Recommended Lane: Jungle Lane
Working with the Wardens of Piltover to keep the peace, Viwields mighty hextech gauntlets that can punch through walls and suspects with equal ease. Vi is a mobile jungler which can be played as an assassin or bruiser. She has amazing diving and killing potential thanks to her kit.
Every 3rd attack on the same enemy deals 4.2% (4.2% + 0.03% bonus AD) of their max Health as bonus physical damage, reduces their Armor by 20%, and grants Vi 27% Attack Speed for 4 seconds.
Hold: Charges up a powerful punch, slowing Movement Speed by 15% while increasing the punch’s damage and dash distance.
Cast: Dashes forward dealing 55 to 110 physical damage (55 + 80% bonus AD to 110 + 160% bonus AD) and applying Denting Blows to all enemies hit. Colliding with an enemy champion stops the punch and knocks them back.
Deals 75% damage to minions and monsters.
Passive: Hitting an enemy with an attack or ability grants a stack of Blast Shield, up to 5 stacks.
Active: Generates a shield that absorbs 60 damage for 3 seconds. Each stack consumed adds 10 (1% max HP) to the shield. At max stacks also grants a burst of 47% Movement Speed.
Empowers Vi’s next attack to deal 19 bonus physical damage (10 + 15% AD + 70% AP) to the target and enemies behind it.
Vi stores a new charge every 14 seconds and can hold 2 charges at once.
Chases down an enemy champion, knocking them up for 1.25 seconds and dealing 150 physical damage (150 + 140% AD).
Vi Reveals her target and cannot be stopped while chasing it down. Enemies in the way are knocked aside and take 75% of the damage.
FInnate: Denting Blows
Denting Blows makes Vi an excellent assassin and bruiser which is capable of killing anyone from squishy carries to high HP tanks. Her passive makes her third attack on an enemy deal max HP% damage and reduce the armor of the enemy and increase Vi’s attack speed at the same time.
Q / Ability 1: Vault Breaker
Vault Breaker is a charged dash that damages and knocks back the first enemy champion hit. The longer she charges this ability, the further her dash will be and the stronger it will hit. Although, Vi is slowed while charging Vault Breaker.
Vault Breaker applies a count of Denting Blows. The Vaulter Breaker + Auto Attack + Excessive Force + Auto Attack combo dishes a surprising amount of damage.
Cast Vault Breaker while in the bush to surprise enemies when ganking them.
Vault Breaker can be used to cross walls and you should use this ability to traverse the jungle quickly and optimize your clearing pattern.
W / Ability 2: Blast Shield
Blast Shield is a buff that grants a shield depending on the number of stacks you hold. The stacks are based on the number of times you have damaged the enemies using your auto attacks and abilities. Blast Shield also grants a speed boost when activated at max stacks.
You will mainly use Blast Shield for the speed buff to finish enemies who are running away which is particularly useful when diving towers when enemies are low in HP.
E / Ability 3: Excessive Force
Excessive Force is an empowered attack buff which is also an auto attack reset. The damage from the empowered attack also hits the enemies behind in a cone area.
You can hit enemies behind tanks or towers using this ability.
R / Ultimate: Assault and Battery
Vi charges to the target enemy and knocks them up and deal damage to them. Vi is unstoppable (immune to crowd control) while casting this ability.
Vi knocks away enemies on the way to her target and damages them. This is a good ability to mess up the enemy’s formation and head straight to their carries.
Be careful when using the ability immediately though because if your target has a mobility spell or Flash, they can bring you underneath their tower and far away from your team and you won’t have a way to cancel your ultimate.
If the enemy has mobility skills or suspect they have their Flash available, it is better to use Vault Breaker to initiate so you can decide to follow enemies after they Flash out on you.
Also, be mindful of enemy champions who builds the Stasis Enchant against you because it can cancel Assault and Battery and put it into cooldown without being useful for you.
Instant Denting Blows proc: Q + AA (Auto Attack) + E + AA
Long Range Initiation: Q + Flash (you have to press Flash after releasing Q extremely fast or it won’t hit.
