Recommended Lane: Jungle
Kha’Zix is the consequence of the Void’s growth. Born a weak creature, Kha’Zix struggled from the beginning of his existence but he feasted on increasingly larger and more dangerous prey. Whenever he struggled to do so, he somehow understood what made them so strong and he evolved new, more effective ways to kill them. This guide will fast-track you to everything you need to know about the Evolving Voidreaver, Kha’Zix before you stalk the Wild Rift. The author, Siege, would like to thank r/Kha’ZixMains and Tinjus for teaching him how to play Kha’Zix in League PC.
Kha'Zix Wild Rift Build Recommendation
Here are Item Build Recommendations that works on this champion and which are the best build for Kha'Zix Wild Rift in this patch.
This is the standard item build for Kha’Zix.
- Black Cleaver provides extra health and mobility are great for objective control. Of course, the armor shred passive is nice on Kha’Zix, especially when paired with Conqueror. Kha’Zix cannot one-shot opponents by himself in the early game unless extremely fed so a bruiser item is the better first item right now. If you manage the bag two or three kills before the first drake spawn, feel free to skip this item.
- Ionian Boots of Lucidity grants ability haste that is welcomed by Kha’Zix with all of his claws because of how reliant he is on his abilities. Upgrade with Stasis Enchant for more outplay potential like having an additional turret shot window when diving.
- Duskblade of Draktharr is an item made for Kha’Zix . Void Assault makes Kha’Zix invisible for 1.25(2) seconds which is enough time to refresh Duskblade’s passive, Nightstalker. And when this passive is combined with Unseen Threat, every auto-attack of Kha’Zix out of invisibility will hit like a truck.
- Serylda’s Grudge makes it impossible to escape you because it adds another later of slow to Kha’Zix’s kit that is already abundant of slows. Build Mortal Reminder instead if the enemy has champions with heals or sustain.
- Death’s Dance will allow you to survive burst damage if you are caught in a bad position as it will convert a portion of the damage into DPS. Use your Stasis Enchant to survive the DPS if think you won’t be able to withstand it.
- Guardian Angel’s Resurrect passive will allow you to do risky dives and survive them. In the late game, you will be able to one-shot most squishies and if you can go in and then come out alive, it will already be a big advantage to your team.
- Umbral Glaive is a great first item option if you bag the first blood because it is cheap and it disables wards so you can snowball your first blood into many more ganks and kills.
This is an alternative build that focuses on turning Kha’Zix into a bruiser who can frontline for his team. This item build works well when Kha’zix is played in the Baron lane.
- Edge of Night is a situational yet powerful and crucial item for Khazix as it allows him to sneak up on enemies without having the second thoughts due to the abundance of Crowd Control.
- Duskblade of Draktharr allows one to be a lethal inflictor of damage. Once you start snowballing into a perfect killing predator. all you need to do is continue stacking up damage in the form of AD or Crit. This way, you can ensure your victory near the end.
Runes for Kha'Zix in Wild Rift
- Electrocute grants the highest burst damage bonus in Wild Rift, in the later stages of the game, with enough items, you’ll be able to one-shot squishies. Conqueror is a great alternative, even when playing with the Apex Predator build because it is a reliable damage source, making you stronger the longer a fight goes on.
- Brutal grants a flat damage bonus and a little armor penetration. This will allow you to optimize your early game clear, allowing you to clear at least three camps before the first Scuttlers spawn.
- Hunter – Titan grants a stacking HP and tenacity bonus. Kha’Zix is weak against crowd control so the extra tenacity is handy for making him escape controls faster.
- Hunter – Genius grants a stacking ability haste bonus. Kha’Zix is reliant on his abilities so he should get all the ability haste he can possibly get.
Smite is a must when playing as a jungler. It will allow you to clear your jungle camps faster and you have to use it to secure important epic monsters, the drakes, Rift Herald, and Baron. upgrade into the Red/Challenging smite when against strong dueling junglers like Rengar and Lee Sin. Otherwise, upgrade into Blue/Chilling smite because its slow effect will increase your chances to succeed in your hunts.
Flash is a must for Kha’Zix as it adds one more mobility option for outplays. You can use it to either flash in and kill an opponent or flash out to escape to safety.
