Recommended Lane: Mid Lane
Aurelion Sol once graced the vast emptiness of the cosmos with celestial wonders of his own devising. Aurelion Sol is a roaming mid laner who can quickly clear his lane then effectively roam and gank other lanes and create extreme map pressure for his team.
Stars orbit Aurelion Sol, dealing 18 magic damage (18 + 25% AP).
Fires a newborn star that detonates upon reaching the Outer Limit. The star expands as it travels, dealing 65 magic damage (65 +65% AP) and stunning for 0.4 to 1.6 seconds based on time traveled.
Starsurge can be re-cast to detonate the star early.
Passive: Stars deal 5 increased damage.
Active: Pushes his stars out to the Outer Limit for 3 seconds, causing them to orbit faster and deal 30 magic damage (20 + 35% AP + 10).
When the stars retract, Aurelion Sol gains 40% Movement Speed that decays over 2 seconds.
Passive: Gradually gains Movement Speed while moving in the same direction, up to 40%.
Active: Takes flight, gaining the ability to see and travel over walls for 9 seconds.
Taking damage from Champions will end the flight.
Exhales starfire, dealing 150 magic damage (150 + 70% AP) and slowing by 40%. Enemies hit are knocked back to the Outer Limit.
Innate: Center of the Universe
Aurelion Sol has three small orbiting stars around him at all times. These stars are central to how Aurelion Sol is played as it constantly deal magic damage to those it hits and applies item effects.
Aurelion Sol is bad at hinding because the orbiting stars can still be seen by your enemies even when your under bushes.
An important concept in Center of the Universe is the “Outer Limit” which is the maximum distance the stars travel when you activate your W, Celestial Expansion. The Outer Limit plays a crucial role in the behavior of all your abilities.
It is important to learn how to move in the way that increases the hit rate of your stars. The stars move counter clockwise, so you’ll have to move clockwise to manually increase its hit rate.
Q / Ability 1: Starsurge
Aurelion Sol summons a newborn born star that damages and stuns the enemy when it reaches the Outer Limit or when detonated early. The duration of the stun and size of the star increases based on the distance the star has traveled.
The size of the star can reach extreme proportions when traveling long distances thanks to Aurelion Sol’s E, Comet of Legend.
Activating Starsurge grants Aurelion Sol bonus movement speed and if Aurelion Sol’s movement speed is greater than the star’s, the star’s movement speed increases in proportion to Aurelion Sol’s movement speed.
Aurelion Sol can do a Q + Flash combo in opposite directions for as a doubly safe escape mechanism.
W / Ability 2: Celestial Expansion
The stars are pushed to the Outer Limit when Celestial Expansion is casted. The stars also orbits faster and deal more damage this way.
The damage of the your passive also increases as you level this ability up.
You can re-cast Celestial Expansion earlier to retract the stars and increase your movement speed which can help in various situations where one is to basically run away.
Celestial Expansion is your main source of damage and pressure through out the game. If you want to gank in the early game. You’ll be able to quickly clear the lane with one cast of this ability by positioning yourself in the side of the minions. Be sure to have a ward placed in that side and that you are aware of where the enemy’s jungler is because you’ll be overextending yourself to do this.
Don’t forget to auto attack while using Celestial Expansion.
E / Ability 3: Comet of Legend
Aurelion Sol retracts his stars and travel towards a direction with increased movement speed while being able to travel through walls and other obstacles.
You’ll gain sight over walls and bushes but you will also be seen by the enemy team faster than usual. Be sure to set up ganks with your Q, Starsurge, together with this ability as you’ll be able to make overwhelmingly large discs over large distances.
You are able to cross about half the map even with just one level of this ability.
R / Ultimate: Voice of Light
Aurelion Sol exhales starfire in a line which deals magic damage and slows enemies. Enemies who are to Aurelion Sol are knocked back to the Outer Limit.
Voice of Light has a relatively long range so you can use it to initiate fights and the slow will usually be enough to catch up to your target. It can also be used to snipe down low HP champions.
