Recommended Lane: Baron Lane
Teemo is a Brandle Scout yordle with boundless enthusiasm and a cheerful spirit. Don’t be fooled by his cute appearance because he and his conviction is nothing to be trifled with. Teemo is the first specialist to be introduced into Wild Rift. He does not fall into a certain category because of his unique kit which is centered on his ultimate, Noxious Trap which allows him to lay invisible mushroom bombs across the map. Learn more about Runeterra’s Devil and his little tricks in his guide!
Attacks deal 8 bonus magic damage on impact and additional 7 magic damage (7 + 8% AP) over 4 seconds.
Deals 70 magic damage (70 + 60% AP) and blinds the target for 1.25 seconds.
Attacks from blinded enemies will miss their target, dealing no damage and failing to apply on-hit effects.
Passive: Grants 10% Movement Speed if an enemy champion or structure has not damaged Teemo within the last 5 seconds.
Active: Rolls a short distance forward and sprints for 3 seconds. During this time, Move Quick’s bonus is doubled and cannot be removed by damage.
After a delay, become Camouflaged. Moving outside of brush for more than 3 seconds ends this effect.
After exiting Camouflage, gain 30% Attack Speed for 3 seconds.
Camouflage: Hide from champions by keeping them out of Teemo’s detection radius. Enemy turrets reveal camouflaged units near them. Attacks and offensive abilities end Camouflage early.
Tosses a stored mushroom as a trap that detonates if an enemy steps on it, dealing 100 magic damage (100 + 30% AP) and creating a poisonous puddle that deals 150 magic damage (150 + 45% AP) over 3 seconds. Enemies within the puddle are also slowed by 40%.
Traps last 2 minutes and take 1 second(s) to arm and stealth. Up to 3 traps can be held at once. If a thrown trap lands on another trap, it will bounce up to 3 Teemos further before planting.
Innate Passive: Toxic Shot
Toxic Shot adds additional magic damage on Teemo’s auto attacks. It deals magic damage on impact and it deals a small amount of DPS over four seconds afterwards.
Toxic Shot does not deal that much damage and it is easily countered by high sustain champion like Garen or Dr. Mundo or healing Keystone Runes like Fleet Footwork and Grasp of the Undying.
But the best thing about this passive is that it easily applies the effects of Liandry’s Torment. After obtaining Liandry’s Torment, you’ll be able to melt down tanks easily with just your auto attacks.
Combining the effect of Liandry’s Torment, Toxic Shot, and Ignite can easily kill off low HP enemies.
Runaan’s Hurricane is a great item to spread the effects of Toxic Shot.
Toxic Shot’s DPS makes it easy for Teemo to proc the effect of Grasp of the Undying so he can stock up a good amount of bonus HP in the early game.
In the same manner, Aery is a good Keystone Rune for Teemo because one auto attack can proc its effect twice if Teemo is close enough to the enemy.
Q | Ability 1: Blinding Dart
Blinding Dart is Teemo’s harassment tool in the laning phase. This deals a good amount of damage and causes the enemy’s attacks to miss and fail to apply on-hit effects.
Proper use of Blinding Dart will cause enemies to tilt. In the laning phase? Tilt your enemy by casting Blinding Dart as soon as they go for the last hit on the Cannon minion. If they are no Cannon minion in the wave, do this for melee minions. After a successful Cannon deny, don’t forget to use your emotes to further increase the psychological damage on your enemy.
Blinding Dart is a great way to disable the DPS of the enemy’s ADC but its ability to disable the application of on-hit effects works wonders as well. Especially if the enemy’s on -hit effect is an important part of their kit like on Twisted Fate and his W, Pick a Card.
Blinding Dart refreshes the auto attack timer of Teemo so always go for the auto attack – Blinding Dart – auto attack combo in the laning phase. This combo is an easy way to proc Electrocute if its your equipped rune.
W | Ability 2: Move Quick
Move Quick is Teemo’s mobility ability. It allows him to tumble a short distance and grants him double the passive movement speed bonus for a short duration.
Passively, it grants him bonus movement speed when he has taken no damage in the last five seconds.
Move Quick allows Teemo to roam the other lanes and help on objectives without needing the Teleport Enchant.
The active portion of Move Quick resets the auto attack of Teemo so you can use it to deal 2 consecutive attacks on the enemy while moving either:
- Towards the enemy for more attack opportunities. Tumble diagonally so you’ll still maintain your distance for kiting the enemy.
