Recommended Lane: Baron
Pantheon embraces the power of his own mortality, his stubborn resilience fuels his unbreakable will while wielding the Aspect of War’s weapons on the field of battle. Pantheon is a highly flexible fighter who can be played in almost all roles thanks to his loaded kit with high damaging abilities, a reliable stun, a defensive ability that can block everything including turrets, and an ultimate which allows him to be present in every battle.
After 5 stacks or abilities Pantheon’s next basic ability is enhanced.
Tap Cast: Stabs forward, dealing 55 physical damage (55 + 100% bonus AD). Refunds 50% of Comet Spear’s cooldown.
Charge Cast: Hurls the spear, dealing the same damage to the first enemy hit and 50% less to subsequent targets.
Enemies below 35% Health are critically hit for 110 physical damage (110 + 150% bonus AD) instead.
Mortal Will: Deals an additional 20 physical damage (20 + 100% bonus AD) and slows by 30% for 1.5 seconds.
Damage to minions reduced by 20%.
Dash to an enemy, stunning for 1 second and dealing 65 physical damage (65 + 100% AP).
Mortal Will: Follows up with an attack that strikes 3 times, dealing a total of 79 physical damage (135% AD).
Block all incoming damage from a direction for 1.5 seconds and deal 58 physical damage (100% AD) to nearby enemies. At the end slam forward and deal 60 physical damage (60 + 150% bonus AD).
Mortal Will: Block for 2.5 seconds and deal 97 physical damage (167% AD) over the duration instead.
Passive: Gains 10% armor Penetration
Active: Gather strength to leap high into the air, crashing down at the target area deals 30 physical damage and slows by 50% for 2 seconds. After few seconds crashes down at the targeted area and Deals up to 300 magic damage (300 + 100% AP) to enemies in a line. Grand Starfall instantly readies Mortal Will.
Damage is decreased by up to 50% at the edge of the landing area.
Innate Passive: Mortal Will
Mortal Will enhances Pantheon’s next basic ability cast after 5 stacks. The stacks are acquired through damaging enemies with attacks or abilities.
The stacks are shown below your health bar and it is visible to your opponents.
Q | 1st: Comet Spear
Comet Spear is Pantheon’s main harass tool thanks to its low cooldown when tapped. It also serves as a pseudo-execution ability since the charged version can critically strike on low HP targets.
In the laning phase, you’d want to poke the enemy with the tapped version so you can use it repeatedly thanks to the cooldown refund. The only time you’d want to use the charged version in the laning phase is when you are low on health, especially when against a ranged matchup or when you are using Comet Spear to go in for the kill.
Comet Spear is an auto-attack reset so AA + 1st + AA combos are good for trading but it can cancel your auto attack which will make you lose some of your damage potential. To avoid this, wait for your attack to land before casting your Comet Spear.
Mortal Will Increases Comet Spear’s damage and adds a slowing effect.
Twin Comet Spear combo: AA + 1st + AA + 2nd + AA + 3rd + 3rd(Early Cancel) + AA + 1st
Pros: This combo deals the most damage in all of Pantheon’s combo.
Cons: You have to be near the enemy to execute properly.
Requirements: 4 or 5 Mortal Will stacks for two enhanced Comet Spear. Easier to execute with Youmuu’s Ghostblade or Dead Man’s Plate due to the bonus movement speed.
W | 2nd: Shield Vault
Shield Vault is what makes Pantheon a dangerous ganker and support. It’s a point-and-click stun that has little counter. Once you are in the range of Pantheon, you will most likely be stunned.
Shield Vault has a long animation backswing where Pantheon is simply standing there posing a muscle flex when it is used after an auto-attack or when cast as its enhanced version. Follow up with your 1st, Comet Spear or 3rd, Aegis Assault to cancel its animation backswing.
Mortal Will Adds three attacks after stunning the enemy which is done in quick succession. Each strike adds a Mortal Will stack.
