Recommended Lane: Baron
Kayle’s attacks are empowered by the heavens as she levels up and spends skill points. Her wings are lit aflame as she progressively gains Attack Speed, Movement Speed, Attack Range, and waves of fire on her attacks.
Kayle conjures a portal, summoning a celestial sword that pierces through enemies, slowing, damaging, and reducing the resistances of all hit.
Blessed by the divine, Kayle heals and grants movement speed to herself and the nearest ally.
Passive: Kayle’s celestial sword, Virtue, deals bonus magic damage to enemies she attacks.
Active: Kayle’s next attack smites her target with celestial fire, dealing bonus damage proportionate to their missing health.
Kayle makes an ally invulnerable and calls upon former Aspects of Justice to purify the area around her target with a holy rain of swords.
Innate Passive: Divine Ascent
Kayle gains additional passive effects as she levels up. She gains another passive effect at levels 1, 5, 10, and 15.
At level 1, she gains additional attack speed for each attack, stacking up to five times and gaining bonus movement speed at max stacks. It is important to stack up before fights, especially once she gets the level 10 effect.
At level 5, she gains bonus attack range. Before this upgrade, Kayle is most vulnerable because she is a melee champion with ranged stats, hp and resistances. Some of the pressure is relieved once she gets her range and ultimate.
At level 10, her auto attacks will now deal AoE damage at max passive stacks, dealing the passive damage of Starfire Spellblade. She becomes a team fight monster once she gains this effect, reinforcing the need to stack up before fights.
At level 15, she gains 50 more attack range and the max stack passives becomes permanent, removing the need to stack up before fights.
Q | 1st Ability: Radiant Blast
Radiant Blast is a range poke ability that is great for securing last hits safely in the early game.
In the later stages of the game, its damage is its least useful feature. It also slows enemies and reduces their armor and magic resist, making them vulnerable to Kayle’s flurry of attacks.
Radiant Blast has a small projectile but once it hits it expands into a small cross, also hitting enemies around the initial target.
W | 2nd Ability: Celestial Blessing
Celestial Blessing is a support ability that heals Kayle and a nearby ally and grants it a short burst of movement speed.
If Kayle targets herself, the closest ally is healed and if Kayle targets an ally, she is automatically healed as well.
Use the movement speed burst of Celestial Blessing to help yourself and your allies engage or escape enemies.
E | 3rd Ability: Starfire Spellblade
Starfire Spellblade passively and actively empowers Kayle’s attacks.
The passive portion of Starfire Spellblade grants bonus magic damage to her auto attacks while the active portion empowers her next auto attack with extra range and bonus magic damage that scales with the target’s missing health.
Starfire Spellblade is an auto attack reset. To maximize the damage output of Kayle, activate this ability right after an auto attack is executed.
Once Kayle reaches level 10, both the passive and active portion of Starfire Spellblade affects all enemies near the main target.
R | Ultimate: Divine Judgment
Divine Judgment is a game-changing ultimate that grants invulnerability to the target for a short duration as well as dealing damage after a short delay.
Kayle is one of the easiest champion to dive pre-level 5, but once she gains her ultimate, enemies would now think twice before diving her thanks to the 2.5 seconds of invulnerability.
Given Kayle’s hypercarry status in the late game, most Kayle players would want to reserve their ultimate for themselves but the downside of using Divine Judgment for yourself is the casting animation where you are unable to do anything. Because of the animation, you actually have only 1 second of invulnerability where you can attack.
If you have another hypercarry ally, it could be better to use Divine Ultimate on them because they will be able to utilize the full 2.5 seconds of invulnerability while they wreak havoc on all your enemies.
Kayle Build Recommendation
Here are Item Build Recommedations that works on Kayle
This is the standard build for Kayle. It focuses on the magic damage scaling of Kayle.