1st, Taste Their Fear is your major source of damage so it is maxed first at all Evolution orders except when laning, where maxing 2nd, Void Spike is more advantageous. Otherwise, 2nd, Void Spike is maxed next to scale its damage and heal then 3rd, Leap is maxed last as you don’t need to scale its cooldown, especially if you are going to evolve it as it will reset on takedowns anyway. Of course, get a point in your ultimate whenever possible.
Enhances next attack against enemy champions to deal an additional 14 magic damage (14 + 40% bonus AD) and slow by 25% for 2 seconds.
Unseen Threat is refreshed when the enemy team loses sight of Kha’Zix.
Slashes with his claws, dealing 65 physical damage (65 + 130% bonus AD). If the target is isolated, the damage is increased by 110%.
Evolve-Reaper Claws: Attacks and Taste Their Fear gain 50 range and 45% of Taste Their Fear’s cooldown is refunded against isolated targets.
Fires spikes that deal 80 physical damage (80 + 100% bonus AD). Heals himself for 55 + 50% AP) if he is within the explosion.
Evolve-Spike Racks: Fires two additional spikes and slows enemies by 60% for 2 seconds.
Leaps to target area, dealing 65 physical damage (65 + 20% bonus AD).
Evolve-Wings: Gain 250 range on Leap. Leap’s cooldown is reset on champion takedowns.
Passive: Each rank in Void Assault allows Kha’Zix to evolve one of his abilities.
Active: Becomes invisible and gain 40% Movement Speed for 1.25 seconds. Void Assault can be cast again within 10 seconds.
Evolve-Adaptive Cloaking: Invisibility duration is increased to 2 seconds and can be cast up to three times.
Innate Passive: Unseen Threat
Kha’Zix’s passive enhances his next attack against enemy champions and slows them. Unseen Threat activates when Kha’Zix is not seen by the enemy team and it lasts until it is used even after being seen.
Unseen Threat is signified by the glow in his claws. After using his passive, it will only glow again by being unseen. This can be done mid-fight by hiding under brushes or by using Kha’Zix ‘s ultimate, Void Assault.
If you hid under brushes and your claws did not glow, it means that the enemy has vision of that brush and most probably, a ward is planted there.
Make full use of Kha’Zix ‘s passive by always auto-attacking in between your combos and every time you have used a charge of your ultimate, Void Assault. If you are fighting close to a brush, you can try to hide under brushes every time you have completed one basic combo cycle, 2nd + 1st + AA. The slow from Unseen Threat will make it possible to pull off without the enemy getting too far away.
Q | 1st: Taste Their Fear
Taste Their Fear is Kha’Zix’s main source of damage. Isolated enemies are dealt 110% more damage and if Taste Their Fear is Evolved, 45% of this ability’s cooldown is refunded. An enemy is Isolated if the enemy has no allied champion or minion nearby. A target has an Isolation ring that signifies that it is Isolated and it shows the range where their ally can disable the Isolated status.
Due to the bonus damage on Isolated targets, Kha’Zix can easily kill any enemy champion if they are alone. But, it is also his weakness because his one-shot potential is entirely reliant on the enemy being Isolated.
Taste Their Fear cancels the backswing animation of Kha’Zix’s auto attack and 2nd, Void Spike so it is best to use it after either of those. It is somehow like an auto-attack reset.
Taste Their Fear can be used while using 3rd, Leap. If you have Evolved both Taste Their Fear and 3rd, Leap, it will be possible to assassinate enemies from a relatively long-range.
Taste Their Fear’s Evolve is called Evolve-Reaper Claws. This Evolve increases Kha’Zix’s auto-attack and Taste Their Fear’s range by 50 units. This change makes it easier to pull off his combos. The more significant change is that when Taste Their Fear is used on Isolated targets, 45% of its cooldown is refunded.
Champions who can out clear Kha’Zix are rare after acquiring Evolve-Reaper Claws, thanks to the 45% cooldown reduction from its use on Isolated targets. Due to this fact and because Evolve-Reaper Claws is great for early Isolated duels), even take drakes and other objectives sneakily, alone, Evolve-Reaper Claws is one of the most popular first Evolve. It is also the safest choice when playing solo.
W | 2nd: Void Spike
Void Spike is Kha’Zix’s only skill shot. It deals damage around the area it explodes and if Kha’zix is in the range of the explosion, he is healed.