Shield Vault Offensive: 2nd + 3rd + 3rd(Early Cancel) + AA + 1st + AA
Pros: Balance between damage and reliability.
Cons: Does not deal as much damage as the Twin Comet Spear Combo.
Requirements: 5 Mortal Will stacks for the Enhanced Shield Vault is necessary to proc an Enhanced Comet Spear at the end.
Shield Vault Defensive: 2nd + 1st + AA + 3rd
Pros: Great for tower diving.
Cons: Deals the least amount of damage. Needs a teammate to be effective.
Requirements: 5 Mortal Will stacks for the Enhanced Shield Vault is necessary to proc an Enhanced Aegis Assault at the end.
E | 3rd: Aegis Assault
Aegis Assault is currently one of the strongest defensive spells in the game because it nullifies all kinds of attacks coming from Pantheon’s front, including turret shots.
It can also nullify non-projectile damage like Ignite as long as you are facing the damage source. Damage over time effects will continue to affect you after the duration of Aegis Assault ends, though.
Catch skill shots for your team as you activate Aegis Assault. With this ability, you can render strong ultimates like Jhin’s Final Curtain or Miss Fortune’s Bullet Time useless.
If you are going to use Aegis Assault for its damage, you can cancel it early to improve your DPS.
You have reduced movement speed when walking against your casting direction.
R | Ultimate: Grand Starfall
Grand Starfall is what enables Pantheon to become a global threat. Its range covers over half the map when you are in the middle lane, allowing you to be present and respond to all fights happening whenever you ultimate is available.
Pantheon lands in a rectangular area. You are going to hit all enemies in that rectangular area and those further from the center will take less damage.
Your teammates will be notified where you will land but all your enemies will see your landing point as well so its great if you have a teammate near your enemies who can land an AoE crowd control.
When ganking, it is best to land your ultimate at the backside or at a flank so your enemies will have no choice but to face your allies or get damaged by your ultimate.
You will automatically gain full stacks of your passive, Mortal Will. So once you land, you can immediately burst down an enemy, preferably the enemy’s backline ADC or mage. But if you find yourself surrounded by your enemies, cast your Enhanced Aegis Assault so you can buy time before your teammates arrive to help you.
Pantheon Build Recommendation
Here are Item Build Recommedations that works on Pantheon
The Ultimate Spear
This is an aggressive build that works well as a Baron Laner, Mid laner, or even as a Jungler! This build focuses on turning Pantheon into an Assassin/Bruiser mix who can burst down enemies but can also survive the mid-game and late-game as a front liner.
- Black Cleaver makes all your abilities hurt more thanks to its Sunder passive that reduces a percentage of your target’s armor. Consider buying Trinity Force instead if the enemy team is full of squishies or you can buy Youmuu’s Ghostblade first instead.
- Ionian Boots of Lucidity grants ability haste and cooldown reduction to your summoner spells so you can take more advantage of your early and mid-game strengths. Upgrade with the Protobelt Enchant for a longer reach when playing aggressively or upgrade with the Teleport Enchant to further increase your map presence.
- Youmuu’s Ghostblade grants armor penetration and increases your movement speed so you can roam and gank more effectively. Alternatively, you can pick Blade of the Ruined King if there are a lot of HP stacking tanks in the enemy team.
- Death’s Dance’s Cauterize passive converts the damage you receive into DPS so you can soak more damage and survive fights for a longer period of time.
- Sterak’s Gage grants a huge amount of AD and HP and provides the Lifeline passive that grants you a shield when you are low on health.
- Guardian Angel allows you to survive your late game backline dives thanks to its Resurrect passive.
The Ultimate Shield
This item build is the support build that focuses on increasing Pantheon’s survivability and utility output throughout the game.
- Mercury’s Treads allows Pantheon to survive crowd controls thanks to its tenacity stat. You should pick this instead of Ionian Boots of Lucidity even when playing as The Ultimate Spear if the enemy has a lot of crowd controls. This pairs well with the Hunter – Titan minor rune. Upgrade with the Locket Enchant to increase your team’s survivability against AoE damage or upgrade with the Redeeming Enchant to increase your objective control.
