Recommended Lane: Jungle Lane
Master Yi has tempered his body and sharpened his mind, so that thought and action have become almost as one.The grace and speed of his blade ensures resolution is always swift. Master Yi is a beginner friendly Assassin / Fighter which can deal insane amounts of DPS.
Every 4th consecutive attack strikes twice for 78 physical damage (150% AD).
Becomes untargetable and strikes up to 4 enemies for 77 physical daamge (25 + 100% AD).
Attacks reduce the cooldown of Alpha Strike by 1 second.
Deals 75 bonus damage to monsters.
Can critically strike.
Channels for up to 4 seconds. Gaining 55% damage reduction and healing for 40 (40 + 25% AP) each second.
Heal is increased the lower Master Yi’s Health is, up to 100%.
Passive: Gains 6 AD (10% AD) while Wuju style is off cooldown.
Active: Attacks deal 18 bonus true damage (18 + 25% AD) for 5 seconds.
Passive: Takedowns reduce Master Yi’s basic ability cooldowns by 70%.
Active: Becomes immune to slows, gains 25% Movement Speed and 30% Attack Speed for 7 seconds. Takedowns extend the duration by 7 seconds.
Innate: Double Strike
His passive makes Master Yi, like its name, strike twice every couple attacks. The second strike deals reduced damage but still apply on-hit effects. The second strike also proccs the counter of Double Strike so it will actually take one less attack to procc it after the first time.
Q / Ability 1: Alpha Strike
Alpha Strike is Master Yi’s nuke, wave clear, and gap closer. Master Yi will blink to the target and strike nearby enemies.
When casted, Master Yi disapppears from the map which means that you can use this skill to dodge certain skill shots.
You can use Alpha Strike to get close to your enemy. But there are situations which you should rather save your Alpha Strike run up to your enemy with your ultimate, Highlander so you can use your gap closer to get near your target after they used their flash or blink skills.
Alpha Strike’s cooldown is reduced by1 second for each auto attack Master Yi lands and it is further reduced by 70% when you take down enemy champions due to the Highlander’s passive.
W / Ability 2: Meditate
Meditate is a channeling spell which will grant you damage reduction and health regeneration which increases based on your missing health.
Use Meditate to heal in between jungle camps and to absorb strong damaging abilities you cannot avoid with your Alpha Strike.
Meditate is also an auto attack reset which when timed properly, can make you land 4 auto attacks in very quick succession.
E / Ability 3: Wuju Style
Wuju Style enhances Master Yi’s auto attack to deal additional true damage based on his AD.
When Wuju Style is available, it grants a passive bonus attack damage that is disabled while Wuju Style is on cooldown.
Activate Wuju Style before casting Alpha Strike to increase your damage output.
R / Ultimate: Highlander
Highlander increases Master Yi’s DPS and movement speed by a significant amount. It also grants Master Yi slow immunity which makes you able to run down your enemies.
Activate it as you head into your ganks, in clashes, and when taking objectives.
Highlander also grants the passive effect of reducing your cooldowns by 70% for every takedown.
All-in Skill Combo: R – E – Q – AA -AA – AA – W – AA – Q
Master Yi Build Recommendation
Here are Item Build Recommedation that works on Master Yi
This is the standard build for Jungle Yi which prioritizes Blade of the Ruined King and Statikk Shiv for its passives which aids on ganks and small skirmishes.
- Blade of the Ruined King – Increases your attack damage and attack speed. It’s passive Ruined Strike which deals bonus physical damage on each hit based on the enemy’s current HP synergizes well with your Double Strike. The Drain passive which steals your target’s Movement Speed immensely help with your ganks as well.
- Statikk Shiv – Grants crit rate and attack speed to boost your DPS and the Energized passive which makes your next attack deal bonus AoE magic damage when you gathered max Energy stacks by moving and attacking.
- Gluttonous Grieves – Provides additional omnivamp to increase your sustain in fights. It is recommended to get the Quicksilver enchant to have the Quicksilver active which dispels crowd control effects. The Teleport enchant is a viable choice as well so you can split push better.
- Infinity Edge – Increases your critical strike damage.
- Frozen Mallet – Increases your HP and grants the Icy passive which makes your auto attacks slow enemies, making it way harder to escape your advances.
- Guardian Angel – Grants you the resurrect passive which restores your health and mana upon taking lethal damage every once in a while.
This fighter build allows you to dish and receive more damage than the usual jungle build.
- Phantom Dancer – Grants similar stats to Statikk Shiv but its passive is a defensive one which grants you a shield when your HP drops below a certain % which is useful to outplay your enemy on 1v1 duels.
- Bloodthirster – Provides a lot of physical vamp and overhealing will convert the life stolen into a shield.
- Conqueror – grants you bonus AD for every attack. Since you are a DPS machine, this benefits you more the fight drags on.
- Brutal – Grants you additional AD and penetration for your attacks to hurt more.
- Hunter – Titan – Gives you additional health and tenacity for every unique takedown you make. If you are fighting a CC heavy team, this rune and Mercury’s Threads is a great combination.
- Hunter – Genius – Provides additional cooldown reduction for each unique takedown.
- Hunter – Vampirism – Each takedown grants additional AD and physical vamp. Scaling you to a lategame vampiric monster in combination with Blade of the Ruined King and Bloodthirster.
- Regeneration – Regen missing HP or mana depending on whichever percentage is lower. Helps during the laning phase.
- Sweet Tooth – Increase Honeyfruit healing and makes it give you bonus gold. The bonus gold accumulates to help you gain your item faster.
It will be impossible to jungle without the Smite tactic which grants the effects of Hunter’s Machete automatically. It helps you hunt and secure Epic Monsters as well. Upgrade it to Challenging Smite to gain an additional edge on duels or upgrade it to Chilling Smite to secure your kills on fleeing enemies. It is up to preference.
The versatility of Flash for both offensive and defensive situations makes it valuable enough to get it every single game on him. Use it to close the gap or escape difficult situations when your ultimate ends.
We are going to max Q, Alpha Strike first to lower its cooldown and increase its base damage. Getting E. Wuju Style next because it scales with your AD and you will get your Infinity Edge which will spike your AD in the mid game. We will make W, Meditate last as its damage reduction is a constant 60% throughout the levels which is the biggest outplay factor in that skill.
Master Yi requires a lot of farming in the early game to be effective. Because of this, Master Yi’s team might feel lacking in the ganking area. Having a strong mid ganker like Fizz (or Zed or Akali) needs to make up for the weak early game impact of Master Yi.
Vi has a strong early game presence, 2 crowd control spells, and consistent damage from the early game into the late game. If you fail to dodge her Q, Vault Breaker, you’d be most likely dead as it would be hard for you to survive her full combo.
Here are some pros and cons if you are playing with Master Yi in Wild Rift.
- Master Yi is one of the easiest champion to play, mechanics wise. You just need to farm and when you have an adequate gold lead, you will kill anyone easily.
- Master Yi has one of the strongest late game auto attack DPS in the game. He can literally 1v5 a team in the late game given the right scenario.
- Extremely farm dependent. It is necessary to balance between farming and ganking. Farm all game and your teammates are left to fight the game 4v5. Gank too much and you’ll be left behind on net worth and be useless in the late game.
- Extremely squishy and crowd control vulnerable which is why learning when to time your Alpha Strike and Meditate is important and it is what separates a Yi who is still learning from a “Master”.