Aurelion Sol Wild Rift Build & Guide
Recommended Lane: Mid
Aurelion Sol once graced the vast emptiness of the cosmos with celestial wonders of his own devising. Aurelion Sol is a roaming mid laner who can quickly clear his lane then effectively roam and gank other lanes and create extreme map pressure for his team.
Aurelion Sol Wild Rift Build Recommendation
Here are Item Build Recommendations that works on this champion and which are the best build for Aurelion Sol Wild Rift in this patch.
The Legendary Dragon
This is the standard build for Aurelion Sol Wild Rift which is a balance of survivability and utility because Aurelion Sol wants to deal consistent DPS with his stars.
- Rod of Ages – This item is a perfect balance of HP, AP, and Mana. It also grants an additional stat bonus that increases over time plus it also has a small sustain bonus when using mana and being damaged as well.
- Boots of Swiftness – Aurelion Sol needs superior positioning in order to consistently deal damage and more movement speed helps that case. Upgrade with the Stasis Enchant to counter burst damage champions or upgrade with the Quicksilver Enchant to counter hard crowd controls.
- Liandry’s Torment – Makes your ability damage deal percentage of HP damage. This synergizes well with Aurelion Sol’s kit because he constantly deals AoE magic damage.
- Rabadon’s Deathcap – Grants the highest amount of AP stat so you’ll gain a big power spike with this item. You’ll be able to kill enemies with just one combo with this item.
- Rylai’s Crystal Scepter – Your abilities will constantly slow your enemies once you have this item and it will make it easier to damage them and control team fights in your favor.
- Void Staff – Punish those who build magic resist against you because this item grants the highest amount of magic penetration in-game. Buy Crystalline Reflector instead if you are having a hard time surviving against AD champions in the late game.
The Seven Headed Hydra
This Aurelion Sol Wild Rift item build works well in three conditions: Your team has enough crowd control, you have an effective peeler, and the enemy team has no high HP champions. The first two conditions are fulfilled if you have Alistar, Malphite, or Braum in your team. This build increases your CDR to the max and grants you high burst damage which contrast the first build’s DPS and utility function.
- Infinity Orb – Makes your abilities deal bonus magic damage against low hp champions. Build this item instead of Rod of Ages if you get the first blood.
- Awakened Soulstealer – Grants the highest amount of cooldown reduction plus grants an additional cooldown reduction to your ultimate with every unique takedown which is not affected by the CDR cap.
- Ionian Boots of Lucidity – Grants additional cooldown reduction.
Runes for Aurelion Sol in Wild Rift
- Phase Rush – Grants movement speed burst after damaging an enemy with three consecutive attacks or abilities. This is great for weaving in and out of the battlefield. Conqueror is also a viable item if you have enough burst damage in your team as this will increase your damage the longer the fight goes on so this is the better rune if you have many tanky enemies.
- Brutal – Increases your damage and penetration.
- Second Wind – Grants bonus HP regeneration and heal a portion of missing health when damage to help with early game pokes. Adaptive Carapace grants bonus HP and bonus adaptive resistance based on the damage most taken in the past minute.
- Sweet Tooth – Grants bonus gold and HP regeneration on eating Honeyfruits.
In our Aurelion Sol Wild Rift Guide, here are the best champion spells that you can equip on him.
Ignite increases your chances of killing the enemy especially when ganking the bot lane which almost always carry a heal summoner spell.
Flash is necessary for Aurelion Sol because he has no natural disengage abilities.
2nd, Celestial Expansion is maxed first as it is your main source of damage and lane clear. 1st, Starsurge is maxed next to scale it for the mid game and max 3rd, Comet of Legend last as it provides enough utility as level 1. Get a point in your ultimate whenever possible.
Stars orbit Aurelion Sol, dealing 18 magic damage (18 + 25% AP).
Fires a newborn star that detonates upon reaching the Outer Limit. The star expands as it travels, dealing 65 magic damage (65 +65% AP) and stunning for 0.4 to 1.6 seconds based on time traveled.
Starsurge can be re-cast to detonate the star early.
Passive: Stars deal 5 increased damage.
Active: Pushes his stars out to the Outer Limit for 3 seconds, causing them to orbit faster and deal 30 magic damage (20 + 35% AP + 10).
When the stars retract, Aurelion Sol gains 40% Movement Speed that decays over 2 seconds.
