Recommended Lane: Dragon Lane
Soraka is a celestial being who chose to become flesh and blood to help the mortals of Runeterra. Soraka is a basic Enchanter mage with great sustain and poke and the ultimate ability to instantly heal her allies across the map.
Soraka gains 70% Movement Speed when moving toward allied champions below 35% health.
Calls a star, dealing 60 magic damage (60 + 40% AP) and slowing by 30% for 2 seconds. If an enemy champion is hit, Soraka gains Rejuvenation, healing for 8 (8 + 5% AP) over 4 seconds.
After healing an ally champion 3 times, Starcall is empowered to deal 40% damage in a larger area.
Heals another allied champion for 80 (80 + 70% AP).
If Soraka has Rejuvenation, the ally gains Rejuvenation for 4 seconds.
Create a zone that deals 70 magic damage (70 + 40% AP) and silences enemies. The zone expires after 1.5 seconds, dealing 70 magic damage (70 + 40% AP) and rooting for 1 second.
Heals all allied champions for 150 (150 + 40% AP), increased by 50% if the ally is below 35% Health.
Soraka has increased movement speed when moving towards low HP allies and it has a wide AoE. This allows Soraka to quickly move towards an ally in need of healing and support.
An arrow pointing towards the low HP allied champion will appear when Salvation is active.
Q / Ability 1: Starcall
Starcall drops a star into the target area to damage and slow enemies hit. If Starcall hits an enemy, Soraka gains Rejuvenation which heals her and empowers her W, Astral Infusion.
Because of the Rejuvenation effect, hitting Starcall is important to Soraka’s game because it allows her to spam her W, Astral Infusion, without depleting her HP too much.
Starcall drops faster the closer its casted to Soraka. So if you want to instantly damage or slow your enemy, move closer before casting this ability.
Target bushes with this ability to reveal the area. Starcall also works well to scout the Drake and Baron area.
W / Ability 2: Astral Infusion
Astral Infusion is a single target heal which uses ten percent of Soraka’s max HP as its cost.
Astral Infusion also grants the target Rejuvenation if Soraka is currently affected by it.
Do not overheal your allies when they’re nearly at full health because it will cost you more than it will benefit them but use this ability on your ADC before recalling back to base.
Astral Infusion cannot be cast if you are below 5% health. Casting it at around 5%-10% HP will bring your current HP to 1.
E / Ability 3: Equinox
Equinox summons a circle which damages and silences enemies within. After a short duration, enemies who remained inside the circle are rooted and damaged again.
Equinox is tough to land but chaining it with Q, Starcall, helps because of its slow. But if you want a guaranteed root, chaining it with an ally’s crowd control is your best bet.
Melee casters like Yasuo, Zed, and Fizz are great targets for Equinox because they become vulnerable without their abilities.
The silence from this ability interrupts channeling abilities like Miss Fortune’s Bullet Time or Jhin’s Final Curtain.
The damage of Equinox is instantaneous so its a good way to interrupt a recall.
R / Ultimate: Wish
Wish is a global ability which instantly heals all allies regardless of where they are on the map. It heals for significantly more if the ally’s HP is below 35%.
Always wait for the last possible moment before activating this ability for the bonus heal. Look at who is fighting the ally you are going to heal. If they are fighting a high burst damage champion like Fizz or Zed, it might be better to heal earlier.
The portraits beside the minimap is your friend.
Soraka Build Recommendation
Here are Item Build Recommedation that works on Soraka
This is the standard build for Soraka which focuses on increasing her ability to heal and protect her team.
- Ardent Censer – Grants your healing an additional effect called Censer which grants you and your target ally bonus attack speed and bonus magic damage to your attacks.
- Harmonic Echo – Provide another layer of healing to your W, Astral Infusion every time the Harmony stacks of this item is maxed. Plus, it can heal up to four champions compared to your W which only heals one.
- Ionian Boots of Lucidity – This boots gives you ability haste as well as spell haste which means it reduces the cooldown of your abilities as well as your summoner spells. Upgrade your boots with the Shadows Enchant for an additional scouting ability. Locket Enchant is another viable item which grants shielding to all allies around you. Redemption Enchant is also a viable tool as it can be used to scout an area and dish out healing and AoE damage after a delay.
- Athene’s Unholy Grail – This item adds yet another layer of healing to your W but only for a single ally and the additional value depends on the damage you recently dealt to enemies.
- Protector’s Vow – Activates a shield when you or a nearby ally is damaged.
- Rabadon’s Deathcap – The damage and healing values of your abilities will shoot up after obtaining this item because of its high AP stat.
This is a more aggressive build which makes Starcall a potent poke spell. Since the AP scaling is good in this spell, your healing values is not too far from what the first build can give.
- Luden’s Echo – The Discordic Echo passive of this spell grants additional magic damage to up to four targets.
- Archangel’s Staff – This item grants a huge mana boost which makes you have virtually unlimited mana and it grants additional AP bonus based on your maximum mana. Plus, it has the lifeline passive which grants a shield when your HP drops below a certain percentage.
- Rylai’s Crystal Scepter – Adds a slow effect to your offensive abilities.
- Morellonomicon – Adds the Grievous Wounds effect to your offensive abilities which counters high sustain (healing or vamp) effects of enemies.
- Aery – The best Keystone rune for Soraka because it enhances both your offensive and defensive abilities. Wait for Aery to return to you before casting your next spell to always utilize its effects.
- Weakness – Enemies you slow or root will receive 5% more damage from all sources. Gathering Storm is a good alternative rune which increases your AP more as time passes by.
- Loyalty – Increases the dual resistance of both you and a nearby ally.
- Pack Hunter – Grants movement speed bonus when you are near an ally and also grants bonus gold to you and a unique ally on takedowns.
Exhaust slows the target enemy champion and reduces its damage output. It is a great spell to protect your ally from being bursted down and it is also a viable way to secure kills.
Flash is a necessary spell because Soraka is a squishy immobile champion without any other way to escape her enemies.
Q, Starcall, is maxed first because it is a great source of damage as well as regeneration for both you and your allies. W, Astral Infusion, is maxed next to enhance its healing effects and E, Equinox, is maxed last because its utility is enough at level 1. Get a point in your ultimate whenever possible.
Fiora wants to split push and duel enemies who comes to respond to her split push. She excels in close, to the death fights and with Soraka’s ultimate, Fiora can easily win even 2v1 situations.
Varus’s Hail of Arrows is currently the only spell in Wild Rift with a Grievous Wounds effect which makes him a natural counter to Soraka. Varus also has both good long range DPS and burst damage which makes him a threat to Soraka all game long.
Here are some pros and cons if you are playing with Soraka in Wild Rift.
- Soraka provides consistent damage and sustain all through out the game. She is one of the more reliable support champions when it comes to healing and poke damage.
- She has good presence in team fights thanks to her hear and her silence can disrupt even the best players and strongest champions when placed in the right place and the right time.
- Her ultimate, Wish, is an instant global heal spell on demand which can provide assistance to an ally even if that ally is far across the map.
- Soraka is a very squishy champion which has no defensive spell whatsoever so she is an easy pickoff and on the hands of an inexperienced player who does not know how to position her, she will definitely feed.
- She requires a good amount of map presence to make use of her ultimate effectively.
- A good knowledge of the game is necessary to make full use of her kit.l