Be prepared to become the best midlaner for Season 7, Patch 4.4 with the help of our Wild Rift mid lane tier list. Follow our Wild Rift Mid tier list to distinguish the best champions in the current meta from champions that are quite falling off. In this tier list, champions are ranked and assigned from S+ to C according to their viability for Patch 4.4 influenced by the recent gameplay changes, nerfs, buffs and adjustments.
Carrying the game as a midlaner can become relatively trouble-free due to having the shortest lane and an easy access to the side lanes and jungle. Mid laners provide a great impact on the game due to their capability to inflict burst and area-of-effect damage, and the ability to roam to supply aid to their allies. Typically, the midlane of the summoner’s rift is occupied by mages such as Orianna, Ahri and Twisted Fate and assassins like Zed, Fizz and Akali. Its short lane provides safety and security for mages for having low mobility, which also makes a good place for assassins as they can in turn, burst them down.
Become more effective as a midlaner by knowing how to trade, as it is a key to winning your own lane. Make the most out of every advantage that you have such as area-of-effect damage and long ranges. In relation to trading, proper management of the minion wave is a must-have skill; distinguish when it’s best to push or freeze the lane, and when it’s not. In addition to the list, help your teammates take their lead by roaming. This will often result in enemies dying or burning their spells after getting an unexpected gank.
There are plenty of ways to become successful as a midlaner but above all, you may first consider picking champions you are comfortable with. Champions that will allow you to gain consecutive victories to get promoted. In picking the right champion for you, one may take the current strength of the champions in consideration. After all, gameplay changes and additions highly influence their viability in the game. In alignment with this, we produced this Wild Rift mid tier list to give you an idea which among the 89 champions turned out to become stronger or weaker.
Without doubt, Ahri tops the Wild Rift mid tier list for Patch 4.0. Her recent skill mini-rework absolutely made her broken. Ahri fully unlocks her potential upon activating her ultimate as it is her only source of mobility. Without it, it would take a lot more effort in assassinating or bursting down her opponents. Aside from a series of quick dashes, it also adds a significant amount of damage to her chain of skills. To match League of Legends PC’s version of Ahri, they have come up with a decision to bring it over to Wild Rift. Her Essence Theft grants her healing upon taking down champions. For the most exciting part, Ahri can now gain an extra charge of her Spirit Rush from devouring champions’ essence and the recast duration is extended as well. That way, Ahri can rapidly position herself at will.
Another champion to look out for is Diana. Despite the nerf on her Lunar Rush, Diana still remains to be one of the most dominant champions in the mid lane and overall. Just like everyone else, Diana also received a buff which decreases the cooldown of her ultimate. Diana being able to unleash her ultimate, Moonfall more often can be devastating to her enemies due to its wide crowd control and damage. Not to mention, Diana also does her best at winning duels or 1v1, putting enemies out of position or simply getting rid of them.
Wild Rift Mid Lane Tier List Criteria
This Wild Rift Mid Lane Tier List is categorized based on the current meta and their performance against other champions of the same class.
- Tier S+: Currently the best champions in this Wild Rift Tier List. Also known as God or OP Tier champions. These are very difficult to counter and with the right strategies, perform very well on any game. These champions are usually banned or picked in higher tiers.
- Tier S: Strong Champions. These Champions can be as impactful as the S+ champions but are not as banned or picked as them.
- Tier A+: Viable Champions. These champions are one buff away from being S or S+ tier champions. They can be used in almost all drafts and can be safely picked in most cases.
- Tier A: Good Champions. These Champions are powerful with the right strategies, they excel at what they do in their lanes and perform well in most games.
- Tier B: Average Champions. With the right team composition, they can perform well, but their impact is often lower than tier A.
- Tier C: For Fun Tier: Champions in this tier are usually subpar in their average performance. Yes, you can win with all champions but you will be fighting an uphill battle when using champions in this tier.