- To the side to evade enemy counterattacks or skill shots.
- Retreat backwards to safety.
Emote to tilt the enemy after a successful evasion.
E | Ability 3: Guerrilla Warfare
Guerrilla Warfare camouflages Teemo for a short duration. The duration of the camouflage pauses when he is inside a brush. Once the camouflage breaks, he gains bonus attack speed.
Guerrilla Warfare is an amazing tool to harass, tilt, and gank opponents.
To harass your opponent in lane with Guerrilla Warfare, go inside a brush then activate Guerilla Warfare. Walk up to the enemy then to the auto attack – Q, Blinding Dart – auto attack combo. Time the combo before the enemy tries to last hit the Cannon minion for maximum effect. As usual, emote to tilt the enemy.
Another great use of Guerrilla Warfare is to outplay chasing enemies. This is best done in the jungle and while low on HP but it can also work anywhere else:
- Place your ultimate, Noxious Trap to the direction you are running towards.
- Activate Move Quick to gain distance.
- Once you are far enough, activate Guerrilla Warfare, preferably while inside a brush.
- Place another Noxious Trap near you.
- Wait for the enemy if the chasing enemy is alone. Escape if there are many pursuers.
- If you waited for the enemy, do your auto attack – Q, Blinding Dart – auto attack combo once the enemy is hit by the second Noxious Trap.
Guerrilla Warfare’s camouflage does not break when you cast your abilities, use Summoner Spells, or activate items. But, your silhouette is shown once an enemy is near and after a short while, the camouflage will break. Attacking will also break the camouflage.
If you are trying to gank other lanes, simply activate Guerrilla Warfare before reaching the warding hotspots or activate your Oracle Lenses before reaching the hotspots then activate your Guerrilla Warfare while inside the brush while waiting for a good opportunity to surprise your target.
R | Ultimate: Noxious Trap
Noxious Trap allows Teemo to drop poisonous mushrooms all around the map. The mushrooms becomes invisible after a second and enemies who walk into the trap are dealt magic damage. The exploded mushroom then releases a toxic area which slows and deals magic damage over time.
There are a few ways to utilize the Noxious Trap.
- Map Control – To cover the map for vision, protection, damage, and nuisance.
The most common way of using Noxious Trap is to cover brushes and common pathways for vision and as a first line of defense against ganks.
Here are some examples of defensive mushroom placement:
Noxious Traps when used for map control works more effectively when scattered in a certain area but the problem with this is that the mushrooms only last two minutes. Luckily you can store up to 3/4/5 mushrooms depending on your ultimate’s level. Depending on the game’s progress, you will want to store some mushrooms so you’ll be able to displace multiple traps in a short duration. Although, it is important to remember to not sit with the maximum amount of traps for a long duration.
You’ll want to store traps if you are going to take Drakes, Rift Herald, Baron Nashor and if you are trying to siege their turrets.
If you want to have the maximum traps for taking objectives, stop throwing mushrooms 1 minute and 30 seconds (1:30) before the objective spawns.
Here is a map with most of the possible trap location for map control:
The image is made by Sovereign Kitten from mobafire.com
- Lane Management – Protect your tower and shove lanes.
You can protect your turret and go to your teammates using this technique if you are playing in the Baron lane. Before the Drake spawns, line up your mushrooms right where the minions passes. This will allow you to roam while securing your turret’s health. This is important to do in the very first Drake spawn when no one has the Teleport enchant first.
On the last wave 10-20 seconds before the Drake spawns, use one mushroom to quickly clear the minions. You can also do this if you want to recall to buy items. Do not make using your mushrooms to flash farm the minions during the laning phase a habit because maintaining a freeze is more important in most cases.
Another important use of Noxious Trap during the laning phase is spamming it near your turret when against champions with strong tower diving capabilities like Olaf, Kennen, and Lee Sin. The traps will save your life and even turn around the dive attempt into your favor.
- Active offensive and defensive usage.
Noxious Trap can be used reactively for offensive and defensive purposes. For example, if you are against diving champions like Lee Sin, Vi, or Wukong, it is important to always store at least one mushroom so you can use it to slow down enemies that will try to dive you.
You can either drop it right on your location by pressing it then use your Q, Blinding Dart while waiting for it to activate before running away or you can put it towards the direction you are running to.