Void Spike’s healing is important for keeping Kha’Zix healthy in the early game. It also helps on clearing the Raptors, Wolves, and Krugs. When clearing camps with multiple monsters, walk towards the camp first so that all of them will be hit by Void Spike’s explosion.
In duels and ganks, Void Spike should be cast first before either casting 3rd, Leap on long-range ganks or before 1st, Taste Their Fear when an enemy is near, either when an enemy is face checking or by using Kha’Zix’s ultimate, Void Assault to get near them. Void Spike is cast first because its animation backswing can be canceled by Kha’Zix’s other abilities.
Void Spike’s Evolve is called Evolve-Spike Racks. It adds two additional spikes that fly at a diagonal angle at both sides of Void Spike’s main target direction. Enemies hit by the Evolved spikes are slowed by 60%.
Void Spike is Evolved first when playing lane Kha’Zix or at level 11 or 16 when played in the jungle. The additional spikes are great for wave clearing and the slow is great in team fights for picking off enemies or peeling for allies.
Void Spike can be buffered or cast faster using Flash. If you are planning to Flash in for a kill, cast Void Spike first for the surprising damage and if it is evolved, the kill will be ensured because of the slow.
If you watch to check the brushes for enemies, use Void Spike because you will see it explode if it hits an enemy you cannot see.
E | 3r: Leap
Leap, as its name suggest, makes Kha’Zix leap and deal damage to the area where he lands. It deals a considerable amount of damage and its range is enormous when Evolved. It also has a cooldown reset on takedowns when evolved.
When killing jungle camps, use leap to get from one camp to the next faster. Target the middle of the camp so you can kill the small monsters faster together with Kha’Zix’s 2nd, Void Spike.
Leap’s combo 2nd + 3rd + 1st + AA is best used against squishy opponents who can be one-shotted. If you are unsure if the enemy has flash or has a mobility tool, or when fighting a tankier opponent, it is better to walk up to your prey with your ultimate, Void Assault then use Leap when the enemy attempts to flash away from you.
If you cannot avoid an enemy’s crowd control, use Leap to tank the crowd control. You will still be stunned or rooted but you will still fly during the duration so you’ll still have the chance to either chase or escape.
Evolve-Wings Evolve as mention increases Leap’s range and allows it to be reset on takedowns. This Evolution is great on team fights and snowballing. If you bagged a double or triple kill, you may opt to Evolve leap first to snowball the rest of the game.
R | Ultimate: Void Assault
Void Assault allows Kha’Zix to turn invisible for 1.25 seconds (2 seconds when Evolved) twice (thrice when Evolved) within 10 seconds. While invisible, Kha’Zix gains bonus movement speed and his passive, Unseen Threat is refreshed.
Void Assault offers Kha’Zix lots of utility that he can use in different ways. Some examples of Void Assault usage:
- To get close to an enemy champion you want to gank.
- To juke enemies and avoid skillshots with the invisibility and bonus movement speed. Move to a different direction after turning invisible so that the enemy will have a harder time determining where you will show up.
- To reset his passive, Unseen Threat for more damage in duels. A full-duration Evolved Void Assault also resets the passive of Duskblade of Draktharr. Plus, it will give you enough time to reset the cooldown of your other abilities.
Void Assault also grants the passive ability to Evolve Kha’Zix abilities. Kha’Zix can Evolve a total of three abilities in levels 5, 9, and 13. If a Nemesis Duel activates and Kha’Zix wins, he will have the chance to Evolve all his abilities.
Kha’Zix has different Evolution orders depending on the champions drafted, game state, and individual play style. Here are some examples of Evolution orders.
Apex Predator – Standard Evolution
This is the safest Evolution order for Kha’Zix. Evolving 1st, Taste Their Fear is important, especially in solo queue because you’ll mostly be doing things by yourself. You’ll be dueling the enemy jungler solo, securing scuttlers solo, and even take drakes and Rift Herald solo. 1st, Taste Their Fear enables you to do just that. 1st, Taste Their Fear is also a safe first Evolve because it makes your clear speed twice as fast, so you’ll have a good amount of gold if gank opportunities are rare.
