Recommended Lane: Mid
The yordle Ziggs is an explosive force of nature who loves big bombs and short fuses. Tired of his predictable boring life, he befriended the loose canon Jinx who gave him the advice to follow his fascination to blow stuff up. Ziggs is an artillery mage whose specialty is to damage enemies from afar and demolish turrets in no time.
Ziggs Wild Rift Build Recommendation
Here are Item Build Recommendations that works on this champion and which are the best build for Ziggs Wild Rift in this patch.
This build will rain endless bombs on your enemies with this high ability haste build. This is the safest way to play Ziggs Wild Rift.
- Archangel’s Staff – This item will allow you to spam your abilities nonstop without care for your mana pool. It grants a high amount of AP and it also grants the Lifeline passive so you’ll have additional insurance against the enemy, especially burst damage champions.
- Ionian Boots of Lucidity – Grants additional ability haste and also grants spell haste which lowers the cooldown of your summoner spells. Upgrade with the Stasis Enchant if you are fighting against burst damage champions like Zed or Fizz. The Teleport Enchant is the most viable option if you are going to play as the split push-type Ziggs.
- Luden’s Echo – The Discordic Echo passive from this ability grants bonus AoE damage to your abilities which synergizes with your long-range poke play style.
- Awakened Soulstealer – Its Soul Charged passive grants ultimate haste per unique takedown, which is exactly like ability haste but only for your ultimate. With its stack maxed, you’ll have around 47% to 50% CDR for your ultimate which allows you to spam your ultimate by a lot.
- Rabadon’s Deathcap – This item provides the highest amount of AP so your damage output will skyrocket after buying this item.
- Void Staff – Provides the highest magic penetration an item can give you can shred down the enemy tanks more efficiently.
Split Push Bomber
This is a more advanced item build that allows Ziggs Wild Rift to demolish towers fast. This item build also grants Ziggs good dueling and burst damage potential.
- Lich Bane – Grants the Spellblade passive which adds bonus magic damage to your attacks. It synergizes well with Short Fuse which makes Ziggs’s burst damage potential a lot more dangerous.
- Nashor’s Tooth – Adds a little bonus magic damage to your auto attacks and increases your attack speed at the same time so you can destroy towers faster.
Runes for Ziggs in Wild Rift
- Aery – the safest rune in terms of poking. It grants less bonus damage but it procs reliably. You won’t be able to utilize its defensive bonuses, though. Electrocute is not as reliable as you have to hit the enemy three times to activate it and it has a cooldown but it is the more viable option for advanced Ziggs players.
- Brutal – Increases your AP and magic penetration.
- Second Wind – Grants bonus HP regeneration and when you are damage, a percentage of your missing HP is restored.
- Hunter – Genius – Grants ability haste on unique takedowns which is a great addition to your Awakened Soulstealer item. Mastermind is the best rune if you are going to play as a split pusher because it grants bonus damage against turrets (and Epic Monsters) and it will provide bonus gold on turrets and Epic Monster takedowns as well.
In our Ziggs Wild Rift Guide, here are the best champion spells that you can equip on him.
Barrier is one of the best choices for Ziggs because he is extremely squishy and will die to one combo from most mid lane champions. He is not a good user of Ignite because he is not supposed to engage in short-range fights.
Flash is a necessity for Ziggs because he is a squishy champion and his escape tool is not instant and can be unreliable at times.
1st, Bouncing Bomb, is maxed first because it is your main source of damage poke in the laning phase. 3rd, Hexplosive Minefield, is maxed next because it also deals a good amount of damage. 2nd, Satchel Field, is maxed last because it doesn’t deal much damage and is mostly used for its utility. Its demolishing feature does not scale as well. Get a point in your ultimate, whenever possible.
Enhances hit next attack to deal an additional 20 magic damage (20 + 30% AP).
Short Fuse’s cooldown is reduced by 4 seconds when Ziggs casts an ability.
Deals 150% damage to structures.
Throws a bouncing bomb that deals 75 magic damage (75 + 65% AP).
Flings an explosive charge that can be detonated within 4 seconds to deal 70 magic damage (70 + 50% AP) to enemies and knock them away. Ziggs is also knocked away without taking damage.
Damages turrets and demolishes them if they are below 25% Health.
