Recommended Lane: Mid
Ahri is a vastayan who can reshape magic into orbs of raw energy. She revels in toying with her prey by manipulating their emotions before devouring their life essence. Ahri is a mid mage/assassin hybrid who enjoys charming and toying with her prey before killing them.
Gains a stack of Essence Theft if her spell hits a target. At 3 stacks, Ahri’s next spell that hits an enemy heals her for 30 (30 +45% AP).
Launches an orb that deals 40 magic damage (40 +35% AP) on the way out, and 40 true damage (40 + 35% AP) on the way back.
Releases 3 fox-fires that seek nearby enemies and deal 40 magic damage (40 + 30% AP). Ahri gains 40% Movement Speed that decays over 1.5 seconds.
Enemies hit by multiple fox-fires take 30% damage for each fox-fire beyond the first.
Fox-fires prioritizes champions hit by Charm, followed by recently attacked enemies.
Blows a kiss that deals 60 magic damage (60 + 50% AP) and charms the first enemy hit, causing them to walk towards Ahri for 1.4 second(s).
Enemies hit by Charm take 20% more damage from Ahri’s abilities for 5 seconds.
Dashes forward and deals 60 magic damage (60 + 35% AP) to 3 nearby enemies.
Can be cast up to 3 times within 10 seconds before going on cooldown.
Dash distance increases with rank. Bolts prioritizes champions.
Innate: Essence Theft
Ahri’s spirit ball turns bright blue-green when she gets the max stack of her passive, which is after three spells. The next spell will heal her depending on her AP.
Unlike her PC version, the Wild Rift version of Essence Theft heals once regardless of which ability you choose so you don’t necessarily have to use your 1st, Orb of Deception, to make the most of your passive. Using any spell to activate Essence Rift is fine.
Q | 1st: Orb of Deception
Orb of Deception is Ahri’s main source of damage. It deals magic damage on the way to its max range then it turns purple and deals true damage on its way back.
The best way to hit an enemy with Orb of Deception is on its max range because it will instantly deal both forms of damage that way. If the enemy is close, move in parallel of the direction of your target because the ball will curve back to you, increasing your chance of hitting the enemy with true damage. Use Spirit Rush if necessary.
Practice simultaneously hitting minions and your enemy champion in the laning phase.
W | 2nd: Fox-Fire
Fox-Fire summons 3 little fireballs around Ahri which target enemy’s based on this priority:
- Charmed target.
- Last attacked enemy.
- Nearest enemies.
All three fireballs can hit the same target but deals reduced damage after the first. It is worthy to note that they also have a separate area of effect.
Fox-Fire simply some bonus damage but it can be a good way to instantly activate your Essence Theft because it has a near-instant casting time.
Fox-Fire increases your movement speed so use it to catch up to enemies, escape them and/or dodge their skill shots.
E | 3rd: Charm
Charm is the strongest single target charm ability in all of League of Legends (PC version included, yes.)
The charm effect has for at least 1.4 seconds up to two seconds which is more than enough time to kill the enemy. The charmed enemy also receives 20% more damage from Ahri’s abilities. It won’t increase damage from item effects, ignite, and auto-attack of Ahri, though.
The easiest way to hit Charm is to reposition yourself with Spirit Fire first. Practice the discipline of not casting Charm if you are not 100% sure that it will hit because it provides more than half of the effectiveness of your combo.
If you hit an enemy with charm, you will most likely kill the enemy. If you miss, you’ll most likely be dove into your tower.
The enemy you charmed will walk towards your direction and will follow you even if you change direction.
R | Ultimate: Spirit Rush
Spirit Rush allows her to dash for a maximum of three times. Each dash releases up to three small orbs which damage enemies around her.
Spirit Rush is key to her fast and playful offensive style and it allows her to outplay most opponents with well-timed usage.
There is a fixed short cooldown between each dash.
Even if Ahri has exceptional mobility with her ultimate, it is advisable to learn how to position correctly so you’ll minimize the chances of being forced to use Spirit Rush defensively.
It is a great setback to put this ability on cooldown without getting any kills.
You can outstyle your opponents by doing a Charm + Flash + Spirit Rush combo which will hide the Charm’s projectile and will surprise them. Although, it is not a practical way to use Flash and it is not reliable but there’s no stopping you from learning and doing the combo for style points.
Combo: Ult + 3rd + 2nd + 1st + Ult + AA + Ult
Ahri Build Recommendation
Here are Item Build Recommedations that works on Ahri
This is the main build for Ahri which focuses on maxing her cooldown reduction items first then increasing her burst damage. The emphasis on cooldown reduction is important because it will allow Ahri to use her ultimate, Spirit Rush, as much as possible.
- Luden’s Echo – Adds additional AoE burst damage thanks to the Discordic Echo passive.
- Ionian Boots of Lucidity – Grants additional ability haste. Upgrade with the Protobelt Enchant to counter burst damage champions or upgrade with the Quicksilver Enchant to counter crowd controls.
- Awakened Soulstealer – This is the best CDR item for mages because each unique takedown will reduce the cooldown of your ultimate.
- Infinity Orb – Grants movement speed, magic penetration, and bonus damage against low HP targets.
- Rabadon’s Deathcap – This item provides the highest amount of AP so your burst damage will have a huge powerspike with this item.
- Void Staff – Punish those who stack magic resist items against you with this item which grants the highest amount of magic penetration.