- Hextech Gunblade helps in the early game as its dual vamp helps against enemy harass and in the late game, the dual vamp is enough to refill Kayle’s HP to full with just a few hits, especially when stacked with other sources of vamp. Its slow is also a big help offensively and defensively, because it will alow Kayle kite or chase enemies.
- Gluttonous Greaves is acquired to stack vamp sources for Kayle so that it will be harder to kill her, thanks to her unreal sustain in the late game coming from the conversion of the high magic DPS to high amounts of vamp. Stasis Enchant is acquired so that you will have another source of invulnerability, allowing you to use Kayle’s ultimate, Divine Judgment on your teammates without much reservation.
- Nashor’s Tooth doubles the on-hit magic damage that you deal and this item gives a lot of attack speed and AP. Completing this item and reaching level 10 signifies your first power spike in the game, allowing you to become a force to be reckoned with.
- Wit’s End is another item that gives on-hit magic damage and attack speed. Although this item doesn’t give AP, Wit’s End gives magic resistance instead, giving you a little more breathing room against mages and AP assassins.
- Rabadon’s Deathcap grants the highest AP stat in game, with this item, Kayle’s raw power output increases by a ton.
- Void Staff will allow you to shred enemies who stack magic resist against you.
Flames of Justice
This build should only used if your team ha a lot of AP damagers, building AD items will allow you to balance the damage output your team can produce.
- Conqueror is the best Keystone rune for Kayle. Her passive ramps up on attack speed and damage, the same way Conqueror does, so it fits Kayle’s playstyle perfectly. Once she has maxed passive and Conqueror, her damage output shoots up, potentially turning a losing fight into a victory.
- Hunter – Vampirism adds to the vamp sources that we stack, together with Hextech Gunblade and Gluttonous Greaves, Kayle’s vamp can potentially reach 30%.
- Adaptive Carapace‘s flat HP bonus and additional adaptive resistance on low health helps a lot during the laning phase, which is Kayle’s weakest phase.
- Sweet Tooth grants bonus healing on eating Honeyfruits, which is a great help in the laning phase. Plus, the bonus gold on eating Honeyfruit will help us reach Kayle’s item power spikes faster.
Barrier is another layer of protection so that enemies won’t be able to one-shot you, especially in the early game where Kayle is most vulnerable.
Flash is necessary as Kayle is a squishy champion without any mobility options.
Kayle’s 3rd ability, Starfire Spellblade is maxed first because it allows her to farm faster, which is important for Kayle to scale. Next, her 1st ability, Radiant Blast is maxed next to maximize her damage output in the mid game. Her 2nd ability, Celestial Blessing is maxed last as it has the least utility to give in terms of scaling, plus it costs a lot of mana. Get a point in her ultimate. Divine Judgment, whenever possible.
Kayle Early Game Guide
Kayle is a late-game hypercarry. It is almost impossible to win the laning phase so it is better to not even try.
Your win condition in the early game is to survive the phase until the mid-game without dying. If you managed to have a 0-0-0 KDA upon reaching level 10, you are halfway to winning the game.
Focus only on last hitting minions and never mindlessly auto-attack.
The only time you want to auto-attack the wave is if the enemy is building a slow push wave with more than 6 minions. It is important to flash farm a big wave because if a big wave crashes into your turret, you will be susceptible to enemy dives and Kayle is one of the easiest champions to dive in the early game.
Use Kayle’s 1st and 3rd abilities to last hit safely from a distance. If you need to overextend to secure a last hit, let it go. You will lose far more gold if you die.
Kayle Late Game Guide
Kayle shines from level 10 onwards, provided that you don’t die in the early game.
Once you have three items, it is almost a secure win. You just have to play it smart.
Join every team fight and always farm near your allies. Even if you are one of the strongest late-game champions, you can still be easily killed by burst damage assassins.
Because Kayle’s squishy nature, it is better to stay in the backlines, behind your tanks and supports.
Do not hesitate to use Kayle’s Ultimate, Divine Judgment on your teammates if they are important to the game. It is better to win as two carries instead of tryharding the game all by yourself.