Scatters proximity mines that deal 50 magic damage (50 + 35% AP) on contact and slow by 35% for 1.5 seconds.
Enemies detonating multiple mines take 40% damage from subsequent mines.
Deploys the Mega Inferno Bomb to deal 300 magic damage (300 + 105% AP). Enemies not in the center take 66.7% damage.
Innate: Short Fuse
Ziggs enhances his attack with bonus magic damage every time Short Fuse is available, as shown under his mana bar.
Short Fuse’s cooldown is reduced every time he casts an ability.
Deals double damage to structures which makes Ziggs a great pusher along with his 2nd, Satchel Charge.
Q | 1st: Bouncing Bomb
Bouncing Bomb is Ziggs’s main source of damage. He throws a bouncing bomb that deals damage to a small AoE.
The bomb bounces up to three times regardless of the distance it is thrown. However, the further the distance it’s thrown, the further it bounces as well.
One method of increasing the chances of hitting the enemy with this ability is to wait for them to walk up to a minion then target the minion instead. The bomb will explode immediately when it comes in contact with the minion but it will reach the enemy champion because of the AoE of the bomb.
You can use it to last hit minions if the champion you face has a strong kill pressure like Zed.
W | 2nd: Satchel Charge
Satchel Charge is a damaging utility tool that you can use for various purposes.
First, you can use it to reposition yourself to escape dangerous situations or have a better position on clashes. There is an indicator where you will land and you can use it to cross walls, even the high ones which are not accessible to short dashes.
Be careful because, if you cast it too fast when you are in panic mode, you can be land further towards the enemy team instead.
Secondly, you can damage towers with it and it demolishes turrets with less than 25% HP. Along with his passive, Short Fuse, Ziggs can easily destroy turrets.
An icon that resembles the ability icon of Satchel Charge will show up on top of turrets when they drop below 25% HP. It doesn’t work on the Nexus, unfortunately, for Ziggs mains.
Third, It can knock up enemies. You can use it to disengage fights by scattering the enemy. You can also use it as a follow-up to crowd controls to bring the enemy closer to your team.
Be careful when using it offensively because you might inadvertently help the enemy escape by knocking them away from your team.
You can also, theoretically, use Satchel Charge to force the opponent into your E, Hexplosive Minefield, or even your ultimate, Mega Inferno Bomb. But, it will take mad skills and highly specific scenarios to pull those off.
E | 3rd: Hexplosive Minefield
Hexplosive Minefield drops seven mines in a hexagonal pattern which is a great zoning tool. You should place these bombs in a choke point to limit where the enemy can go. it also hinders or slows down enemies who want to contest your team on objectives like when you are taking Drakes or Baron Nashor.
Place it in front of where you want to escape in order to slow down your pursuers.
Or of course, you can simply cast it on your enemy to slow them.
Do not cast it too close to walls, turrets, or their remains because the bombs do not reposition themselves when they are dropped on impassable terrain. They simply explode.
R | Ultimate: Mega Inferno Bomb
Mega Inferno Bomb is a super long-range AoE magic damage spell that damages a wide area. It deals more damage if the enemy is hit dead center.
It is a great team fight ability and can also land you some long-range kills on recalling targets if you are skilled enough.
One of the best ways to use Mega Inferno Bomb is to follow up your ally’s crowd control abilities. If you have a Malphite or an Amumu and they land a three-man stun or more, if combined with Mega Inferno Bomb, the fight is more or less won by your team.
If you have a jungler with reliable crowd control like Vi, make sure to keep an eye on them and use Mega Inferno Bomb to assist them from afar.
Ziggs Early Game Guide
Ziggs plays a relatively easy early game thanks to his long-range abilities and fast wave clear.
Poke the enemy from afar and play it safe by quickly clearing your lane so you can help your jungle when necessary.
Never overextend yourself in your lane because you have one ability to save yourself which is 2nd, Satchel Field and unless you are highly proficient in it, it is not a great escape tool.
But if you have information where the enemy jungler is, for example, if you have recently seen the enemy jungler, you should proceed to shove your lane and try to damage the enemy’s turret as much as possible.
Once you have your ultimate, keep an eye on your teammates so you can assist them from afar with your ultimate, Mega Inferno Bomb.