- Dead Man’s Plate grants bonus movement speed to help you catch up to enemies you want to stun and the Crushing Blow passive which slows down enemies on your first attack with maximum Momentum.
- Iceborn Gauntlet further increases your utility with its slowing empowered attacks and the additional mana allows you to continuously spam your abilities.
- Protector’s Vow increases your and your teammate’s survivability against burst damage as it grants you and a nearby teammate a shield when you are damage.
- Force of Nature grants increasing magic resist and movement speed bonus each time you are hit by a unique ability.
- Randuin’s Omen allows you to soak damage from the enemy ADC in the late game so you can peel for your team for longer periods of time.
The Ultimate Spear
- Conqueror – Increases your damage output the more you hit your enemies with attacks and abilities. This works extremely well with bursting down enemies with your Mortal Will combos.
- Brutal – Increases your damage and armor penetration.
- Hunter – Titan – Grants a little HP and tenacity each unique takedown. Synergizes extremely well with Mercury’s Treads
- Hunter – Genius – Grants ability haste for each unique takedown. Synergizes well with Ionian Boots of Lucidity.
The Ultimate Shield
- Aftershock – Grants bonus armor and magic resistance upon stunning an enemy. After a short while, this rune creates an explosion which deals magic damage based on your max HP.
- Weakness – Increases the damage received by the enemy you stun for a short while. This is perfect for bursting down an enemy together with your ADC.
- Pack Hunter – Increases your movement speed when near an ally and grant you and a unique ally bonus gold on takedowns.
Pantheon is great at bursting down enemies in the early game and mid-game. Ignite helps him to accomplish this by dealing true damage and applying Grievous Wounds.
You can use Flash for a wide variety of offensive and defensive situations such as escaping or using it as a buffer/animation cancel for your abilities to reach your enemies quicker.
Maxing 1st, Comet Spear comes first as it is Pantheon’s main source of damage. 3rd, Aegis Assault is maxed next to lower its long cooldown as it is your main source of survivability. 2nd, Shield Vault is maxed last as its stun duration does not scale. Get a point in your ultimate whenever possible.
Pantheon Early Game Guide
Pantheon excels in short burst trades and he can create unfair situations thanks to his abilities.
Pantheon’s 1st, Comet Spear is a high damage poke that has a low cooldown when used in its melee/tap form. You should focus on using your Mortal Will enhancement on your 1st, Comet Spear so you can lower down the HP of your opponent.
You can also harass the enemy by combining 2nd, Shield Vault then use 3rd, Aegis Assault once they fight back. Just make sure that you won’t be chain crowd-controlled or ganked when you do this.
Once the enemy is around half HP, look for an opportunity to jump using your W, Shield Vault for an all-in trade together with your Ignite, and if possible, end with a charged 1st, Comet Spear to end your enemies.
Upon reaching level 5, look for opportunities to help around the map using your ultimate, Grand Starfall.
Pantheon Late Game Guide
In the later stages of the game, your offensive effectiveness will begin to fall off so gradually switch your role from an assassin/bruiser who can pick off enemies into a bruiser/peeler who protects teammates and enable them to kill.
You can still act as a secondary engager by flanking the backline of the enemy team using your ultimate, Grand Starfall. Just make sure that the enemy has already engaged when you enter so you won’t be focused down by all five of the enemy team.
If you find yourself cornered, use your Mortal Will from your ultimate to activate an Enhanced 3rd, Aegis Assault so you can buy more time for yourself before your allies reach you.
But in an ideal situation, you will find a backliner alone and when that happens, you will be able to burst them down using one of your offensive combos.
No place is safe when Twisted Fate and Pantheon roams the rift together in the same team. Both are sporting global ultimates which can bring them wherever they please. A team with both of them together has complete control of the map and they can be anywhere if they will it.