3rd, Leap is Evolved next because it takes advantage of frequent team fights in the mid-game and so, you’ll be able to take advantage of resets. Kha’Zix also has usually enough damage by then to one-shot most squishies.
Whether to Evolve 2nd, Void Spikes, or your ultimate, Void Assault is up to your preference. If your team is cooperative, Evolving 2nd, Void Spikes might be a better choice but Void Assault will provide you more solo carry potential.
Smurfing Mantis – Snowball Evolution
As the name implies, this Evolution order for Kha’Zix is mainly for smurfs because evolving 3rd, Leap is only useful when you managed to bag two or three kills before the first drake. Smurfs have superior game sense in relation to other players in the bracket they are playing so they can abuse out positioned targets easily and get kills and resets easily. This Evolution order is risky because if you don’t manage to snowball through kills, you won’t be able to farm as fast compared to Evolving 1st, Taste Their Fear first.
Organized Chaos – Team Fight Evolution
This Evolution order is favored in higher elo because of Void Assault’s high outplay potential. The increased invisibility duration is enough to approach backline champions in a gank and on team fights, especially on the drake fights. In 5 stacks and even on solo queue in Emerald+, players will more likely to group up to take objectives and Kha’Zix can feel hard to play in this situations when he Evolves 1st, Taste Their Fear first so Evolving Void Assault first can be a remedy to that.
Evolving 2nd, Void Spike is best when playing Kha’Zix in the baron lane or even in the mid lane. The extra spikes enable Kha’Zix to wave clear fast and the slow is extremely useful in fights either for picking off enemies and for peeling for teammates.
Kha’Zix can use land all his damage in less than a second. This is what it looks like when you pulled it off.
Standard combo: 2nd + 3rd + 1st + AA
Facecheck combo: 2nd + 1st + AA
Full combo: 2nd + 3rd + 1st + AA + Ult + 1st + AA + Ult + 2nd + 1st + AA + (STILL ALIVE?!) + Ult + 1st + AA
If you are going to execute your combo in a crowded fight (bad idea unless your team has lots of AoE crowd control), make use of the portrait lock function to ensure that your abilities will hit one single target. Remember to make full use of Void Assault’s invisibility duration and that you can use 1st, Taste Their Fear while using 3rd, Leap.
Kha'Zix Early Game Guide
Always start with the red buff unless you want to be leased by your duo lane in the blue buff. After clearing red buff, go near the Raptors then use your 2nd, Void Spike to hit all of them then kite them towards the brush so you can immediately kill the smaller ones without taking too much damage then finish the large Raptor with your 1st, Taste Their Fear.
If there is a threat of an invade, for example, if against Lee Sin or Olaf, skip the Raptors and head straight to your blue buff then kill the Gromp afterward instead.
You can duel most junglers in level 3 because the enemy jungler will be Isolated so don’t worry about the scuttle fight unless the lanes near the scuttlers are losing hard.
Once you killed the scuttler, look for an early gank or clear the blue side. Recall after clearing the blue side, buy your first items and switch to Oracle Lens. Kill the red buff then look for a gank again and if you are successful, proceed to kill the first drake. If there are no ganking opportunities, recall and buy again before asking your team to group up at the dragon pit.
If you don’t see the enemy team leaving their lane, activate your Oracle Lens then jump into the pit using the Blast Cone. It is important that you don’t use your 3rd, Leap when doing a sneaky take so that its available for use just in case the enemy comes.
Kha'Zix Late Game Guide
In the late game, you have to be opportunistic when using Kha’Zix . Kha’Zix is not the type of champion who can just go in and go out and deal so much damage. You have to wait for the proper time to go in and kill as many enemies as possible.
The easiest way to do this is to wait for an all-in engagement from your team then wait for abilities to go on cooldown and HPs to get low enough for you to go in for the clean-up.
If the enemy’s support or other main peeler commits, you can use your ultimate, Void Assault to sneak into the backline and assassinate their ADC.
Since Kha’Zix has enough damage to one-shot squishies in the late game, you can use your Oracle Lens and plant yourself deep into the enemy jungle. Wait for an enemy to walk by you, then surprise them with your burst damage.
Galio is an absolute unit when paired with Kha’Zix. He’s a great lane to gank thanks to his crowd controls. The enemy team would not want to group up because of, again, his crowd control. And finally, Kha’Zix can use his ultimate, Void Assault to sneak into the middle of the enemy team, and then Galio can target Kha’Zix for his ultimate, Heroic Entrance.
