Shade enhances the next cast to pull Evelynn to her target, dealing increased magic damage equal to 75 plus 5% (5% + 0.02% AP) of their max Health to all enemies in the way.
Evelynn briefly goes untargetable and decimates the area in front of her before warping backwards a long distance. Deals 120 magic damage (120 + 75% AP), increased to 250% to enemies below 35% Health.
Innate: Demon Shade
Demon Shade’s Camouflage which Evelynn gets at level 5 is her bread and butter. This allows her to freely gank lanes, only being seen when it is already too late.
The health regeneration from Demon Shade is not to be taken for granted. It allows you to return to farming your jungle monsters right after ganking, even if you were low on health after the gank. It also allows you to have a second take on a failed gank. Your prey might think that you will return home after a failed gank when you are low on health, but a few seconds later, if your ultimate is still available, you can try again. Do this especially if the enemy overextends thinking you have already recalled back to base.
You will be seen by your enemies if you get too close to them even if you do not attack or get damaged. You will be notified by the “!” above Evelynn.
Be patient with Evelynn especially in the late game because the more the fight drags on, the less their AD carries will be careful of you.
Q / Ability 1:Hate Spike
Hate Spike is your main source of DPS for your jungle clearing and ganking. It deals a good deal of AP DPS and it can be cast twice before going on cooldown.
You can still auto attack and move while casting Hate Spike, so don’t forget to attack and move while using this ability to increase your overall DPS.
W / Ability 2: Allure
Allure is Evelynn’s crowd control skill which can be pretty tricky for beginners. When you cast Allure, you won’t be revealed but the enemy can see the heart animation above their head, warning them of your presence.
The simplest trick to this is to position yourself on your enemy’s escape route so that the enemy’s only choice is to move towards you or your ally. The best-case scenario is when your ally lands their CC on your prey which will result in a sure kill.
Do not overextend yourself trying to pull off a fully charged Allure. Sometimes, it would be better to just let it go and try again. When playing with Evelynn, play it safe rather than die because chances will come by easily again because of your invisibility.
A fully charged Allure deals a lot of damage to jungle monsters and epic monsters which makes it a viable tool for stealing Dragons, Baron, or buffs.
E / Ability 3:Whiplash
Whiplash is Evelynn’s gap closer. When cast while in Demon Shade, it pulls Evelynn towards her victim and increases her movement speed. Also, Whiplash deals increased damage when cast while in Demon Shade.
There’s the catch though that Whiplash’s range is shorter than the detection radius of Demon Shade and can give your enemy a little time to escape or Flash away from you. Mastering the timing between using Allure and Whiplash is key to being a successful ganker with Evelynn.
R / Ultimate: Last Caress
Last Caress deals a large amount of magic damage to a wide area in front of Evelynn. It deals a massive amount to targets below a certain health percentage, effectively executing low HP targets then teleporting you to safety afterward.
Be patient with using Last Caress and learn the HP limits to its execution. It varies a little bit different for squishies and for tanks who build magic resist items against you.
There will be times where using it as a wide range nuke is better, though. Because using it to live and escape is way better than dying.
When combined with your Smite, it is near impossible to lose a Dragon or Baron contest.
Ganking combo: W + E + Q + Auto Attacks + R
Baron/Dragon Steal: (Ward the area) Flash + R + Smite
Evelynn Build Recommendation
Here are Item Build Recommedations that works on Evelynn
This is the standard build for Evelynn which focuses on increasing her burst damage to quickly annihilate her opponents.
- Infinity Orb – The Inevitable Demise passive of this item will increase the execution damage of your ultimate from x2.5 to x3! It also increases your magic penetration and movement speed which helps with your early game ganks.
- Boots of Swiftness – This item grants the largest amount of movement speed bonus which will be useful for helping you land your Allure + Whiplash combo. Upgrade with the Statis Enchant to protect yourself against burst damage. The Glorious Enchant, Protobelt Enchant, and Quicksilver Enchant are also good alternatives.
- Rabadon’s Deathcap – This item will grant a huge boost to your damage because of your pure AP scaling.
- Lichbane – This increases your burst damage capabilities by granting the Spellblade passive which imbues your next basic attack bonus magic damage after using an ability.
- Hextech Gunblade – This is another item that will increase your kill potential because of the Hextech Bolt passive which adds bonus damage and slows down the affected enemy.
- Void Staff – Punish those who itemize against you with this item which grants the highest amount of Magic Penetration.
This item build is focused on being more efficient on split pushing and killing enemy tanks.
- Liandry’s Torment – Makes your abilities deal bonus HP% based DPS. This is perfect for shredding down high HP opponents that your team would have a rather hard time dealing with.
- Nashor’s Tooth – The Bite passive of this item makes your auto attack deal bonus magic damage. Coupled with the attack speed bonus from this item, towers won’t last a long time. Plus, split pushing will reward you with lone enemies who will try to defend their tower. This is a good strategy when your team is losing.
- Electrocute – Deal bonus damage when executing combos. This ensures that you can kill off your gank targets swiftly.
- Conqueror – This is your alternative Keystone rune which increases your damage output the longer the fight goes on. This is perfect for Evelynn when going with the DPS build.