In the middle of a clash, you can simply spam your Noxious Trap because it’s hard to notice it and evade in the middle of fights. It’s also a great follow up to crowd control.
Take advantage of the bounces when you have multiple traps available by making it bounce towards the enemies. This is especially effective when the enemy has taken control of the Dragon Pit or Baron Nashor’s pit.
Teemo Build Recommendation
Here are Item Build Recommedation that works on Teemo
The Swift Scout
This is the standard build of Teemo. He’s more suited as a utility champion who can deal consistent damage and debuffs because he has terrible AP scaling right now.
- Liandry’s Torment is the best core item on Teemo right now because he can easily proc the Torment burn passive through his auto attacks. With this item he can easily burn away his matchup which are usually high HP champions.
- Mercury’s Treads or Ninja Tabis are Teemo’s usual boots option to offset his squishiness. His enchantment upgrades are mostly dependent on the matchups and team needs. For example, you’ll want to use the Stasis Enchant if you are against Fizz, Vi, or Zed. If you are against a team fight oriented champions like Gragas or Orianna, you may want to buy the Locket Enchant as a buffer against their AoE damage against your team.
- Nashor’s Tooth adds bonus magic damage to your attacks and its bonus attack speed, along with the bonus attack speed from your E, Guerrilla Warfare works well together.
- Rylai’s Crystal Scepter adds a slowing effect to your abilities which make your ultimate, Noxious Trap‘s slow even more potent and scary. Unfortunately, it does not work with your passive and you’ll need to cast your Q, Blinding Dart to slow enemies on demand.
- Infinity Orb increases your damage on low HP targets and the great thing about this effect is that it works with your passive’s and Noxious Trap’s damage over time.
- Morellonomicon is the final nail for your enemies because it applies Grievous Wounds to all your ability damage so your enemies will be healing less as long as you damage them.
This item build turns Teemo into an on-hit ADC that deals both physical and magic damage.
- Blade of the Ruined King adds bonus damage based on the enemy’s HP and three consecutive attacks or abilities will steal the enemy’s movement speed which will allow you to kite your target better.
- Runaan’s Hurricane Wind’s Fury passive spread your auto attacks to deal 40% of your attack damage and 100% of the on-hit effects you deal which is significant because you carry four on-hit effects, Toxic Shot, Ruined Strikes, Bite, and by extension, Torment.
- Rapid Firecannon is a great luxury item because the bonus range can mean life or death in late game situations.
- Grasp of the Undying is a great Keystone Rune for Teemo because his Toxic Shot keeps the its counter going and you’ll need simply get a hit once in a while to stock up the bonus HP and offset some of the squishiness of Teemo. Aery is an amazing rune for constantly harassing the enemy. You can even proc Aery twice with just one auto attack if you are close enough to the enemy.
- Brutal increases your damage and penetration.
- Regeneration helps manage Teemo’s HP and mana in the early game.
- Sweet Tooth increases your income and helps in tough lanes.
Ignite is the best spell for Teemo for the added damage over time to secure kills. With just Liandry’s Torment, you’ll be able to kill champions with below 50% HP with one auto attack – Q, Blinding Dart – auto attack – Ignite combo.
Teemo is vulnerable to burst damage combos so Flash is a big help as a line of defense against those who want to combo you to death.
Q, Blinding Dart is maxed first as it is your main source of burst damage and harass during the laning phase. E, Guerrilla Warfare is maxed next for the bonus attack speed scaling for the mid game. and E, Move Quick is maxed last because it is simply a utility tool. Get a point in your ultimate whenever possible.
Teemo Early Game Guide
Teemo is a lane bully who excels in tilting his opponents all through out the game.
In the early game, you’ll begin by tilting the enemy through your constant auto attack pokes and by using your Q, Blinding Dart to damage the enemy laner and more importantly, make them miss their last hits.
Try to abuse your E, Guerilla Warfare to ambush the enemy laner from the brushes so you can land your auto attack – Q, Blinding Dart – auto attack combo.
Save your W, Move Quick for escaping unless you are aware of the position of the enemy’s jungler. If you are caught out of position, you’ll easily die when ganked.
Once you reach level 5, drop your ward if available then switch to Oracle Lens as your ultimate, Noxious Trap will provide you enough vision.
Remember to be obnoxious as possible to throw your enemies off their game.
But remember that this is just a game so be annoying but not toxic. Do emotes and recall taunts but stay away from using vulgar and below the belt chats.