Ziggs Late Game Guide
In the middle and late game. Stay behind your teammates so you can safely deal damage from a distance with your 1st, Bouncing Bomb, and 3rd, Hexplosive Minefield.
You can secure chokepoints around objectives with your 3rd, Hexplosive Minefield which will also slow down enemies, and 2nd, Satchel Field which can blow the enemy away from where they want to go.
Never chase enemies or break your formation with your front liners because you are an easy kill for the enemy’s assassins and bruisers but you can deal serious damage as long as you can freely hit enemies.
For our Ziggs Wild Rift Guide, we highly recommend using him with the following champions as they synergize well with him.
Vi’s ultimate, Assault and Battery can easily be followed up by Mega Inferno Bomb from half a map away which makes it a dangerous combo all throughout the game.
Jarvan IV is another prolific ganker who can help Ziggs get the space he needs to safely takedown turrets. His ultimate Cataclysm can help Ziggs land his Mega Inferno Bomb on multiple enemies, too.
All Ziggs Wild Rift Counter Champions
In this section, we’ll specifically show champions that can easily counter Ziggs in Wild Rift.
You can poke Zed but not kill him in the early game and when he reaches level 5, he will start being a threat to you all throughout the game and to a good Zed player, tower hugging is not enough. Build Stasis Enchant immediately and forget about split pushing.
Yasuo’s Wind Wall can block all your abilities. One well-timed Wind Wall can easily render you useless for the duration your abilities are on cooldown.
Pros & Cons About Ziggs
Here are some pros and cons if you are playing with Ziggs in Wild Rift.
- Ziggs a strong long-range mage who can destroy the enemy’s team by lowering their HP little by little even before fights breakout, hence the artillery classification. With his kit, he can harass enemies which makes both defending or pushing hard for the enemy team.
- His basic abilities can shave off the enemy team’s and their turret’s HP little by little but his ultimate is a strong ability that can decimate the whole team instantly or kill them from afar.
- Ziggs is one of the few mage champions with strong split pushing capability.
- He has long-range abilities but also an escape mechanism which makes him extremely annoying to play against.
- All of Zigg’s abilities are skillshots which doesn’t make him a beginner-friendly champion. If you are a beginner who is trying him, you will miss frequently which could cause a lot of frustration.
- Ziggs needs good positioning because he is squishy so if he’s caught without his defenses, he is easy prey.
FAQ's About Ziggs in Wild Rift
How good is Ziggs in Wild Rift?
Ziggs is an (Tier S) champion. This meta revolves around objectives and team fights which gives Ziggs a lot of opportunities to damage from afar or to take objectives all by himself.
What role / lane should I play with Ziggs in Wild Rift?
Ziggs is played in the mid lane as an artillery mage who is capable of dealing significant damage from a distance. Ziggs is also capable of sieging down the enemy base while being protected by his team.
What abilities do I level up with Ziggs?
1st, Bouncing Bomb, is maxed first because it is your main source of damage poke in the laning phase. 3rd, Hexplosive Minefield, is maxed next because it also deals a good amount of damage. 2nd, Satchel Field, is maxed last because it doesn’t deal much damage and is mostly used for its utility. Its demolishing feature does not scale as well.
What items should I build with Fizz?
Archangel’s Staff is Ziggs core item as it allows him to mindlessly spam his abilities without having to worry about his manapool. It transforms into Seraph’s Embrace which grants the Lifeline passive which is a life saver on occasions where you’ll get dove on. His next core item is Luden’s Echo which increases his poke damage by a significant amount.
What Runes should I use when playing as Ziggs?
Aery is the safest rune in terms of poking. It grants less bonus damage but it procs reliably. You won’t be able to utilize its defensive bonuses, though. Electrocute is not as reliable as you have to hit the enemy three times to activate it and it has a cooldown but it is the more viable option for advanced Ziggs players. His other runes are Brutal, Regeneration, and Hunter – Genius.
Any tips so I can aim my Zigg's ultimate better?
Zigg’s ultimate is a long-range skill shot so you’ll need to anticipate the enemy’s direction a little bit to make it work and deal as much damage as possible by hitting the enemy at your ultimate’s dead center. The only way to surely hit the enemy is to wait for your allies to control the enemy so the enemy will be stuck in place which your Mega Inferno Bomb is flying.