Lulu plays well into any hyper carry and Kayle is one of them. Lulu’s abilities make Kayle even harder to deal with in the late game with the increased HP, attack speed, movement speed, and shields.
Morgana is also a great pair for Kayle. Her shield makes Kayle harder to kill and Kayle’s ultimate also works perfectly with Morgana’s own ultimate, Soul Shackles.
Jax counters you all game long. In the early game, Jax has enough damage (or Kayle simply lacks HP) to kill Kayle. His 3rd ability, Counterstrike nullifies 90% of Kayle’s damage output all game long. Be careful not to feed Jax in the early game or else it’s game over for your team. In the late game, you will still lose to Jax so do not engage him 1v1. Wait for your teammates to kill Jax.
Irelia is another tough matchup all game. Always be mindful of your minion’s HP because she will be able to jump on you in a flash and kill you. If she snowballs, there will be nowhere in the map where you’ll be able to safely farm.
Do not let Tryndamere reach level 5 faster than you because he will definitely dive and kill you under your turret. The hardest part is not letting Tryndamere reach level 5 faster than you because he will zone you out and harass you to no end. Ask for your junglers help to shove the lane if possible.
Renekton has a lot of burst damage but his combo is somewhat telegraphed so you will be able to survive it if you play it smart but recall often as it will only take one clean combo to kill you even if you have more than half health.
Respect her Broken Wings dashes and keep your distance. If she ults, counter with your ultimate immediately so she won’t be able to animation cancel you and burst you to death.
Yasuo’s Windwall will be an annoying ability to deal with all game. But as long as you don’t get caught on his knock-up into Last Breathe combo, you will be fine.
Lose the lane, win the game against Teemo. As long as you don’t feed him, he will just be a nuisance at best. Be careful with his Blind though, as you won’t be dealing any damage while affected by it.
Here are some pros and cons if you are playing with Kayle in Wild Rift.
- Kayle is one of the strongest late game champions. If you reach level 15, the odds is in favor of you winning the game.
- Kayle’s ultimate, Divine Judgment is an absolute game changer. The best thing about it is that it is a 2.5-second invulnerability that you can use either for yourself or for another teammate.
- Rightly because of her status as a late game champion, Kayle is extremely weak in the early game.
- She is one of the easiest champions to oppress in lane and dive under the turret.
- Her early game demands her to play passively and because of that, aside from her ultimate, she has minimal impact on her team until she gets her items.
FAQ's About Kayle
How good is Kayle in Wild Rift?
Kayle is a (Tier S) champion. Kayle is a Baron lane hyper carry champion. She will have a hard time against current meta Baron laners but if she survives the early game, she is a force to be reckoned with.
What role / lane should I play with Kayle in Wild Rift?
Kayle is traditionally played in the Baron lane where she can safely farm and scale into the late game while being away from her team. But if she is faced with a tough matchup, she can also be played in the middle lane.
What abilities do I level up with Kayle?
Kayle’s 3rd ability, Starfire Spellblade is maxed first because it allows her to farm faster, which is important for Kayle to scale. Next, her 1st ability, Radiant Blast is maxed next to maximize her damage output in the mid game. Her 2nd ability, Celestial Blessing is maxed last as it has the least utility to give in terms of scaling, plus it costs a lot of mana.
What items should I build with Kayle?
Kayle’s core items are Hextech Gunblade for the dual vamp to sustain her from the early game to the late game, Nashor’s Tooth for the on-hit magic damage, AP, and attack speed, and Wit’s End for more on-hit magic damage and attack speed.
What Runes should I use when playing as Kayle?
Once she has maxed passive and Conqueror, her damage output shoots up, potentially turning a losing fight into a victory. Her other runes are Hunter-Vampirism, Adaptive Carapace, and Sweet Tooth.
How to I win lane with Kayle?
That’s the thing with Kayle, you’re not supposed to win the early game. If you survive the laning phase without any deaths, consider your lane won.