Katarina and Kha’Zix together are resets, pain, and mayhem.
All Kha'Zix Wild Rift Counter Champions
Rengar is Kha’Zix’s nemesis. Be careful in the early game because he can out-trade you because of his 2nd, Battle Roar’s heal. Use your ultimate immediately after jumping on him so he has fewer opportunities to stack up his Ferocity. This match-up will mostly depend on who gets ahead first so minimize your mistakes and play safely around unwarded brushes. Consider buying an early Executioner’s Calling to minimize his healing.
Lee Sin can snowball harder through ganks and he can reveal you when you are using your ultimate but unlike Rengar, you are stronger than him in the early game. Look out for your team while farming for your first ultimate and counter gank so he won’t be able to get kills before you do.
Rammus is another ganking jungler who has better pacing than you in terms of ganking. But you can out farm him hard and leave the jungle with much more gold than him. Your issue with Rammus is that his ultimate, Soaring Slam creates a zone where you cannot use your ultimate properly and you’re dead meat (is insect flesh considered meat?) if you are taunted while his allies are near.
Pros & Cons About Kha'Zix
Here are some pros and cons if you are playing with Kha'Zix in Wild Rift.
- Kha’Zix is a great solo queue jungler. He has good jungle clear, he can 1v1 most junglers, and he has great objective control. In fact, he has one of the fastest drake clear even without Mastermind.
- Kha’Zix has insane burst damage once he acquired his core items. He can easily delete most ADCs and mages with just one combo in the mid to late game.
- Kha’Zix has high replayability because he has different Evolution orders that lead to varying playstyles. Even with his fairly simple kit, he has surprising mechanics that make him very rewarding to play.
- Kha’Zix damage is heavily reliant on his Isolation mechanic. Because of that, enemies will group up against him and if his team cannot punish grouped up champions, Kha’Zix will have a hard time.
- Since Kha’Zix relies on short bursts of damage, he is weak against tanky and peel compositions.
- Like other assassins, Kha’Zix is weak against crowd controls. He will easily die when he is controlled or if he makes a mistake with his mobility tools.
FAQ's About Kha'Zix in Wild Rift
How good is Kha'Zix in Wild Rift?
Kha’Zix is an (Tier S+) champion. He is one of the more reliable solo queue junglers. He is not as mechanically intensive as Lee Sin, but Kha’Zix can carry just as hard as him, if not more. So, Kha’Zix is a great pick if you want a low elo jungler to hard carry yourself out of elo hell.
What role / lane should I play with Kha'Zix in Wild Rift?
Kha’Zix is mostly a jungler who excels in assassinating the enemy’s backline and other Isolated champions. He can also be played as a Baron or even Mid laner who can peel and bring lots of damage and utility for his team.
What abilities do I level up with Kha'Zix?
1st, Taste Their Fear is your major source of damage so it is maxed first at all Evolution orders except when laning, where maxing 2nd, Void Spike is more advantageous. Otherwise, 2nd, Void Spike is maxed next to scale its damage and heal then 3rd, Leap is maxed last as you don’t need to scale its cooldown, especially if you are going to evolve it as it will reset on takedowns anyway.
What items should I build with Kha'Zix?
Kha’Zix needs armor penetration and ability haste. Black Cleaver fits this category perfectly. His other core item is Duskblade of Draktharr because its passive, Nightstalker resets, along with Kha’Zix’s own passive, Unseen Threat, when Void Assault is activated.
What Runes should I use when playing as Kha'Zix?
Electrocute is Kha’Zix standard Keystone rune because it perfectly complements his burst damage combo. But Conqueror is also a perfectly reasonable Keystone to take because it will make Kha’Zix stronger the longer a fight goes on. His other runes are Brutal, Hunter – Titan, and Hunter – Genius.
What abilities do I Evolve with Kha'Zix?
Kha’Zix’s standard Evolution order is 1st, Taste Their Fear into 3rd, Leap into 2nd, Void Spike, or ultimate, Void Assault. Evolving 1st, Taste Their Fear first is the safest option because it grants great dueling potential, faster clear, and better objective control. For other Evolution orders, refer to our guide.