You can do an “Insec” type play which is knock back the enemy into your team by using Flash + R. You’ll be putting yourself in a vulnerable position by doing this, though.
Combo: Q + R + W
Insec: Flash + R + Q + W
Aurelion Sol Build Recommendation
Here are Item Build Recommedation that works on Aurelion Sol
The Legendary Dragon
This is the standard build for Aurelion Sol which is a balance of survivability and utility because Aurelion Sol wants to deal consistent DPS with his stars.
- Rod of Ages – This item is a perfect balance of HP, AP, and Mana. It also grants additional stat bonus that increases over time plus it also has a small sustain bonus when using mana and being damaged as well.
- Liandry’s Torment – Makes your ability damage deal percentage of HP damage. This synergizes well with Aurelion Sol’s kit because he constantly deal AoE magic damage.
- Boots of Swiftness – Aurelion Sol needs superior position in order to consistently deal damage and more movement speed helps that case. Upgrade with the Stasis Enchant to counter burst damage champions or upgrade with the Quicksilver Enchant to counter hard crowd controls.
- Rylai’s Crystal Scepter – Your abilities will constantly slow your enemies once you have this item and it will make it easier to damage them and control team fights into your favor.
- Rabadon’s Deathcap – Grants the highest amount of AP stat so you’ll gain a big power spike with this item. You’ll be able to kill enemies with just one combo with this item.
- Void Staff – Punish those who build magic resist against you because this item grants the highest amount of magic penetration in game.
The Seven Headed Hydra
This item build works well in three conditions: Your team has enough crowd control, you have an effective peeler, and the enemy team has no high HP champions. The first two conditions are fulfilled if you have Alistar, Malphite, or Braum in your team. This build increases your CDR to the max and grants you high burst damage which contrast the first build’s DPS and utility function.
- Awakened Soulstealer – Grants the highest amount of cooldown reduction plus grants an addtional cooldown reduction to your ultimate with every unique takedown which is not affected by the CDR cap.
- Ionian Boots of Lucidity – Grants additional cooldown reduction.
- Infinity Orb – Makes your abilities deal bonus magic damage against low hp champions.
- Electrocute – Grants additional damage on combos. Do not forget to auto attack between abilities to make sure that Electrocute will proc.
- Brutal – Increases your damage and penetration.
- Spirit Walker – Provides a small HP bonus and slow resistance which synergizes nicely with Boots of Swiftness.
- Sweet Tooth – Grants bonus gold and HP regeneration on eating Honeyfruits.
Ignite increases your chances of killing the enemy especially when ganking the bot lane which almost always carry a heal summoner spell.
Flash is necessary for Aurelion Sol because he has no natural disengage abilities.
Master Yi requires a lot of farm and that makes his team’s early game a little harder because of the lack of ganks. Aurelion Sol takes care of that void because he is an amazing ganker from the get go.
Fizz‘s kit just simply makes Aurelion Sol’s life hard all game long. Aurelion simply doesn’t have enough damage or pressure in the early game to hinder Fizz and his Playful/Trickster is a hard counter to all your skills plus he can simply dash into inside your stars, which makes it close to impossible to deal with this annoying fish.
Here are some pros and cons if you are playing with Aurelion Sol in Wild Rift.
- Aurelion Sol provides constant damage in team fights and he dishes out good offensive utility as well. His constant map pressure thanks to his ganks in the early to mid game makes life easy for his team.
- Aurelion Sol is not that popular of a champion so most of your enemies in the lower tier will have a hard time against you because of the simple fact that they don’t know Aurelion Sol.
- Laning with Aurelion Sol is easy because he can clear the lane with just one click of a button.
- Aurelion Sol is a unique champion and because of that, it could be a big challenge to learn how to play him effectively. During the first few games, you’ll find yourself dying because you are more focused on trying to hit the enemy with the orbiting stars than your HP.
- Enemies who know how to counter Aurelion Sol will punish you hard through pressuring you while in lane and when you are ganking, they will also punish you by hard pushing your lane.