- Brutal – Grants bonus AP and magic penetration.
- Adaptive Carapace – Grants a small HP bonus and once you are below 50% health, it provides bonus adaptive resistance based on the type of damage you have taken the most in the past minute.
- Pathfinder – Increase your movement speed when under bushes, in the jungle, and in the river so you can roam more effectively.
Take your Smite every single time you are going to play as the jungler. Your Smite + R, Last Caress combo is the surest way to secure the objective in the game.
Ignite allows you to finish off champions which you would normally have a hard time killing off. Works especially well against those with high HP regen or Heal summoner spell wielders.
The combination of Flash and your ultimate, Last Caress allows you to pull off dangerous kills under towers without putting yourself under too much danger.
Q, Hate Spikes, is prioritized as it is Evelynn’s main source of damage. W, Allure, is maxed next then E, Whiplash is maxed last because it is HP based damage that scales off of the target’s HP rather than on levels. Get a point in your ultimate, Last Caress when possible.
Evelynn Early Game Guide
Evelynn thrives on her easy ganking capabilities thanks to the invisibility her passive provides so it is best for her to rush her farming in the jungle until she reaches level 5. Focus on farming jungle camps and postpone ganking unless the enemy is overextended and can be an easy gank.
Once you reach level 5, you should look for ganking opportunities every time you have your ultimate available. Do not shy away from turret dives since your ultimate, Last Caress has an untargetable window and blinks you to a safe location after using it.
On ganking, always go the long way and run from the backside of the enemies so you can use your W, Allure on them and leave them without anywhere to run away. It is ideal to use your E, Whiplash first to activate its empowered version but if you cannot reach them, activate your charm with your Q, Hate Spikes instead.
Evelynn Late Game Guide
In the middle and late game, you can easily kill off an enemy or two with your combo when you are ahead. Take your time to flank the enemy’s backline and it is best if you let your allies enter the fight first so the chance of you being chain CC’d to death will be reduced.
Always remember to do the Smite + ultimate, Last Caress combo to secure your objectives. No one can currently outsmite you if you do this combo. Do not think twice about doing a Dragon/Baron steal because you will succeed in doing so using this combo almost every time.
Camille can keep up with your pace, be a distraction for you, and even dive towers with you. She also deals high physical damage which makes it all the more better for you because it makes the enemy think twice about itemizing against you.
Ziggs is a push-oriented mid laner who will pressure the enemy to either keep up with your ganks and suffer his pushing or defend against him and make your life easier through isolated ganks. Either way, they are in a lose-lose situation.
Xin Zhao is an early game bully who can kill you early and will definitely outpace you. Try to avoid him and make your team play it safe as much as possible before reaching level 5. Avoid 1v1 duels with him at all stages of the game.
Olaf boasts the fastest clearing speed in the game and he can solo most objectives. If you lose even just one early game duel against him, it’s game over for you. Avoid scuttle fights against him and do not engage with him 1v1. Ask your team to gang up on him before or during taking objectives.
Dr. Mundo has insanely high magic resist and health regeneration. Your team has to have at least two ignites against him and build Grievous Wounds items fast again him. But in the late game, once he stacks up magic resist, he will still be a pain to deal with even with counters against him.
Here are some pros and cons if you are playing with Evelynn in Wild Rift.
- Evelynn has immense map pressure and ganking potential thanks to the invisibility from Demon Shade: Camouflage.
- Great damage per second and burst damage output.
- Amazing at both engaging thanks to her passive, and equally amazing at escaping thanks to her ultimate, Last Caress.
- Weak early game presence. It is hard to keep up with early game gankers like Xin Zhao and Lee Sin.
- She is extremely squishy and will most likely die when she is hit by crowd control.
FAQ's About Evelynn
How good is Evelynn in Wild Rift?
Evelynn is an (Tier S) champion. The invisibility from her passive currently has no hard counters so she emits pressure all game long and her ganks are extremely dangerous. Champions who are careless will easily fall for her charms.
What role / lane should I play with Evelynn in Wild Rift?
Evelynn is mainly played as an assassin jungler but she can also be played in the Middle lane and the Baron lane.
What abilities do I level up with Evelynn?
Q, Hate Spikes, is prioritized as it is Evelynn’s main source of damage. W, Allure, is maxed next then E, Whiplash is maxed last because it is HP based damage that scales off of the target’s HP rather than on levels.
What items should I build with Evelynn?
Evelynn’s core items are Infinity Edge which increases her damage output against low HP targets, effectively increasing her execution potential and Rabadon’s Deathcap which grants a huge amount of AP so she can burst down every single enemy in her path.
What Runes should I use when playing as Evelynn?
Electrocute deals bonus damage when executing combos. This ensures that you can kill off your gank targets swiftly. Alternatively, she can build Conqueror which increase your damage output the longer the fight goes on. Her other runes are Brutal, Spirit Walker, and Pathfinder.
Any tips so I can land my W, Allure charms better?
Landing your W, Allure charms are easier if you are coming from behind. The lack of invisibility detection in this game makes this easier, you just have to be a little more patient with it.