Recommended Lane: Jungle Lane
Armed with his favored three-talon spear, Xin Zhao fights for his liberators, audaciously challenging any foe, no matter the odds. Xin Zhao is an early game jungler which takes advantages of his strong early game to bully the enemy team into snowballing the game to win it fast and early.
Every third attack deals an additional 16 physical damage (22% AD) and heals for 17 (10 + 10% AD + 40% AP).
Empowers the next three attacks to deal an additional 25 physical damage (25 + 40% AD) and reduce the cooldown of other abilities by 1 second.
The third attack knocks the target up for 0.75 seconds.
Slashes his spear, dealing 61 physical damage (40 + 30% AD) and slowing by 50% for 1.5 seconds. Xin Zhao then thrusts his spear, dealing 96 physical damage (40 + 80% AD) and slowing by 50% for 1.5 seconds.
Attack Speed reduces cast time.
Deals 50% damage to minions.
Dashes to an enemy, dealing 50 magic damage (50 + 60% AP) to all nearby enemies and slowing them by 30% for 0.5 second. Xin Zhao gains 40% Attack Speed for 5 second.
Sweeps his spear, dealing physical damage equal to 75 (75 + 100% bonus AD) plus 15% of enemies’ maximum Health and knocking them back, Xin Zhao blocks damage from enemies far away for 3 seconds, extended by 0.3 second for every attack and ability.
The enemy most recently hit by Xin Zhao’s attacks or Audacious Charge is not knocked back.
Deals 600 max damage against monsters.
Determination makes your jungle clear extremely fast and it makes you deal so much damage. Plus, it heals you every time it procs. It also works on towers and even on wards.
Q / Ability 1: Three Talon Strike
Three Talon Strike empowers Xin Zhao’s next 3 auto attacks to deal bonus physical damage. The third auto attack knocks up the target. The three attacks also reduces all his other ability’s cooldown by 1 second each.
Three Talon Strike is also an auto attack reset so squeeze in an auto attack before casting this ability for the additional damage.
A trick using this ability is to use the first two attacks on jungle monsters or minions before engaging on the enemy to surprise them with the instant knock up.
W / Ability 2: Wind Becomes Lightning
Wind Becomes Lighting is Xin Zhao’s burst damage ability and it slows affected targets as well.
Wind Becomes Lighting is great when paired with the knock up from Three Talon Strike because it ensures that both attacks will hit the enemy.
E / Ability 3: Audacious Charge
Audacious Charge is a targeted dash that deals magic damage to the target and nearby enemies. It also slows the target for a short duration and grants Xin Zhao bonus attack speed.
Audacious Charge can only be used on opponents but it can still be used for escaping by targeting minions or jungle monsters. Xin Zhao can cross walls using this ability.
R / Ultimate: Crescent Guard
Crescent Guard deals burst physical damage based on their maximum HP to everyone around him and knocks them back except for the enemy most recently attacked by Xin Zhao or hit by his E, Audacious Charge.
After the knock back, a ring appears around Xin Zhao. Those outside the ring won’t be able to damage Xin Zhao. The ring moves together with Xin Zhao.
You can do an insec style play (knocking back an enemy to your team) by casting Crescent Guard behind the enemy. You can pull this off using your E, Audacious Charge and Flash. Of course, a little practice is a must. And do not forget, do not push enemy tanks into your team.
Simple: E + Q + W +R
Standard combo 1 (immobile opponents): E + W + AA+ Q + AA (auto attack) + AA + AA + W
Standard combo 2 (mobile opponents): E + Q + AA + AA + AA + W
All-in: E + R + W + AA + Q + AA + AA + W + AA
Insec: E + Flash + R + W
Xin Zhao Build Recommendation
Here are Item Build Recommedation that works on Xin Zhao
This is going to be our standard build on Xin Zhao which makes him a strong early game ganker and a potent assassin throughout the game.
- Youmuu’s Ghostblade – This is an amazing first item on Xin Zhao because the Armor Penetration this gives increases his ganking potential by a lot. Addtionally, the Momentum passive grants him bonus damage and movement speed and attack speed.
- Trinity Force – A great all around item which provides a lot of stat bonuses. The Spellblade passive from this item greatly increases his damage output. He can kill enemies with just one combo after completing this item.