Passive: Gradually gains Movement Speed while moving in the same direction, up to 40%.
Active: Takes flight, gaining the ability to see and travel over walls for 9 seconds.
Taking damage from Champions will end the flight.
Exhales starfire, dealing 150 magic damage (150 + 70% AP) and slowing by 40%. Enemies hit are knocked back to the Outer Limit.
Innate: Center of the Universe
Aurelion Sol has three small orbiting stars around him at all times. These stars are central to how Aurelion Sol is played as it constantly deal magic damage to those it hits and applies item effects.
Aurelion Sol is bad at hiding because the orbiting stars can still be seen by your enemies even when you are under bushes.
An important concept in Center of the Universe is the “Outer Limit” which is the maximum distance the stars travel when you activate your 2nd, Celestial Expansion. The Outer Limit plays a crucial role in the behavior of all your abilities.
It is important to learn how to move in a way that increases the hit rate of your stars. The stars move counterclockwise, so you’ll have to move clockwise to manually increase its hit rate.
Q | 1st: Starsurge
Aurelion Sol summons a newborn star that damages and stuns the enemy when it reaches the Outer Limit or when detonated early. The duration of the stun and size of the star increases based on the distance the star has traveled.
The size of the star can reach extreme proportions when traveling long distances thanks to Aurelion Sol’s 3rd, Comet of Legend.
If Aurelion Sol’s movement speed is greater than the star’s, the star’s movement speed increases in proportion to Aurelion Sol’s movement speed.
Aurelion Sol can do a 1st + Flash combo in opposite directions for a doubly safe escape mechanism.
W | 2nd: Celestial Expansion
The stars are pushed to the Outer Limit when Celestial Expansion is cast. The stars also orbit faster and deal more damage this way.
The damage of your passive also increases as you level this ability up.
You can re-cast Celestial Expansion earlier to retract the stars and increase your movement speed which can help in various situations where one is to basically run away.
Celestial Expansion is your main source of damage and pressure throughout the game. If you want to gank in the early game. You’ll be able to quickly clear the lane with one cast of this ability by positioning yourself on the side of the minions. Be sure to have a ward placed on that side and that you are aware of where the enemy’s jungler is because you’ll be overextending yourself to do this.
Don’t forget to auto-attack while using Celestial Expansion.
E | 3rd: Comet of Legend
Aurelion Sol retracts his stars and travels towards a direction with increased movement speed while being able to travel through walls and other obstacles.
You’ll gain sight over walls while flying over them but you will also be seen by the enemy team faster than usual. Be sure to set up ganks with your 1st, Starsurge, together with this ability as you’ll be able to make overwhelmingly large discs over large distances.
You are able to cross about half the map even with just one level of this ability.
R | Ultimate: Voice of Light
Aurelion Sol exhales Starfire in a line which deals magic damage and slows enemies. Enemies who are close to Aurelion Sol are knocked back to the Outer Limit.
Voice of Light has a relatively long-range so you can use it to initiate fights and the slow will usually be enough to catch up to your target. It can also be used to snipe down low HP champions.
You can do an “Insec” type play which is knocking back the enemy into your team by using Ult + Flash. You’ll be putting yourself in a vulnerable position by doing this, though.
Combo: 1st + Ult + 2nd
Insec: Flash + Ult + 1st + 2nd
Aurelion Sol Early Game Guide
Aurelion Sol’s playstyle revolves around clearing out the lane fast then ganking the side lanes.
So, clear your lanes with your 2nd, Celestial Expansion and save your 1st, Starsurge and 3rd, Comet of Legend for your ganks unless you are winning heavily in your lane.
However, do not force to win your lane because it is not how Aurelion Sol is designed. It is better to focus on ganking your side lanes because you can begin ganking regularly as early as level three. Every time your 3rd, Comet of Legend is available, look for a lane to gank.
It is best to gank lanes are overextended so you’ll have a better chance of landing your 1st, Starsurge on your enemy.
Recalling before setting up your ganks are a good trick to catch enemies off guard because they’ll think that you went back to get your items and will go back to your own lane instead of ganking.
Aurelion Sol Late Game Guide
In the late game, do not join your teammates if they are grouping up. Shove the next lane where your team is ganking. For example, if they are in top, go mid and if they are in mid, you can stay at top or bottom. It is ideal that you shove a lane that is pushed into your side of the map because you don’t want to be picked off and killed alone which will happen if you overextend.