Miss Fortune can quickly lower down the HP of her enemies thanks to her 1st, Double Up together with Pantheon’s 1st, Comet Spear. This duo will force the enemy to recall frequently or else, die to their all-ins over and over in the early game.
Jarvan IV’s ultimate, Cataclysm creates a field that hinders the movement of champions in that area for an ample amount of time, enough time for Pantheon to land courageously into the battlefield.
One of Pantheon’s weakness is crowd control and Leona has not one, not two, but three crowd control in her arsenal. Pantheon may have more mobility and damage but when it comes to supporting through controls, Leona is second to none.
Pantheon loves all-ins in the early and mid game but Janna’s peeling makes it extremely hard for him to make early game pickoffs. She has defensive knock-ups, slows, shields and an AoE Knockback + heal which will make life hard for Pantheon all game long.
With Camille’s mobility, shields, and sustain, tt will be hard to snowball with her as his Baron lane matchup. And as the game goes by, she’ll even get stronger than Pantheon. His only chance to “win” the lane is to create opportunities elsewhere. But it will still be a risky situation for Pantheon because once he leaves his lane, Camille will easily eat up his turret.
Here are some pros and cons if you are playing with Pantheon in Wild Rift.
- Pantheon is an extremely versatile champion. If you are looking for a champion that you can play in multiple roles so you don’t have to worry about filling a role you don’t usually play, Pantheon is the champion for you. He can be played to a high degree of effectiveness in the Baron lane, Mid lane, and Support. A little less in the jungle, but it can work too.
- Pantheon has lots of utility to offer to his team. He has a point-and-click stun that can reliably be used to catch and control an enemy, a shield that can be used to negate almost all forms of damage from his front, and the ability to be anywhere he wants on a whim.
- He has great early game and mid-game. His damage during these periods is amazing and his ganking and pick-off potential is amazing.
- Pantheon is more of a pick-off champion. He is most effective when played as an assassin/bruiser champion, even as a support, and if he doesn’t get a good early game, he becomes ineffective quickly. He is great at picking off enemies and ganking them but he is ineffective when it comes to full-blown fights.
- In his early game, his mana quickly runs dry but at the same time, he thrives in poking and being aggressive so there is a certain balance that you should learn when playing him and that would not come easily if you simply spamming his abilities blindly.
- In the late game, his effectiveness runs out even when he is ahead in the early and mid-game. And because of that, he becomes reliant on his team for his victory. He is not capable of mending his teammate’s mistakes in the late game.
FAQ's About Pantheon
How good is Pantheon in Wild Rift
Pantheon is an (Tier A+) champion. He is a safe pick which can fit most team composition because he has a lot of utility to offer thanks to his stun, shield, and almost global range ultimate.
What role / lane should I play with Pantheon in Wild Rift?
Pantheon can be played in the Baron lane or Mid lane as an Assassin/Bruiser or he can be played in the Dragon lane as a Tank Support.
What abilities do I level up with Pantheon?
Maxing 1st, Comet Spear comes first as it is Pantheon’s main source of damage. 3rd, Aegis Assault is maxed next to lower its long cooldown as it is your main source of survivability. 2nd, Shield Vault is maxed last as its stun duration does not scale.
What items should I build with Pantheon?
Pantheon’s core items as a solo laner are Trinity Force and Youmuu’s Ghostblade which are crucial items to increase his burst damage and ganking potential. As a Tank Support, his core items are Dead Man’s Plate and Iceborn Gauntlet. These items adds utility to his kit by slowing down enemies he attacks.
What Runes should I use when playing as Pantheon?
When playing in the solo lane, use Conqueror as your keystone rune. It increases your damage output the more you hit your enemies with attacks and abilities. This works extremely well with bursting down enemies with your Mortal Will combos. His other runes are Brutal, Hunter – Titan, and Hunter – Genius
When should I use Pantheon's Grand Starfall?
Grand Starfall is perfect for responding to clashes from afar. Most enemies won’t expect you because they have recently seen you in a lane far away. In ganks and late game fights, use it to dive into the enemies back line so you can assassinate their squishy carries.