- Boots of Swiftness – This item grants the highest movement speed bonus right now and will help you snowball faster. Upgrade with the Stasis Enchant for outplaying high burst damage opponents or upgrade with the Glorious Enchant to run down opponents.
- Guardian Angel – The resurrect passive from this item allows you to be more of a risk taker when it is available. It will also make your enemies think twice about using their skills just to proc the resurrect passive.
- Sterak’s Gage – Increases your base damage by a huge amount and grants a lot of health as well as the lifeline passive which gives you a shield when your health dip below a certain percentage.
- Death’s Dance – This item increases both your offensive and defensive capabilities. Its Cauterize passive allows more room against burst damage because it converts it into DPS.
If you ever decide to play Xin Zhao in the top lane, a bruiser build which balances offense and defense is recommended.
- Black Cleaver – Provides an ample amount of HP and makes your physical damage reduce the armor of your opponents.
- Dead Man’s Plate – Increases your defenses and movement speed while slowing down the enemy with the Crushing Blow passive.
- Randuin’s Omen – reduces the damage output of auto attack carries by reducing their attack speed and critical damage output.
- Conqueror – This is the best Keystone rune for Xin Zhao because his multiple instances of damage in a short duration will make you reach the maximum possible bonus damage that Conqueror can give.
- Triumph – Heals you on takedowns and damage is increased against low HP targets. Brutal is a good alternative because it grants bonus AD and armor penetration.
- Hunter – Titan – Grants bonus HP and tenacity (crowd control resistance) on takedowns. Spirit Walker is better as a top laner because it grants a flat HP bonus and slow resistance.
- Pathfinder – Increases your movement speed in the jungle, bushes, and river when out of battle which increases your ganking potential. Sweet Tooth is a good alternative for top laners for the bonus healing and gold from eating the Honeyfruits.
Smite is a must for junglers as it is impossible to clear jungle camps without it. Upgrade into the Blue Smite because you are already strong in the early game and the slow effect from it will help secure ganks.
Flash is a versatile summoner spell which you can use for all kinds of offensive and defensive situations.
Ignite is a useful spell when playing as a top laner because you are a dueling champion who always want to be on fights.
The first point will go to E, Audacious Charge because of the increaased attack speed to help you clear your jungle. After getting all abilities. We are going to max W, Wind becomes Lightning because it has the best base damage scaling then E, Audacious Charge next for the increased attack speed. We are going to max Q, Three Talon Strike because it scales better with your damage than its ability level. Get a point of Crescent Guard whenever possible.
Xin Zhao Early Game Guide
Xin Zhao Late Game Guide
Ashe needs a lot of protection and babysitting in the early game. But when she gets her items, she becomes a force to reckoned with. With Xin Zhao’s early game presence, Ashe can farm with peace of mind and carry the game later with Xin Zhao at the front while Ashe hits freely behind him.
Olaf is the sleeper jungler this open beta. He is not as popular as Xin Zhao but he can snowball just as fast if not as hard as Xin Zhao. Xin Zhao might have a little more burst damage but Olaf can last longer and has better sustain than him. If Xin Zhao loses even just one early game jungle contest against Olaf, it’s game over for him. The only thing that Xin Zhao has over Olaf is that his ultimate grants him a stronger team fight presence. Avoid 1v1s against Olaf as much as possible.
Here are some pros and cons if you are playing with Xin Zhao in Wild Rift.
- Xin Zhao has great early game presence, amazing gank potential and fast jungle clear.
- Because of the reason above, Xin Zhao can snowball easily and he can stay relevant throughout the game.
- Strong assassination capability with his combo and good team fight presence as well with Crescent Guard.
- Xin Zhao is dependent on his early game ganking. If he fails his ganks, it might as well be game over especially now that he is nerfed.
- Can be nuked and specially vulnerable when his ultimate is in cooldown.
PATCH NOTES 1.0A (11-09-2020)
Xin Zhao’s full combo is sweeping foes off the map, and teammates can’t even touch him if he has his ultimate on. We’re nerfing his most important stat, Attack Damage, while also making him much squishier.
Attack Damage: 70 → 64
Health per level: 115 → 105
Armor per level: 4.3 → 3.9
Magic Resist: 38 → 30
(3) AUDACIOUS CHARGE
Cast range: 6 → 5.5
(ULT) CRESCENT GUARD
Cooldown: 80/70/60s → 100/85/70s