Positioning yourself far from your teammates will allow you to create a large 1st, Starsurge which will force enemies to either disengage and scatter or suffer your stun.
After your 1st, Starsurge + 3rd, Comet of Legend entrance. Keep damaging enemies using your 2nd, Celestial Expansion. Stay with your team and do not overextend because as time passes by, the more you’ll be susceptible to being one-shotted by enemy champions.
For our Aurelion Sol Wild Rift Guide, we highly recommend using with the following champions as they synergize well with her.
Master Yi requires a lot of farm and that makes his team’s early game a little harder because of the lack of ganks. Aurelion Sol takes care of that void because he is an amazing ganker from the get go.
Shyvana is a farming jungler whose focus is securing Drakes so she can have a strong mid to late game. She is not strong without her ultimate, Dragon’s Descent so her ganks will be scarce. Aurelion Sol will take care of the ganks while Shyvana is focused on her farming.
All Aurelion Sol Wild Rift Counter Champions
In this section, we’ll specifically show champions that can easily counter Aurelion Sol in Wild Rift.
Fizz’s kit just simply makes Aurelion Sol’s life hard all game long. Aurelion simply doesn’t have enough damage or pressure in the early game to hinder Fizz and his Playful/Trickster is a hard counter to all your skills plus he can simply dash into inside your stars, which makes it close to impossible to deal with this annoying fish.
Katarina is another mobile assassin who can simply outmaneuver and outgank Aurelion Sol. When facing her, it will boil down who executes better ganks and who kills more in the early game, will most likely snowball to victory. Do not fight Katarina head-on as she can dodge your 2nd, Celestial Expansion and burst you down.
Pros & Cons About Aurelion Sol
Here are some pros and cons if you are playing with Aurelion Sol in Wild Rift.
- Aurelion Sol provides constant damage in team fights and he dishes out good offensive utility as well. His constant map pressure thanks to his ganks in the early to mid game makes life easy for his team.
- Aurelion Sol is not that popular of a champion so most of your enemies in the lower tier will have a hard time against you because of the simple fact that they don’t know Aurelion Sol.
- Laning with Aurelion Sol is easy because he can clear the lane with just one click of a button.
- Aurelion Sol is a unique champion and because of that, it could be a big challenge to learn how to play him effectively. During the first few games, you’ll find yourself dying because you are more focused on trying to hit the enemy with the orbiting stars than your HP.
- Enemies who know how to counter Aurelion Sol will punish you hard through pressuring you while in lane and when you are ganking, they will also punish you by hard pushing your lane.
FAQ's About Aurelion Sol in Wild Rift
How good is Aurelion Sol in Wild Rift?
Aurelion Sol is a (Tier A+) champion. He is a niche pick who can work well with a player who knows how to time his ganks. Due to the nature of his kit, he is not a beginner-friendly champion. But he can still be a solid pick which can be used to climb rank in all elos.
What role / lane should I play with Aurelion Sol in Wild Rift?
Aurelion Sol is played in the mid lane as the AP carry Battle Mage who focuses on ganking in order to assist his teammates in the side lanes.
What abilities do I level up with Aurelion Sol?
2nd, Celestial Expansion is maxed first as its your main source of damage and lane clear. 1st, Starsurge is maxed next to scale it for the mid game and max 3rd, Comet of Legend last as it provides enough utility as level 1.
What items should I build with Aurelion Sol?
Aurelion Sol’s core item is Rod of Ages because he is a Battle Mage who fights in the midst of the battle. Rod of Ages grants him a good amount of HP, Mana, and AP which increases further over time. Afterwards, he buys Liandry’s Torment and Rylai’s Scepter.
What Runes should I use when playing as Aurelion Sol?
Electrocute grants additional damage on combos. Do not forget to auto attack between abilities to make sure that Electrocute will proc. His other runes are Brutal, Spirit Walker, and Sweet Tooth.
Any tips for ganking with Aurelion Sol?
Always make sure to gank with his 1st, Starsurge + 3rd, Comet of Legend combo. Decide where you will gank before hand and align yourself to where you’d think they will be positioned once you arrive. It is best to gank overextended lanes and lanes with both allies and enemies are low or at least half in HP.