Burst Kyubi no Kitsune
This item build maximizes the burst damage of Ahri which is perfect when you think the game has a slower pacing than usual.
- Lich Bane – The Spellblade passive from this item grants bonus magic damage to your next attack after using an ability which synergizes well with your hit and run style combos.
- Electrocute – Activates on combos and trades which deal additional damage to affected enemies.
- Brutal – Grants additional AD and helps the champion to scale further in the late game with higher efficiency.
- Spirit Walker – Provides a small HP bonus and adaptive resistance based on the damage you have taken the most in the past minute.
- Sweet Tooth – Adds bonus gold and HP regeneration when eating Honeyfruits.
Ahri is an aggressive champion and Ignite will help you land more kills all game long.
It is inadvisable to use Spirit Rush to escape enemies so reserve your Flash for dangerous situations instead.
1st, Orb of Deception is maxed last because it is your main source of damage and the main tool for clearing the lane. Then 2nd, Fox-Fire is max next as your secondary source of damage. 3rd, Charm, is maxed last after getting a point in level 2 as insurance or for an early play. Get a point in your ultimate whenever possible.
Ahri Early Game Guide
Ahri has adequate range and poke thanks to her 1st, Orb of Deception. She can safely clear her wave from afar and she can secure her last hits or shove the wave using the same ability.
She can use her 2nd, Fox-Fire to harass overextending enemies, especially if your enemy is a melee champion. Also use 2nd, Fox-Fire’s movement speed bonus to dodge your enemy’s skill shots.
Keep using your first two abilities to reduce the HP of your enemy and shove your lane. If an opportunity presents itself, use your 3rd, Charm. A successful 3rd, Charm cast will force your enemy to use their summoner spells, recall, or die.
Never spam your 3rd, Charm. Once you miss this, the enemy will try to all-in on you.
After reaching level 5, look if you can kill your enemy laner or gank the side lanes using your ultimate. Every time your ultimate is available, look for a kill but once you have used your ultimate, go back to your lane and farm and do not overextend because the enemy jungler will try to gank you if they know that you have your ultimate on cooldown.
Ahri Late Game Guide
In the mid game and late game, your role is to help your team pick off enemies one by one.
If you are fed and have your ultimate available, you should use it to make plays to kill the enemy’s carry and get the attention of the enemy team.
But if you are playing behind, you should focus on assisting your team by dealing additional damage and landing your charms on the enemy. Never go far from your tank or support, especially if your ultimate is on cooldown.
Ahri and Vi as ganking partners is a sure kill strategy that can easily pick off enemies easily one by one. Vi has two easy-to-hit crowd controls and Ahri will have an easy time landing her abilities because of that.
Amumu makes enemies scatter due to the fact that they don’t want to be caught in his ultimate and if they are scattered, it will easier for Ahri to pick them off one by one. Amumu’s passive, Cursed Touch also amplifies Ahri’s damage output.
Yasuo can easily counter your skills and he’ll definitely wait for your Charm to nullify it with his 2nd, Wind Wall.
Katarina has extreme mobility she can easily follow you during your ultimate using her 3rd, Shunpo. Thanks to her high mobility, she is extremely hard to charm. She is most vulnerable right after blinking with her 3rd, Shunpo so you can try your luck there. If, you’re not dead yet.
Here are some pros and cons if you are playing with Ahri in Wild Rift.
- Ahri is an all-around champion which makes her good all game long. She can damage, self-sustain, crowd control, and mobility which is why she can win or at least hold almost all mid lane matchups. She is a safe pick to master in climbing the ranks a mid laner.
- She can win most 1v1 against almost all heroes due to her kit, especially with the mobility from her ultimate, Spirit Rush, and E, Charm.
- Due to the mobility and range that she has, she has no problem creating picks even in late game clashes where most assassins struggle.
- Because Ahri is good at almost all areas, she is never excellent at one area. She is a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none type of hero who cannot outshine other champions in just one area. All of her stats are average at best.
- She’s pretty much a sitting duck without her ultimate because she cannot initiate reliably without it and she has no options for escape with it either.
- Her Q, Orb of Deception, and E, Charm, are skill shots that heavily penalize the player if not executed properly.
FAQ's About Ahri
How good is Ahri in Wild Rift?
Ahri is an (Tier A+) champion. She is a safe pick in most cases and can carry the game once you are proficient with her.
What role / lane should I play with Ahri in Wild Rift?
Ahri is played in the mid lane as an AP carry.
What abilities do I level up with Ahri?
1st, Orb of Deception is maxed last because it is your main source of damage and main tool for clearing the lane. Then 2nd, Fox-Fire is max next as your secondary source of damage. 3rd, Charm, is maxed last after getting a point in level 2 as an insurance or for an early play.
What items should I build with Ahri?
Ahri’s core are are Luden’s Echo and Awakened Soulstealer. Luden’s Echo deals bonus damage when you land an ability so you can poke better and have stronger burst in the laning phase while Awakened Soulsteater grants bonus Ultimate Haste on each unique takedown so you can use your ultimate as often as possible.
What Runes should I use when playing as Fizz?
Electrocute activates on combos and trades which deals additional damage to affected enemies. Her other runes are Brutal, Spirit Walker and Sweet Tooth.
Any tips so I can aim my charms with Ahri?
Stay calm and hold off on using it unless you are sure that your charm will hit. Use it under brushes and in combination with your ult or flash.