Extra Long Range Initiation: Q + Flash + R
All In: Q + AA + E + AA + E + AA + R +AA
Vi Build Recommendation
Here are Item Build Recommedation that works on Vi
The standard build for Vi is a bruiser type build which is balances her damage output and survivability. This allows her to dive backlines and peel (protect) for her carries while safely soaking some damage for her team.
- Trinity Force – This is a great all around item. Her damage output increases drastically because of the additional damage, attack speed, and Spellblade passive.
- Sterak’s Gage – Grants high HP and damage increase as well as the Lifeline passive which provides a shield which activates when Vi’s HP dropws below a certain percentage.
- Mercury Threads – Adds a little magic resist and crowd control resistance. Since Vi will dive backlines, a defensive boots is good for her. Build Ninja Tabi instead if the enemy has a AD heavy team composition. Upgrade with Glorious Enchant to increase your chasing power or upgrade with the Stasis Enchant as an additional defensive measure against burst damage champions.
- Dead Man’s Plate – This item is a defensive and offensive item which increases her armor and HP while having an offensive passive in Momentum which grants additional movement speed and bonus magic damage on max Momentum as well as slowing the enemy with its Crushing Blow passive.
- Spirit Visage – Grants magic resist as well as the Blessed passive which increases healing from all sources.
- Randuin’s Omen – This is the best item against AD carries because of its attack speed reduction passive and its critical damage reduction passive.
This is the Assassin Vi build which increases her damage output in exchange for less defense. This build allows her to win almost 1v1 duels in all stages of the game but be weaker in team fights.
- Youmuu’s Ghostblade – This item has an armor penetration and a passive which grants bonus movement speed, bonus magic damage, and bonus attack speed.
- Black Cleaver – Further increase your armor penetration with this item which applies a stacking armor reduction debuff.
- Guardian Angel – The resurrect passive allows Vi to dive backlines with a more room for error because she’ll just revive if the enemy uses their abilities on her.
- Death’s Dance – This is another mix of offensive and defensive stats because this item gives a little damage, HP, and physical vamp but it also has the Cauterize passive which converts burst damage into DPS.
- Conqueror – This the rune for the Bruiser Vi because the more she fights, the stronger her damage will be. The Assassin Vi will be using Electrocute for the additional burst damage to quickly take down her targets.
- Brutal – Increases your AD and armor penetration.
- Hunter – Titan – Grants bonus HP and crowd control resistance for each unique takedown.
- Mastermind – Grants bonus damage to Epic Monsters and Turrets as well as bonus gold for taking down those objectives.
Smite is a required summoner spell for junglers. This allows them to farm the jungle camps safely and secure the buffs and Epic Monsters. Upgrade to Blue Smite to secure ganks unless fighting with a strong duelist jungler like Master Yi or Olaf or Xin Zhao where upgrading to a Red Smite might be the better choice.
Flash grants the flexibility and options to be more aggressive or successfully escape a dangerous situation.
Maxing Q, Vault Breaker, is prioritized because it has the highest damage possible. E, Excessive Force, is maxed next then W, Blast Shield is maxed last because it doesn’t provide any offensive utility outside of its movement speed bonus which it provides adequately at its level 1. Get a point in your ultimate, Assault and Battery, whenever possible.
Vi Early Game Guide
Vi Late Game Guide
Lux can help in Vi’s ganks where ever she may be and land her ultimate, Final Spark, consistently thanks to Vi’s crowd controls. Plus, Lux’s Prismatic Shield can support Vi even from afar.
Half of Vi’s fighting strength is her reliance on her crowd controls and Olaf simply takes it away using his ultimate, Ragnarok, which makes him unstoppable.
Here are some pros and cons if you are playing with Vi in Wild Rift.
- Vi is a high mobility champion with two crowd control ability which makes her a great ganker.
- She has above average jungle clear because of her AoE damage and HP% health damage.
- She can kill carries as well as tanks effectively thanks to her kit. Her ultimate is also hard to dodge making her a potent assassin.
- Vi’s damage falls off in the late game and when invaded or when she fails in her ganks, she falls off pretty quick and it makes her hard to come back.
- Her play style is extremely risky and without followup from her team in clashes, she would just fail.