Use your mushrooms strategically. Do not spam your ultimate blindly because they don’t last that long. If an objective is about to appear, throw some near your tower to protect it and keep some mushrooms for the upcoming clash.
Teemo Late Game Guide
In the late game, focus on dropping your mushrooms around objectives.
If you are trying to siege a turret, place it on the jungle near the turret so you won’t get flanked. Place some mushrooms on your escape route as well.
Your Q, Blind Dart can play a great part on clashes by targeting the enemy ADC. Focus that ability on their auto attacker unless you want to burst someone down to death.
Stay behind your allies as you are extremely squishy and only try to flank using your E, Guerilla Warfare if you are sure you can freely hit the enemy without being focused yourself.
When a long clash is happening, try to drop mushrooms in the thick of the fight as it is not easily noticeable and hard to dodge in a messy engagement.
Shyvana is a great team fighting jungler which alleviates one of your cons which is a weak team fighter. You are able to support Shyvana through controlling the Dragon Pit through your Noxious Traps.
Wukong is another jungler who has great team fighting presence and he is a great ganker. Wukong’s Warrior Trickster piles up to the mental strain to playing against Teemo as well.
Kennen can be played in the middle lane to make up for Teemo’s lack of team fighting presence. His ultimate can stun multiple opponents and Teemo can follow it up with his Noxious Traps.
Olaf can farm safely without being poke using his Q, Undertow. Once he reaches level 5, try to dodge his axes because if you are hit even just once, he can pop his ultimate and kill you.
Gragas is another champion who can farm safely using his abilities and his passive, Happy Hour helps him survive against your harass. Build Morellonomicon against him and watch out for his E, Body Slam + Flash combo because if you are hit by it, he can simply all in you and you’ll have no chance to fight back.
Zed is a nightmare to fight when playing as Teemo. You are an easy pickoff so he’ll probably try to kill you again and again. Rush Stasis Enchant after your first core item.
Here are some pros and cons if you are playing with Teemo in Wild Rift.
- Teemo is a specialist. He is played differently than every other champion so he is a breath of fresh air. His kit is extremely fun and satisfying to play.
- He is a lane bully. He has usually an easy laning phase so if you are struggling in the Baron lane playing melee champions, Teemo can be a good back up champion if you have to fill in that role.
- Teemo is one of the few champions who has immense psychological impact on enemy players. The more you are having success in your game, the more you will see that the enemy will become sloppy as they become tilted. This stems from the utilty he provides through his Q, Blinding Dart and his ultimate, Noxious Trap.
- Teemo is not a great team fight champion. If you pick him, your team has to have a composition which can fight 4v5.
- He has low AP scaling so you’ll have to rely on item and ability effects to contribute to your team if you are not snowballing.
- Teemo is vulnerable to crowd control and burst damage. Plus, just because of how annoying you are, you will always be focused by the enemy team.
FAQ's About Teemo
How good is Teemo in Wild Rift?
Teemo is a B tier champion. He is not currently not played that much in higher tiers unless as a counter pick. He is a viable pick on lower tiers and he is extremely fun to play.
What role / lane should I play with Teemo in Wild Rift?
Teemo is traditionally played in the Baron lane as a counter to melee bully champions but he can also be played in the middle lane or as a support.
What abilities do I level up with Teemo?
Q, Blinding Dart is maxed first as it is your main source of burst damage and harass during the laning phase then E, Guerrilla Warfare is maxed next for the bonus attack speed scaling for the mid game.
What items should I build with Teemo?
Liandry’s Torment is Teemo’s core item as his auto attacks triggers his passive Toxic Shot which in turn activates Liandry’s Torment burn damage. Nashor’s Tooth is another great item on Teemo as it synergizes with the bonus attack speed of his E, Guerilla Warfare.
What Runes should I use when playing as Fizz?
Teemo can use a wide variety of runes and the most popular Keystone runes on him are Grasp of the Undying which deals bonus damage to your auto attacks, heals you, and adds bonus health for each activation. Aery is a great rune as well as it augments Teemo’s strong poke and it can even activate twice on a single auto attack.
Why can't I make enemies land on my mushroom traps?
You have to be aware of where players usually walk to. Another thing is that you should tilt and taunt your enemies so you can lead them to your traps. Prepare your traps on places where you know there will be a fight like near the Dragon Pit when the dragon arrives.